Station Camp High School

Public | 9-12 | 1412 students

Posted Tuesday, October 21, 2014

When I decided to move to the area, I asked my real estate agent at HALO Realty about the school. He said that he would highly recommend it as his children were students there. Great recommendation! It is everything that we wanted and more!

Posted July 1, 2013

My son attended this school after relocating here from Houston Texas. He was satisfied with the school, nothing to brag about. However, if your child is coming from outside the State or even from another school and are interested in Basketball. The coaches are extremely closed minded to new comers. I cant say that they are raciest but I will say that they are extremely rude and show no openess to those persons who are new to the school if even they are qualified to be on the team.

Posted December 10, 2009

A great school. Should receive better scores across the board. This school is under-rated I believe because, it is in essence, a new school and is attempting to establish an ingrained reputation. Take Hume-Fogg or Beech, or perhaps one of the local private schools able to establish a legacy through 'famous' graduates. This school has not had the 'time' to produce one. This is a very safe school and has great teachers. No school is perfect, not even a private school. We 'chose' to move to this area after visiting the school. Both my children will graduate from this large, new, nice and clean, very safe school with stellar programs. Sure the county needs to support the school better. Don't they all. Anyway this is as good as any of the two different $15000+ per student per year private school my children went to before we moved here.

Posted August 29, 2009

I am a senior at SCHS... and when I read the reviews it makes me happy... but the ones where they post things about my school being bad because maybe their student did or does not enjoy SCHS.... well Im here to tell all parents that SCHS is the top school in sumner county for anything... Music, Sports, art.... I have been here for 7 semesters and every waking moment spent at the school has been a blessing... I will say our choral department led by Mr. Collins is one of the top in the state... we have been invited to New York to sing, to record on Tv shows, also have received recording time in studios by famous artist... we compete in competitions and attend workshops.... the music department is one of the least funded areas in our school but.. Teachers are the best part of the school..josh pulley

Posted July 31, 2009

A great High school for acidemics and extracirricular activities. Wonderful staff led by Mr Crook Principle. Welcoming office staff. My son is a senior and sad to be leaving. My only complaint is more money should be allocated to the music depaartment. But that is up to the Sumner Co. School Board. I would like to also add this is a very safe school.

Posted July 12, 2009

My son will be a senior at Station Camp this fall. Going to this high school is the best thing that has ever happened to him. Mr. Crook, the principal, is a wonderful man who makes himself readily available to parents and students. My son has had wonderful teachers in all subject areas and his ACT scores bear witness to that. The athletic teams are all doing well and the coaches are all such caring, decent professionals. Station Camp is filled with great families and well-behaved students. It is great to be a part of the Bison family and we will miss this school tremendously when he graduates in 2010.

Posted December 16, 2008

i love this school especially the music education program I'm in band and chorus but the academics part is amazing too

Posted November 14, 2008

This school is amazing I mean seriously. Even the food is great. We kill all the other schools in sumner in just about everthing we do. sorry if you don't like the truth but we do. I hate school in gerenal but this one I don't mind.

Posted September 30, 2008

I have two students at Station Camp, both are carrying straight A's. All of the teachers have been encouraging and strive to help the students excel. If a student doesn't succeed at Station Camp it is because of the leadership they have at home and not the leadership at the school. The ladies in the ladies in the office are always helpful and pleasant when I enter. We have been completely happy with the experience we have had at Station Camp. I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted September 25, 2008

I love SCHS! i am currently a senior here and it is the best school i have been to! the people are very nice here and they always do whatever they can to accommodate my needs. My grades are getting better and being a senior, i have great friends! i would rather be a Bison than anything else!

Posted September 18, 2008

I love SCHS! It is the best school that I have gone to in my life. I came from an Antioch school and I am proud to be in a high school without gangs. I chose to join JROTC and the instructors are completely awesome! It has been a wonderful experience for me as a high school student.

Posted August 25, 2008

i love this school! everyone is so friendly. there arnt a lot of stuck up people. the teeachers are great. i first started this school last year and since then my grades have been better than ever. there are always activities going on for everyone that make everyone feel apart off the school. the teachers are all about making the school safe but fun at the same time. students learn better when doing something fun rather than sitting in the same spot for an hour and a half listening to a teacher talk. no school is perfect and this one has its flaws..but i wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

Posted June 5, 2008

The school has priorities that do not involve student achievement. They are more concerned with gaining recognition in sports and will compromise student learning and achievement for this. The students tend to wonder the halls and the young men are apparently allowed to wear their pants at the knee. Several other parents have told me that the people in the office are rude and treat you like you're bothering them when you come in .There is not a great deal of structure and they try to cover up unethical actions on their part.

Posted April 16, 2008

I wouldn't want to go anywhere else! Station Camp is amazing! I love it! Most students don't like it because no matter how nice it is, it's still school. I hate school myself, but SCHS really makes it a lot easier. It's such a clean cut, well rounded school. I'm extremely proud to call myself a Bison!

Posted March 26, 2008

The School is the best in every area. My Daughter was in band there and had every opportunity that any school could offer. She was also prepared very well for college. All of the teachers were helpful. Mr Waters does an outstanding job with the music students and really encourages the parents to be involved with the students. Station Camp offers a safe, and caring environment,with no gangs, It is a clean new school with all the opportunities students could ask for.

Posted March 24, 2008

I am a student at Station Camp High and I love it there. I am a member of the Army JROTC at Statin Camp. It is run by two of the finest instructors I have ever seen and I am proud to where the Army uniform every week. Mr. Crook is the best principal I have ever had and I enjoy walking through the front door every morning.

Posted March 20, 2008

I'm a student at Station Camp and i love it here! The principal is the best that anyone one could ask for. I am involved in six clubs and involved in sports. Station Camp is defiantly the best highschoool areoun.

Posted March 7, 2008

Our son is a Junior this year and he loves SCHS. They have no trouble with 'gangs', and all the kids my husband and I have met from SCHS are friendly, kind...just the best. My only concern is that housing is booming, including new apartment complexes which will greatly increase the number of students.

Posted September 8, 2007

The teachers at SCHS are very good.If your child is not doing well in a class it does not mean the teachers are bad. They truely care about their students and want to help. Mr. Hallman leaving was the best thing that ever happened to SCHS, because we got Mr. Crook. To say that he is just interested in being everyones' buddy is arrogant. He is a genuine person who cares for the well-being of every student. He wants what is best for everyone in our school. What you may see as him trying to be everyones friend, is really him trying to relate to us. You are all parents and know how hard it is for a teenager to trust an adult, but we can trust him as well as our teachers. Mr. Crook along with the faculty and staff of SCHS have made our high school the best

Posted July 3, 2007

Station Camp offers a lot of classes but the teachers are not very good. The principal will not get back with parents if they have true concerns. He is more interested in being everyones buddy, teachers and kids alike. There is big financial questions and he will not answer them.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

420 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

335 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

369 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

410 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

375 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

309 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 23%N/A55%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options