K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

FCS is an incredible school that produces well rounded leaders. The way the faculty care about the school full time is extremely rare. They not only teach the students, but pray for them outside of class, offer to meet with them, and mentor them. Mrs. Mahand in particular is one of the most selfless people I have ever met. Her students can call her at any time of night and whether academically or spiritually related she will be there for them. She also continues to meet alumni for coffee years after graduation because they love her and she loves them! This school produces amazing character and strong relationships.

This is my 5th year at FCS, and despite changes in teachers and grades, I have consistently found comfort and family here. The teachers are my friends, and the students are too. Though (obviously) there are different types of personalities and different people like to hang out with each other, I have never ever seen anyone excluded from anyone else's company, something very hard to find. The teachers have challenged me to do better and better when things were easy, and have raised the bar for me every time I slack. Despite this, I have seen them help and encourage failing students and ones having difficulty. I have truly found a family at this school. We are always open to discuss any topic, I have found the teaching consistent, and the principles firm. This is an amazing school, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good, challenging school that teaches foundational Christian principle and Biblical lifestyle. I would remind students with a history of reckless inconsideration to remember that we take discipline seriously here, and students struggling in school that the work here is not just everyday work... it is as difficult and multitudinous as some colleges.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I agree with and enjoy the teaching and Discipline here at FCS. Lectures are always interesting and engaging, and details are given you would never think to think about. Crazy, right?

Amount of homework: no rating

I personally agree with the amount of homework given at this school. However, i think that for some students, the homework can be a little much, and for a few, overwhelming.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Beauty, Goodness, and Truth are our core values. Our honor code specifies clear guidelines toward how we respect others and deviations from the honor code are disciplined.

I have attended FCS for three years now. (6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Now) I would have to say that there is no place that I think could be better for me during middle school. FCS is also one of the most spiritual school I have seen. The students are amazing throughout K-12 and you're friends with everyone. (Even seniors) We have a saying at FCS which is "Ruined". The meaning behind this is that by coming here to FCS you will be ruined to the rest of the world. You will be different. You will stand out and make a difference. I am now able to freely interact in religious/ spiritual/ ethical/ moral conversations easily while also being able to defend my beliefs and what I believe in. I don't believe there is a better education for middle school than at FCS, humanities as well as physical studies wise. That's a bit of a different story with the high school though. (Edu. Wise/ Can be fixed) The teachers are absolutely amazing (Most of them being alumni) They will spend as much time as it takes to help you, and you really do have a true personal relationship with all them. I only real problem about FCS is that they are a little lax on their discipline but that can defiantly be fixed.

Most teachers are very good. All classrooms from K-12 are in one small hallway. High schoolers are more mature and despite being a "Christian School", some can say and do things that may be inappropriate for elementary aged students to see and hear. On the other hand, it can be very positive for elementary aged students and middle school and high school students without disciplinary problems to interact. Security is fairly lax, on more than a few occasions I had to wander down the hallway past all the classrooms looking for assistance during school hours. Discipline tends to be inconsistent. One year ago, over 10% of student body was either expelled or suspended.) High school has limited course selection, parents must supplement with other homeschool classes/co-ops, or dual enrollment in the local community college. It is essentially a very expensive homeschool cooperative. The school is not full time nor accredited which can be an issue for students (especially high school) requiring scholarships that either do not have a high GPA or do not test well on standardized tests. School calendar tends to shift around so it is difficult to plan family events. Inconsistent communication

I am very pleased with this school. The teachers are very caring and my children (1st and 3rd grade) are challenged and nurtured. It is a great feeling when I can leave the school knowing my children are in the best hands.

Last modified Franklin Classical School is a Private school that serves grades K-12