Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 24, 2016
The amount of homework has helped her, and brought the whole family together at night.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
My daughter is finally where she is supposed to be. She started off not wanting to go to school. But the staff worked hard to get her in all the programs she needed to be in to succeed. Since we changed districts, my daughter is finally happy, learning better, and takes pride in herself!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
The principal of the school is an amazing woman! She does everything in her power, to make sure a student is where they are supposed to be, learning and on track. She always makes sure her door is always open if you have any questions or concerns.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Thank you Miss Roberts! You are truly a rare find!! My daughter will never forget you! You have had such an impact on her life, she now wants to be a teacher when she grows up! I know dealing with twenty some odd students can be exhausting at times, but we are SO greatfull for you! If it wasn't for you, & your kindness, my daughter wouldn't feel as successful as she does now. She went from never wanting to go to school, to now when she is sick, she tries to pretend she's not, because she doesn't want to miss school!!! You've had such a positive impact on her, I know for a fact, she will never forget you!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 24, 2016
Miss Roberts, is thee best teacher we have seen in a LONG time! I know she's new to this, (first year), but she is wonderful!!! We're kind of sad to loose her, but also excited to see who will be our 4th grade teacher next year!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
My daughter was experiencing some boys being mean to her, and making fun of her clothes. Her teacher, (Miss Roberts) not only handled the situation, but the words she spoke to my daughter, she will never forget. She told her, "there is nothing wrong with your clothes or who you are! You should never change who you are for a boy! You stay true to yourself, and never let them destroy your spirit".

Howard Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
this very well might be a awesome school based upon academics but at the same time I do not agree with the way the parents are handled once inside the school with their child.if I hate want to walk my child to his classroom without disrupting the class till the parrot I have every right to do so.

Howard Elementary School 5

Posted May 07, 2012
This is a great school. I send my children here because they learn from the time the bell rings in the morning until they go home in the afternoon. Discipline is enforced school-wide, and I would match the teachers I've interacted with against any in the county! Go Hoot Owls!

Howard Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2011
Howard Elementary is a great school! The principal is strict, but personal and caring at the same time. The staff there is amazing and the teachers really care about the students. My son went there for 1st grade after leaving another school I was much less than impressed with (which was suppose to be one of the best). We just moved so I am sad to say he willnot be attending Howard next year. I would recommend the school to others! Teaching is a lifestyle to the faculty, not just a job, and that is what makes it great! A ++ Howard The only two things I did not like as much is there is not a lot of parent involvement and the lunch period is pretty strict. I feel the kids should be able to talk to each other during lunch and for the first ten minutes they are not allowed. Otherwise it is wonderful!

Howard Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2011
This school is over all ok. Not the best thing in the world. The lunch ladies WILL harrass you with phone calls if your child is running low on lunch money. Not only do they call the parents they call the emergency contacts. When you show up with the money they give attitude and act like your a terrible person because you took a couple hours post the phone call to take the money to the school. I understand about calling the parents about a small matter like lunch money but calling my daughters emergency contacts aswell is completely uncalled for.

805 Long Hollow Pike, Gallatin, TN  37066
Last modified Howard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.