Gallatin, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted December 04, 2014
This is the WORST school ever. My child did amazing in elementary school, and id passing with all A's in High school. But in midlle school at Shafer he did horrible. He tried to ask for extra help from a teacher if was struggling but no help was recieved. I decided to confront one of his teachers myself. And her excuse was, "I cant spend extra time eith just one student." He has also informed me that numerous RATS have been spotted in the school. Just think about what must be in that school food. My son had to go to summer school after 7th grade because of his language teacher not giving him extra help, and his friend had the same problem and shiwed me an email where he got EXTRA points to pass. Think about if you want your child going to that school.

Posted April 07, 2014
This school is awesome. The teachers are all that you could hope for and we are very picky. Just starting middle school can be scary, our granddaughter could not be happier! Joe Shafer was truly the school for her!

Posted January 25, 2013
My child, as most teenagers do, was having issues with teen drama. The principal decided to address the issue by giving my child detention for (his exact words) "rolling her eyes at another student". The principal runs a very inefficient school and does not try to see the big picture to resolve issues. This is one of numerous issues that my child and I have encountered during the time there. So glad it is almost over and a new school next year.

Joe Shafer Middle School 4

Posted September 02, 2011
My daughter attended this school for 2 years. I found the staff to be very nice and helpful. She had a great experience there.

Posted August 20, 2011
This is my son's first year of middle school and I was quite apprehensive of the process, not the school. We are having an amazing experience. My son loves going, loves his teachers, and has finally started getting organized with their help. 4 of his six teachers are communicating very frequently through email and letting me know what is coming up in class. I love the structure and support the teachers are giving the students. The administration has a strong presence which is a relief as a parent. We love Shafer and can't imagine being anywhere else.

Posted August 17, 2011
They gave my child 4 minutes to walk from the back corner of the school to the opposite front corner. This was also her only time to go to her locker and use the restroom because her teacher would not let her. We talked to the principal and he was completely unsupportive. This school is horrible. My child spent 1 year there already and I am looking into moving her to a different school.

Posted April 09, 2010
I have heard for years that Shafer was a horrible school and to never let your child go there. When my oldest child went to Middle school I put her Rucker-Stewart. She struggled and really just hated going to school there. So at winter break I removed her and put her in Shafer. I should of put her there to begin with. She went from C's & D's to A's & B's. The teachers are awesome!!! The principals seem nice too. I will have all my children go to Shafer Middle proudly!! I would like to thank the staff for everything they do. signed by: Glad I Made the Switch Mom

Posted October 22, 2009
Amazing principals, and wonderful teachers. This school is the place to be in Gallatin.

Posted July 02, 2009
It was an excellent school.Everybody was great.I think that I will indeed send my son and or daughter there.I learned a great deal to know that my kids will get smart and succeed in life.I want to thank everyone that were my teachers who took time out of there day to help us kids.Also,I want to greatly thank guidance.Without one of them I would not have went through my problems in my middle school years.

Joe Shafer Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2008

Joe Shafer Middle School
240 Albert Gallatin Bl, Gallatin, TN  37066
Last modified Joe Shafer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joe Shafer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top