Howard Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
this very well might be a awesome school based upon academics but at the same time I do not agree with the way the parents are handled once inside the school with their child.if I hate want to walk my child to his classroom without disrupting the class till the parrot I have every right to do so.

Posted May 07, 2012
This is a great school. I send my children here because they learn from the time the bell rings in the morning until they go home in the afternoon. Discipline is enforced school-wide, and I would match the teachers I've interacted with against any in the county! Go Hoot Owls!

Howard Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2011
Howard Elementary is a great school! The principal is strict, but personal and caring at the same time. The staff there is amazing and the teachers really care about the students. My son went there for 1st grade after leaving another school I was much less than impressed with (which was suppose to be one of the best). We just moved so I am sad to say he willnot be attending Howard next year. I would recommend the school to others! Teaching is a lifestyle to the faculty, not just a job, and that is what makes it great! A ++ Howard The only two things I did not like as much is there is not a lot of parent involvement and the lunch period is pretty strict. I feel the kids should be able to talk to each other during lunch and for the first ten minutes they are not allowed. Otherwise it is wonderful!

Howard Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2011
This school is over all ok. Not the best thing in the world. The lunch ladies WILL harrass you with phone calls if your child is running low on lunch money. Not only do they call the parents they call the emergency contacts. When you show up with the money they give attitude and act like your a terrible person because you took a couple hours post the phone call to take the money to the school. I understand about calling the parents about a small matter like lunch money but calling my daughters emergency contacts aswell is completely uncalled for.

Posted July 28, 2010
I have really enjoyed the teachers and activities my children have been involved in while going to Howard.

Posted May 20, 2010
You will not find a principal that cares more about her students making it than Mrs Swafford. She is a great pricipal and person over all. The teachers at Howard are also wonderful, my son has been there for 4 years and its been great!!!

Posted May 15, 2010
My 1st grader has severe ADHD. He transfered to Howard around the end of his kindergarden school year. His old school neglected him, labeled him, and made him feel less then his school mates. Howard school staff took the time to find out how to teach him and motivate him and he has made the most amazing turn around. They have given him a chance for a normal life. The staff there is amazing and make me feel welcome anytime I walk in the door. They care about their students and their family. Several months ago they found out my electricty got turned off and got together and helped me pay my bill and did not make me feel like a failure because I'm a single mom and having financial issues. They truely care about the kids

Posted May 13, 2010
This is my daughter's first year at Howard. It's also the first year, EVER, that's she's been on the honor roll. I am so grateful for the teachers and staff at Howard Elementary. You boosted my little girls confidence!

Posted May 10, 2010
My son moved to this school in the start of his third grade year, because he could recieve more help with his learning disability. I was apprehensive about changing schools, Would he fit in? Would his problems become greater? and such. I am proud of where he is now as he completes his fith grade year and moves on to middle school. I am so impressed with the quality of teachers that he has had at Howard and how patient they have been to see his potential over the negative characteristics. Mr. Ipp is the greatest special ED teacher. The principal is so great, my first impression was that she was very stern. Mrs. Swafford is exactly what my son needed and me also. She cares about the students and knows most of them if not all of them by name and she has been patient with me as I have learned to be a first time parent of each grade we have passed. I would recommend this elementary school to anyone but especially to parents of a child struggling with a learning disability.

Posted May 06, 2010
The principle is wonderful, she goes out of her way to talk to the children and get to know the parents. The teachers are wonderful, it is a very homey school. During a local bank robbery, the school was put on lock down with the teachers taking wonderful care of the students. We were kept well informed of what was going on and I felt incredibly blessed to have my children so safely protected.

Howard Elementary School
805 Long Hollow Pk, Gallatin, TN  37066
Last modified Howard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top