Bad
Good

My daughter loves this school. We chose to move into the Poplar Grove school zone because Poplar Grove offers honors courses that aren't offered at other schools. With regards to the comments about bullying, Poplar Grove is much better than most at dealing with these problems, but it is not immune to the typical teenage drama that occurs at all schools. School is not a substitute for good parenting, and I'm a firm believer that bullying starts at home. For the most part, you don't find bullies in the honors classes.

this is a bad school when my son got bullied nobody did nothing to anyone and when we complained to the principals they just said you can raise a son not my problem this is a segregation school and unfair. The teachers don't do anything even when a fight breaks out when two kids got into a fight they kicked out one kid that was innocent he was beaten and did nothing he did the right thing and they kicked him out. What type of school does this

This is my experience as a parent int this school for 3 years now: The school has the potential to be good if had a better leadership, mainly principal and assistant principal: - Ruling by the gossip; - Lack of respect to anyone but themselves; - Lack of desire to being progressive; - Presenting barriers to people they decide to discriminate in a very obvious manner; If the parent disagrees it becomes a very painful experience to do anything in this school especially if your child is gifted for example, but lacks inherent sense of organization; - Lack of vision on all fronts; - Punishing no encouraging is the main principle of educating; - Your child will be destroyed if they don't like the parent; - Discrimination is very highly tolerated and exercised by administration and faculty equally;

My son had a problem with bullying and the staff could not help. We transferred out.

i have gone to this school all my life, since kinder garden. Now i am graduating from eighth grade. It's been the best school ever!

I have gone to this school since it opened and I was in first grade. Now I'm entering eighth grade and have had a great time at this school. I have learned a lot and made a lot of amazing friends. It's been a superb expirience for me and my family. We love the school and would recommend it to anyone.

Last modified Poplar Grove 5-8 is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.