Posted October 03, 2009
Great teachers, administration, and subs. Great kids. There is always smiling kids wherever you go. I also love their after school PAAW program. They are also very attentitive to the different learning needs of the children. I always feel at home in the hallways.

Winstead Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2009
My child has been at Winstead since Kindergarten. I do believe it is a good school and overall pleased with it. One area it is lacking is diversity - not just racial diverity but diversity of how they define families. One parent, two parents, grandparents???? etc. I have several situations where the closed mindness of employees (events, assignments etc) have impacted my child. Like anywhere it can be clique-ish. You, as a parent, really have to make an effort to get involved. Sign up to be room parent, etc. There is more 'quiet bullying' that goes on than I think the schools realizes. All this said.... I myself am in the education field (higher education) and I do think my child is getting an excellent education.

Posted August 24, 2009
Outstanding! I have two children at Winstead and we are in our 5th year there. We moved within our neighborhood to stay at Winstead, it is very much a family oriented school. Parent invovement is outstanding, teachers are impeccable and always exceed expectations. The principal, Mrs. Kinder is fabulous! She sets an wonderful example that trickles all the way down through the school! Winstead has made a name for itself among WCS and risen way above very quickly!

Posted September 06, 2008
My daughter has been at Winstead since Kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. We absolutely love Winstead. The teachers are excellent and propel the kids to scholastic excellence. The staff, principal and aids are also wonderful. Parent involvement, I will agree, is outstanding. Though it's a public school, Winstead has been nicknamed 'Franklin's Private School' because of the high standards and wonderful atmosphere.

Winstead Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted February 04, 2008
This school need more training in handling children with special needs, autism, in general.

Posted November 27, 2007
An elementary school reminiscent of those 40 to 50 years ago....safe, clean, friendly, with a laser focus on the meat of education, where teachers are in charge, and administrators understand that their role is one of service to the teachers. Everyone is polite, courteous, and very responsive to parents. The most organized elementary school I have ever seen...

Posted April 20, 2007
Love the school, atmosphere and staff. Parent involvement is outstanding!

Posted May 07, 2006
Outstanding school. Great parent involvement and a wonderful learning environment for the kids.

Winstead Elementary School
4080 Columbia Pk, Franklin, TN  37064
Last modified Winstead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winstead Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top