Ungraded
Franklin, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted September 18, 2013
As a highly satisfied parent of a child attending the Montessori School of Franklin for the last four years, I can tell you that my child has thrived in Ms. Patti's room and in the elementary classroom. My child has grown in self confidence, academic knowledge and life skills far beyond friends in other schools. I can honestly say that no one's perfect, but any issue I have had has been addressed promptly and I have worked with the staff to make sure I am doing my part to give my child and the school my support to ensure both are successful. There is tremendous caring at MSF for every student at every level. Ms. Bunmi is fantastic and so is Ms. Patty and Ms. Ramona and all the other teachers. People often ask me "Is your child gifted? He is so smart." My answer, "He's wonderfully gifted to be part of MSF. MSF is enabling him to reach his full potential." Thank you MSF for all you do for all of the students and for the great information you share to help the parents support our children to reach their full potential as well. A special thanks to Ms. Patty who works tirelessly as the Executive Director to make MSF a great school.

Posted September 17, 2013
We love MSF! So impressed with the level of learning and the loving atmosphere that Ms. Patti works to create for her students.

Posted September 17, 2013
I am writing to recommend the Montessori School of Franklin. My child thrived there! During his three primary years with Ms. Patti and Ms. Shaun, we watched him grow in confidence. He learned valuable life skills, and develop a love for learning. By the third year, he was reading from the fifth collection of Bob Books with ease. He was able to phonetically write mini-chapter books with illustrations. He knew how to solve a page of math problems, using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. He gained an understanding of the Decimal System and was able to read 4 digit numbers. The Montessori science and cultural curriculum was impressive too; and Ms. Patti was good at keeping the kids excited and engaged with cultural celebrations. I loved the fact that my son learned to manage time and read a clock, as well as keep his own calendar. He graduated with a love of knowledge, increased self-esteem and the ability to communicate with respect to peers and adults. I guess I can sum it up by saying that if I ever have another child, he will definitely get the same opportunity at Montessori School of Franklin as my last. Our family had a wonderful experience there.

Posted September 14, 2013
We absolutely love Ms. Patty and Ms. Shaun and the whole MSF staff. This our 2nd year in Ms. Patty's Class. My child has learned so much since attending. All the staff is highly educated and have the proper training to ensure that each child is successful. We visited several schools before choosing MSF and it was by far the BEST choice. We are having no regrets about our decision. Last year was our first experience with the Montessori model and it is amazing. We would recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to successful. The best director! The best staff! and The Best Students!!!!

Posted September 13, 2013
This school strikes a balance between genuine care/concern/nurturing and high academic excellence. My eldest daughter has been at the school for three years and is in Kindergarten now. She is reading at above a 2nd grade level, knows her numbers into the thousands with ease, can count to 30 in Spanish as well as other vocabulary and phrases, knows her planets, continents, and frankly is better at geography than me! Most of all, she LOVES to go to school! My youngest daughter just began in the Toddler program. We had tried two other schools before this program opened and due to separation anxiety she cried everyday at drop off even though the programs were excellent. The first day in Ms Melanie's class she had a bit of a sad look but went without complaint. Everyday since we've left her with a smile and a hug, usually taking work off the shelf before we're even out of the room. She is becoming very independent and secure with herself and doing many daily tasks, such as putting her shoes on, pouring water (with supervision), and more on her own at just barely 2 years. Her favorite phrase is, "I do it myself!" We LOVE this school and all of the teachers in it!

Posted September 13, 2013
My 4 and a half year old daughter and my 3 year old son go to Montessori School of Franklin. My daughter is in Ms Bunmi's class, and my son in Ms Christy's. Ms Christy has recently arrived at MSF and is a wonderful teacher. My son LOVES her. He used to cry when I left him, but Ms Christy is so gentle and warm, and creates such a comfortable and peaceful environment in her classroom that he soon was skipping his way to the classroom and waving me off at the door with a big smile. He learns age appropriate life skills (he loves chopping fruit, making juice, pouring, gardening!), as well as introduction to maths/counting and reading/ writing. All of this in fun ways! Ms Christy lets each child be their own person, while patiently, gently steering them to grow to their full potential.

Posted September 12, 2013
Montessori School of Franklin is a wonderful school with so much to offer each and every child. The staff is comprised of caring, compassionate, and gifted Montessori Educators who put your individual child's needs above all else. We have been amazed to watch our children grow and flourish in this environment! It is truly unique and wonderful. There are many happy parents in all of the classrooms (I am one of them!). I would recommend it to anyone I know.

Montessori School Of Franklin 1

Posted July 09, 2013
Don't bother with MSF unless you can get your child into Miss Bunmi's room or have a child in elementary. The other classrooms are subpar and won't prepare your child for the next step of their education and by this I mean Kindergarten/ first grade, which is just sad. Unfortunately, I'm speaking from experience. The worst part is that this school is being run by a Board of Directors that consists of a bunch of moms who thinks that they can adequately run a school between spin classes and family vacations, and an education director with only a high school degree and her Montessori certification. Don't be fooled - it's not working for the benefit of the teachers or THE STUDENTS even tho that's really who a school is supposed to be for.

Posted October 21, 2012
I'll keep it short... Ms. Bumni is THE reason why my daughter goes to this school. We love her.

Posted October 17, 2012
I have been involved with Montessori education for my children for more than 6 years and in many states. This is hands down the best program my child has been in. Who can beat having the Best Teacher in Nashville (see Nashville Scene magazine). It is filled with love and compassion. I never worry about my child's safety or education when I drop her off. As an old review suggested, I did "my research". I love the parents and the staff. Since beginning with Ms. Bunmi, my daughter reads with ease. She sounds out words with phonetic skills I haven't seen in many 4 year olds. She knows her planets, lifecycles, multiplies and divides. Im excited to see what else she will learn before Kindergarten. I am so glad that someone recognized her amazing abilities and developed her in so many ways. Everyone should "do their research". They will find that those who disparage this program are actually at other flailing programs in the area. They just can't match the quality of this program without trying to tear it down. It is an amazing school with staff that care about my child as if she was their own. Dont be surprised if your child never wants to leave school!!!

Montessori School Of Franklin