K-12|Private

Bad
Good

I have two children at Battle Ground Academy. My sons are in 1st and 6th grade. This school goes above and beyond every expectation I could have of a private institution. The teaching staff is exemplary. The moral standards and expectations of the students are maintained at a very high level. They learn so much, while at the same time developing the full well-rounded student. This school feels like family and is an amazing community of parents and students.

BGA has come a long way in the past 5 years. New leadership, fresh curriculum, and an influx of quality students has made BGA an excellent school. I would put the education my son is getting up against the best schools in the country any day of the week - and I have taught in some amazing schools. Thanks to the character education, The BGA Way, and positive peer influence, I have seen my son grow into a strong and empathetic young man. I can't recommend BGA highly enough.

Develops character: Strongly agree

BGA begins molding students of good character from day one, with The BGA Way. There is a culture of empathy, good manners, and civic mindedness that permeates the school. The Honor Code is taken very seriously.

My wife sign a contract to send my kids to the school. I was not sure if I wanted my kids to attend. My wife sent the contract in without my signature. I knew both signature were required as it says it on the agreement. I received a letter few weeks later from the school telling me the contacts were incomplete. It was apparent after receiving the letter that we did not have a binding contract. So, I didn't think any more about it and sent my kids to other schools. To my surprise the school will try to enforce (legally) the incomplete contracts. The schools contract "requires" both parents signatures. Which means a lack of both is not binding. But the school will try to enforce the contract without both. This is misleading and a trap. It is not a parents responsibility but the school to ensure its contracts are complete. An incomplete contract does not hind the school to reserve a spot for a student, nor does it obligate a parent to pay tuition if their child doesn't attend. To new and present parents, be cautious before signing. I find this to be a lack of integrity on the part of the school.

Battle Ground Academy high school seems to be stuck in 1978. Teachers use antiquated methods of teaching. Home work requirements are unreasonable (amount of time and some lack of meaningfulness). Current administration of the high school is militant and unyielding. The school prides itself on their honor code but it is widely ignored. The school seems more concerned with turning out "cookie cutter" students and less concerned with helping each child achieve their own individual successes...not much room for individuality. Not worth the tuition.

Battle Ground Academy was once a great school that actually focused on "honing" any student's given abilities in the right direction. The soul of the school was literally ripped away when they built the new campus and B.G.A. became a status symbol instead of an intellectual symbol. For the tuition that they are charging now, you might as well send your kid(s) to M.B.A. or H.H. so that they can get a real education for the real world which isn't limited to the bubble of ignorance and arrogance that is Williamson County.

I love BGA and cannot say enough wonderful things about the school. Our son absolutely loves going to school. The curriculum is challenging, yet age-appropriate. The teachers nurture the students, while holding them to high expectations. Our son has grown in so many ways, thanks to BGA. He is confident, thoughtful, hard-working, courteous, and strong academically. BGA is not close to our home but is worth the drive. I consider it to be one of the top independent schools in the Nashville area and heads above public schools. It is quite a financial commitment, but a decision that was easy to make. Go BGA!

We love BGA , my son went to poplar grove and we transferred in the 6th grade because it was time for a change . My son struggles with severe ADHD and BGA has been amazing in working with him . He is a highly gifted student and has thrived and loved school. Its worth every single penny for your child to say they love school daily. I think what people need to remember when choosing a school for their child , its not about finding the best school its about finding the best school that fits your child's needs , personality , abilities and likes . Thats why there are so many choices .

This is an excellent school. It is expensive but the results are well worth it.

I have been in the teaching profession for years and have several children myself who have been in both public and private schools. My child who attended BGA was extremely well prepared for college, and just as important, learned to value tradition, experienced genuine caring on both the academic and personal level, and had the opportunity to truly participate and fully enjoy the high school experience. She was always happy there and feels that the sense of community she feels will stay with her forever. Speaking as a teacher, I feel that the education was rigorous and challenging. I know many of the teachers there and know that they are top flight in their areas of expertise and extremely devoted to their students. While BGA is not a school that caters to students with severe learning disabilities, I know for a fact that they work personally with students who struggle and do all that they can to foster success in every student.

Last modified Battle Ground Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12