Bad
Good

We recently moved to the area and the school and staff have made the transition a wonderful experience! We have met a lot of families that are involved in the school, from pto to parents volunteering in the classroom. The technology/computer lab is very impressive and we love my daughter's teacher! So glad we found Howard!

This school and the staff, has been amazing! Miss Roberts (3rd grade) has been a godsend for our family! The first time I walked into the office, I was sincerely greeted, by the woman who works the front desk, she is such a sweetheart! Our child, came from another district, and was way behind. Not to mention, I've been in the hospital, due to health issues. The staff of Howard, and her teacher, Miss Roberts, did their best to help my daughter with what she was lacking in education, & her self esteem! They helped tutor her, get her involved with after school classes. My daughter went from not wanting to go to school, & sad all of the time, to now she holds her head up high, & is finally proud of herself!! Never in my whole time of teaching (yes, I used to teach) have I ever seen such an amazing group of people, who will help, and fight for the kids in their school. This is not a Elementary school, this is like a family, a kind of community where they display their love into action with the children. Anyone can teach, but it takes someone special to make a everlasting impact on a child's future. -McKenna Duke

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework has helped her, and brought the whole family together at night.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Miss Roberts, is thee best teacher we have seen in a LONG time! I know she's new to this, (first year), but she is wonderful!!! We're kind of sad to loose her, but also excited to see who will be our 4th grade teacher next year!

this very well might be a awesome school based upon academics but at the same time I do not agree with the way the parents are handled once inside the school with their child.if I hate want to walk my child to his classroom without disrupting the class till the parrot I have every right to do so.

This is a great school. I send my children here because they learn from the time the bell rings in the morning until they go home in the afternoon. Discipline is enforced school-wide, and I would match the teachers I've interacted with against any in the county! Go Hoot Owls!

Howard Elementary is a great school! The principal is strict, but personal and caring at the same time. The staff there is amazing and the teachers really care about the students. My son went there for 1st grade after leaving another school I was much less than impressed with (which was suppose to be one of the best). We just moved so I am sad to say he willnot be attending Howard next year. I would recommend the school to others! Teaching is a lifestyle to the faculty, not just a job, and that is what makes it great! A ++ Howard The only two things I did not like as much is there is not a lot of parent involvement and the lunch period is pretty strict. I feel the kids should be able to talk to each other during lunch and for the first ten minutes they are not allowed. Otherwise it is wonderful!

This school is over all ok. Not the best thing in the world. The lunch ladies WILL harrass you with phone calls if your child is running low on lunch money. Not only do they call the parents they call the emergency contacts. When you show up with the money they give attitude and act like your a terrible person because you took a couple hours post the phone call to take the money to the school. I understand about calling the parents about a small matter like lunch money but calling my daughters emergency contacts aswell is completely uncalled for.

I have really enjoyed the teachers and activities my children have been involved in while going to Howard.

You will not find a principal that cares more about her students making it than Mrs Swafford. She is a great pricipal and person over all. The teachers at Howard are also wonderful, my son has been there for 4 years and its been great!!!

Last modified Howard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.