Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 10, 2016
School is great if you get good teacher. No doubt new school district, new principal and new teachers have a huge impact on school. They have great Apex program too...which really encourages kids to be competitive.

Posted February 21, 2016
2 words for you all: "BEST SCHOOL" I have read other schools ratings and how everyone's is happy with their school but you know what makes a difference? That # 10 you see year after year after year. Other schools are going from 10 to 8 to 7 back to 9....that tells you something. My daughter is learning and improving so much and well behaved and that's all what I can ask for from a school. My wife is involved in school and she love to be around the teachers and staff. Good job Farmington Elementary and special thanks to Mrs. Wilson, Mrs. Lasley and all the good teachers who made a great impact in our daughter's life. God bless you all

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 21, 2016
Even though I selected teacher only but I wanted to thank the staff at the front desk, the teachers who made a positive impact in our kid's life and the parents who we loves to have around as friends. Thank you all for the wonderful experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted February 21, 2016
All the teachers we had (1st to 4th grade) were excellent and we love them and support them. The 5th grade teachers were a pain for students and parents

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 21, 2016
We loved everything except in the 5th grade (yes again :-) the amount of homework my kid was bringing home was unbelievable. We sit from 3:30 when he comes home to 10pm doing his homework. we had to drop soccer because he did not have time to do anything else except school. We had to complain about this to the principal many times before the crazy teachers returned to her sanity. We found out that she was new to the school so we think that was why she was all over the place.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted February 21, 2016
We have always been a great support and ambassadors to this school and we bragged about how our kid was ahead of all our friends kids who attend other schools. But the last year was a disaster for us and we know it was not because of the school but because of the poor teaching from the 5th grades teachers we were unlucky to have that year. Please do your homework on teachers before you commit to this school.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted February 21, 2016
We have been pleased with this school until our last year there, where the 2 teachers my kid had were just unbelievable. We never complained about a single thing until that year (5th grade) my kid's grades dropped dramatically and we thought it was just him, but when we asked, we found out that 90% of the class has shown a decrease in academics and grades. Blame it on the kids all you want but we know the 2 teachers they had that year were very low quality.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted February 21, 2016
The south is a different animal when compared to the rest of the country. I am not a big fan of many things that are thought in these schools and how teachers behave in their classrooms. However, I still think that this school has been the best option we have.

Posted December 15, 2015
FES is nothing short of amazing! Top notch academics in a very challenging and competetive academic environment! Clubs, every sport, music, art, theatre and more are offered at the school or in Germantown! The teachers, admin, principal and police officer are passionate about children! This school is in a small municipal school district and parents are extremely involved. It would be hard to find a school this impressive anywhere else.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 07, 2015
Ok, every parent has right to share their own opinions. Few years back I wrote a review about my bad experience in the school...Now things has changed a lot and want to share my good experiences too...New School district, new principal, new teachers, alot more improved Gifted Services...., they also introduced Chinese language, implementing new standards of syllabus...... everything is at its best....of course most important thing is to get good teacher....to have a happy falcon.So now I can say that no doubt this is the best school in Germantown.

2085 Cordes Road, Germantown, TN  38139
Last modified Farmington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.