Gadsden, TN

Gadsden Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2014
First of all, the previous reviews are old as Mrs. Woodson has been gone from this school for over 6 years. Secondly, anyone who thinks Gadsden Elementary is like a private school has never been to a private school. This school caters to children whose parents are prominent in the community. The thing is, I do think it is a good choice for elementary students only because of experienced teachers especially lower elementary (k-3). The rules limit children's physical exercise as punishment. If ever a problem, principal is unhelpful at best. Secretary cannot answer questions. Parents are not wanted in the classroom (which is the case in private school). Parents are not enourged to attend parent teacher onferences if their child is doing well. Although parents like to hear good reports as well as bad! This is a small school, however my child's class had nearly 30 kids. There is one class per grade for all grades except one. This school would do well to embrace physical activity for problem chldren and offer activity breaks, let them in laps, ect. Finally, children must be picked up at 2:50. No after school for working families whose children not falling behind. And no daycare in town

Gadsden Elementary School 5

Posted November 08, 2006
Gadsden Elementary is like a private school but without the fees. I have never been in a school where every teacher and staff member was concerned about each student. There are no 'clicks' or groups, they are one. The children are taught respect, manners, and not to mention have high test scores. I could not imagine if my child went to another school. She is an A Honor Roll student and always seems to have all the information that she needs when it comes to test time. Couldn't ask for a better place for our children. I have been the President of the PTO for going on two years and we have great parent involement not to mention when the school has special programs, you wouldn't belive the turnout. At Gadsden Elementary it is like one big happy family. Keep up the good work!!

Gadsden Elementary School 5

Posted June 27, 2005
Gadsden Elementary is the best school in our area. My daughter has thrived there in the past 3 years and has two more to go before junior high. She is an A/B student, mostly A's. Ms Bitsy Woodsen is the best principal I have ever known.I have been a part of the PTO for the past two years and we work as a group and believe that it takes a village to raise a child. That is what Gadsden Elementary is: A Village. They teach our children core cirriculum,but they also teach them respect. Some people say it's not the school's responsibility to train our children,I say it's somebody's;and they are stepping up !!

Gadsden Elementary School
18989 Highway 76, Gadsden, TN  38337
Last modified Gadsden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gadsden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top