Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The people in the office are not helpful at all. Anytime you would go in there before they added the new reception office, they would sit there even after you asked for help. I went to get my daughter from school for various appointments, and was ignored. I ended up just texting my daughter and telling her to come to the office. If you have a child that is not into sports, you are chopped liver to them. Even my daughter had trouble with them. Also, bullying is really bad. She was the new kid her freshman year. She loved school. When we started there, she would cry for me to come pick her up early or to not go to school. She got very depressed and I finally pulled her from the school and home schooled. I now have a senior that loves school again. I hate she had such a bad experience. I hope this helps other parents whom are concerned about their child's welfare and education.

I am writting in response to the December 6, 2013 review. If I can help you in any way, feel free to come bye the athletic training room. I will make sure you get connected to everyone that can listen and help your situation. Tell us your needs? If not me, see our STARS counselor. I have been at Gallatin HS for 7+ years as an athletic trainer and have taught health science education courses previously. Gallatin it is a GREAT school. I have previously worked at two universities were I was an instructor and athletic trainer. I am continually impressed with our administration, teachers, coaches and support staff as a whole. There are more academic programs and honors courses at GHS than any school in the county. Athletics is first class. I consider myself a proud member of the Green Wave and school spirit is unparalleled. Conquer and Prevail... GHS, all hail!

Overall the staff is on a power trip and does not try to help you. I enjoyed my teachers very much but the rest of the staff was awful. They argued with me about accepting my doctor's note when I was out sick a couple of times. I gave it to them on time and had my doctor write it out so I don't see what the problem was. Also, I don't have my parents here in Tennessee. I am taking care of my self. I was always a good student on top of that. One day I found out I was getting evicted and found out all my college saving were stolen from me. During the break between class I stepped outside the school building and called my apartment complex to see if there was anything I could do and the staff took my cell phone, and suspended me for THREE days because of it. Like I said they do not want to help you at all. The last reason why I completely despise this school, is because today I called and asked if I could go around during lunch time and take donations for my mother who was mugged last night. She lost all her money and has four kids (one with autism) to take care of. They were VERY rude to me about it. I would recommend Hendersonville High School, Station Camp, or Beech for your child.

I am not a graduate of Gallatin High School but I can say that my son is getting a better education than I did while I was at a higher-affluent school. I would not have him anywhere else since I want him to experience what society is really like: (1) a true mix of races and ethnicities - how do you truly learn to get along with others if you are never exposed to people who are different, yet equal? You don't.; (2) a true mix of socio-economic backgrounds - how can my son appreciate what he has if he's never exposed to people with real financial hardships? I want him to "pay it forward" one day, not try to constantly outspend affluent peers on designer clothing and such; (3) GHS has more Advanced Placement courses than any other Sumner School. It is NOT "ghetto" as ignorant people would have you believe. Instead of complaining about the school, support Dr. Becker and others in improving it to "the way it used to be". Speaking of the 1980's versus today: Gallatin High's graduation rate is higher in 2012 than it was in the 1980's, contrary to uninformed opinion. Dr. Becker is a good man and leader and has surrounded himself with many great teachers. Go Green Wave!

I couldn't disagree more!!! We moved to Gallatin before our son started High School and when we came from another jurisdiction and came here, our kids were lost. It didn't take long for our kids to get up to speed on what they were lacking and they are all A & B students and in advanced classes to boot. I agree about the sports, more emphasis there than other things but athletes build active children as far as the leaders in the athletics, I have a few faves but over all the school is FANTASTIC!!! To m e, it isn't always up to the teacher or principal to encourage involvement, they are our children, our responsibility, WE ARE THE PARENTS, it is our job to get involved!!!

This used to be a great school. Graduated from there in the 80's. Sent two kids there. Wouldn't send a third so we moved out of the zone just to get away from the school. Approach to education has went downhill fast since the departure of Mr. Bills. Current principal does not encourage a relationship between teacher and parents or principal and parents. Getting information or help for your child is like pulling teeth. Sports programs especially football and cheerleading do not encourage character building and both are in dire need of new leadership that will focus on discipline and building positive role models. It's a shame to see my high school in such a state.

The teachers are outstanding. Administration is wonderful. The student body is just like any other student body. There are some really good students, along with some mischeiveous students. I was a 1993 graduate of GHS. I have been back for 3 years and it is outstganding. We are a leader in technology throughout the Sumner County School System. Our School Will always be a Clean and Welcoming Building. The Athletic Facilities above and beyond any High School in the State. As a matter of fact, most colleges lack the facilities at GHS. We have a fulltime Athletic Trainer on Staff who provides treatment, rehabilitation to all GHS athletes. Academically the school is very strong. We have a Staff who works with students in all aspects of their academia. Tutoring is in the mornings through remediation with a chance for credit recovery during morning and summer sessions as well. GHS is the only school in the county to offer The Freshman Academy, where the freshmen are introduced with a year long transition to the life as a High School Student. GO GREENWAVE!

I absolutely love this school! I was there my freshmen year and half my sophmore year then I just recently had to move. I still come down there alot to see my old friends. Keep up the good work GHS! your still my favorite school :)

This school is a special place. I am a first year licensed type II Alternative teacher in the math department at GHS. I once took pride only in my athletic ability and now as I serve the community of Sumner County I am proud to have a roll in the academic developement of these young people here. Our new principal, Ron Becker, is doing a fantastic job in his efforts to focus the school on academics and not so much on athletics like I've heard it was in the past. Great schools website gives GHS a 5/10 score based on performances on standardized testing. With taking into account the schools issues in the past of perhaps new schools opening up and taking many high achievers with them and very poor zoning of the schools here, greatschools.com has mis-interpreted the acheivment here at GHS.

I believe Gallatin High School is a great school. Mr.Lassiter is a good principal. The extracurricular programs are amazing though. I'm very involved in the musical department there. And, I'm a cheerleader. The spirit of this school is awesome. So many have the Green Wave Pride everyone is so jazzed up about. The town is also very involved with the school. Especially at the parades and games. I love this school. Roll Wave Roll!

Last modified Gallatin Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.