Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

School is great if you get good teacher. No doubt new school district, new principal and new teachers have a huge impact on school. They have great Apex program too...which really encourages kids to be competitive.

2 words for you all: "BEST SCHOOL" I have read other schools ratings and how everyone's is happy with their school but you know what makes a difference? That # 10 you see year after year after year. Other schools are going from 10 to 8 to 7 back to 9....that tells you something. My daughter is learning and improving so much and well behaved and that's all what I can ask for from a school. My wife is involved in school and she love to be around the teachers and staff. Good job Farmington Elementary and special thanks to Mrs. Wilson, Mrs. Lasley and all the good teachers who made a great impact in our daughter's life. God bless you all

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

All the teachers we had (1st to 4th grade) were excellent and we love them and support them. The 5th grade teachers were a pain for students and parents

Amount of homework: Disagree

We loved everything except in the 5th grade (yes again :-) the amount of homework my kid was bringing home was unbelievable. We sit from 3:30 when he comes home to 10pm doing his homework. we had to drop soccer because he did not have time to do anything else except school. We had to complain about this to the principal many times before the crazy teachers returned to her sanity. We found out that she was new to the school so we think that was why she was all over the place.

Develops character: Neutral

The south is a different animal when compared to the rest of the country. I am not a big fan of many things that are thought in these schools and how teachers behave in their classrooms. However, I still think that this school has been the best option we have.

FES is nothing short of amazing! Top notch academics in a very challenging and competetive academic environment! Clubs, every sport, music, art, theatre and more are offered at the school or in Germantown! The teachers, admin, principal and police officer are passionate about children! This school is in a small municipal school district and parents are extremely involved. It would be hard to find a school this impressive anywhere else.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Ok, every parent has right to share their own opinions. Few years back I wrote a review about my bad experience in the school...Now things has changed a lot and want to share my good experiences too...New School district, new principal, new teachers, alot more improved Gifted Services...., they also introduced Chinese language, implementing new standards of syllabus...... everything is at its best....of course most important thing is to get good teacher....to have a happy falcon.So now I can say that no doubt this is the best school in Germantown.

I also don't think anyone reported the negative reviews. I believe this site randomly picks and chooses reviews, because I see several negative, uncensored reviews on here. I recommend talking to administration or other parents for advice if you are unhappy. I don't meet many unhappy falcon parents. PTA board moms seem to be a fountain of information and good advice, at least for me.

Talk about freedom of speech! I rate the school a 3-4,but the parents responsible for the rating nonsense in the past week a zero. A parent wrote a bad review (just her opinion of her experience, no offensive language or anything), and a crowd of parents "flagged" it since it looked "bad" (and post got removed) and then the same group of parents went in and wrote a bunch of positive reviews (all around 9/24) to "counter" the negative review. That is a ratings manipulation.

Everyone has a different experience and perception of what they believe is "top-notch" Parents are entitled to their opinion whether relative to one or many. Don't disregard a negative review or buy into a positive review. Reviews are written for individuals to share their opinions so please be respectful to others even if it doesn't agree with you.

Last modified Farmington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.