K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Franklin Classical School 5

Posted July 19, 2016
FCS is an incredible school that produces well rounded leaders. The way the faculty care about the school full time is extremely rare. They not only teach the students, but pray for them outside of class, offer to meet with them, and mentor them. Mrs. Mahand in particular is one of the most selfless people I have ever met. Her students can call her at any time of night and whether academically or spiritually related she will be there for them. She also continues to meet alumni for coffee years after graduation because they love her and she loves them! This school produces amazing character and strong relationships.

Franklin Classical School 5

Posted October 01, 2015
This is my 5th year at FCS, and despite changes in teachers and grades, I have consistently found comfort and family here. The teachers are my friends, and the students are too. Though (obviously) there are different types of personalities and different people like to hang out with each other, I have never ever seen anyone excluded from anyone else's company, something very hard to find. The teachers have challenged me to do better and better when things were easy, and have raised the bar for me every time I slack. Despite this, I have seen them help and encourage failing students and ones having difficulty. I have truly found a family at this school. We are always open to discuss any topic, I have found the teaching consistent, and the principles firm. This is an amazing school, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good, challenging school that teaches foundational Christian principle and Biblical lifestyle. I would remind students with a history of reckless inconsideration to remember that we take discipline seriously here, and students struggling in school that the work here is not just everyday work... it is as difficult and multitudinous as some colleges.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 01, 2015
Mrs. Clark, I just want to thank you for all the help and support you have given me throughout the years. I am always overambitious and h to review my proposed plan. Thank you for teaching interesting topics and helping me through tough times.You are a friend and a mentor.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 01, 2015
I agree with and enjoy the teaching and Discipline here at FCS. Lectures are always interesting and engaging, and details are given you would never think to think about. Crazy, right?

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted October 01, 2015
I personally agree with the amount of homework given at this school. However, i think that for some students, the homework can be a little much, and for a few, overwhelming.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted October 01, 2015
Hard work is the only way to make it through at FCS. Slackers fall behind and eventually fail.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
Disrespect carries immediate consequences from teachers, from oral reprimands to Daily Grade deductions. Continued infractions result in disciplinary action from the Principal and Academic Dean.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
The teachers and faculty, as well as the students, are kind and encouraging. The atmosphere of the school is caring.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
Beauty, Goodness, and Truth are our core values. Our honor code specifies clear guidelines toward how we respect others and deviations from the honor code are disciplined.

Franklin Classical School 4

Posted March 30, 2015
I have attended FCS for three years now. (6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Now) I would have to say that there is no place that I think could be better for me during middle school. FCS is also one of the most spiritual school I have seen. The students are amazing throughout K-12 and you're friends with everyone. (Even seniors) We have a saying at FCS which is "Ruined". The meaning behind this is that by coming here to FCS you will be ruined to the rest of the world. You will be different. You will stand out and make a difference. I am now able to freely interact in religious/ spiritual/ ethical/ moral conversations easily while also being able to defend my beliefs and what I believe in. I don't believe there is a better education for middle school than at FCS, humanities as well as physical studies wise. That's a bit of a different story with the high school though. (Edu. Wise/ Can be fixed) The teachers are absolutely amazing (Most of them being alumni) They will spend as much time as it takes to help you, and you really do have a true personal relationship with all them. I only real problem about FCS is that they are a little lax on their discipline but that can defiantly be fixed.

3835 Carothers Pkwy, Franklin, TN  37069
Last modified Franklin Classical School is a Private school that serves grades K-12