Franklin, TN
Before care: Yes

Battle Ground Academy 3

Posted October 08, 2013
Battle Ground Academy high school seems to be stuck in 1978. Teachers use antiquated methods of teaching. Home work requirements are unreasonable (amount of time and some lack of meaningfulness). Current administration of the high school is militant and unyielding. The school prides itself on their honor code but it is widely ignored. The school seems more concerned with turning out "cookie cutter" students and less concerned with helping each child achieve their own individual successes...not much room for individuality. Not worth the tuition.

Battle Ground Academy 1

Posted August 05, 2013
Battle Ground Academy was once a great school that actually focused on "honing" any student's given abilities in the right direction. The soul of the school was literally ripped away when they built the new campus and B.G.A. became a status symbol instead of an intellectual symbol. For the tuition that they are charging now, you might as well send your kid(s) to M.B.A. or H.H. so that they can get a real education for the real world which isn't limited to the bubble of ignorance and arrogance that is Williamson County.

Posted May 20, 2013
I love BGA and cannot say enough wonderful things about the school. Our son absolutely loves going to school. The curriculum is challenging, yet age-appropriate. The teachers nurture the students, while holding them to high expectations. Our son has grown in so many ways, thanks to BGA. He is confident, thoughtful, hard-working, courteous, and strong academically. BGA is not close to our home but is worth the drive. I consider it to be one of the top independent schools in the Nashville area and heads above public schools. It is quite a financial commitment, but a decision that was easy to make. Go BGA!

Posted April 16, 2013
We love BGA , my son went to poplar grove and we transferred in the 6th grade because it was time for a change . My son struggles with severe ADHD and BGA has been amazing in working with him . He is a highly gifted student and has thrived and loved school. Its worth every single penny for your child to say they love school daily. I think what people need to remember when choosing a school for their child , its not about finding the best school its about finding the best school that fits your child's needs , personality , abilities and likes . Thats why there are so many choices .

Posted January 14, 2013
This is an excellent school. It is expensive but the results are well worth it.

Posted September 14, 2011
I have been in the teaching profession for years and have several children myself who have been in both public and private schools. My child who attended BGA was extremely well prepared for college, and just as important, learned to value tradition, experienced genuine caring on both the academic and personal level, and had the opportunity to truly participate and fully enjoy the high school experience. She was always happy there and feels that the sense of community she feels will stay with her forever. Speaking as a teacher, I feel that the education was rigorous and challenging. I know many of the teachers there and know that they are top flight in their areas of expertise and extremely devoted to their students. While BGA is not a school that caters to students with severe learning disabilities, I know for a fact that they work personally with students who struggle and do all that they can to foster success in every student.

Battle Ground Academy 2

Posted May 23, 2011
They discriminate against children with learning disabilities. My child has ADHD and they have refused to work with him to achieve a greater learning experience. If your child isn t perfectly well-mannered, the faculty pinpoints them as being a problem child, then the grace goes completely out the window. I m very disappointed. We initially went there thinking it was better for our child since he has ADHD to be in a smaller classroom, and are now seriously regretting it. The experience has damaged his confidence and motivation to try harder. We re hoping Grassland can fix what BGA broke .

Posted May 22, 2011
My child has absolutely loved the Lower School. The teachers are wonderful, the atmosphere is loving and nurturing, and the Lower School Head is awesome! My child was never this challenged at Oak Hill.

Battle Ground Academy 1

Posted August 16, 2010
The middle school performed far below our expectations. BGA needs some serious revamping. Poor leadership, average teachers, bratty kids...Trust me, your money would be better spent elsewhere!

Battle Ground Academy 4