Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Germantown Elementary School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted February 20, 2016
I would like to thank Lindsay Hawkins Robertson for being a warm person to our family.

Posted February 20, 2016
My husband and I fell in love once we toured this school. The student's are able to walk independently to classes unlike many SCS schools. This school is one of the best of SCS. The teachers are better equipped to serve the students. Most teachers have a Masters Degree. Each Grade level is learning about a different country. The children are not forced to have silent lunches and to wear uniform due to theft of clothes. (Like many Scs schools sadly) My daughter loved this school. I would give it a 99 star rating if I could. Parents please tour schools before enrolling them.

Germantown Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2015
As this school year comes to a close I felt it was my turn to sound off about my time at GES. I am a first time mom of a energetic boy and this was his kindergarten year. Granted I am not a residence of Germantown but not to far so I researched and asked a lot of questions to get here. Just like most parents I wanted the BEST for my son. My son has done very well and I couldn't be more proud of him. I am one of those parents that love to know everything and like to nip things in the bud very fast and stay in your face. My sons teacher has been nothing more than a Angel. She listens to me and most of the time calms me down about something my energetic son has done or not done and lets me know he is doing just fine and considering all her years of teaching his age group i take her at her word. I have been pleased with everything I have seen this year and hope to continue his first school years journey with GES. He has met so many friends that are from around the globe and that is just the best thing. Looking forward to another great year.

Posted February 25, 2015
My son who is in second grade started Germantown elementary this year in optional program. He loves his French class , International Projects and science fair. He loves his teacher and got good friends. Initially we were not sure how the optional program going to be at Germantown Elementary, we thought we will give a try and I think its working out great for us. I am hoping that teachers and principal continue to thrive and work towards progress of school and students. Driving to this school is not taking much time, so this school works best for us too.

Posted December 26, 2014
While there were concerns about Germantown Elementary with the formation of Germantown Municiple Schools, I could not be more pleased that GES is a part of Shelby County's Optional Program. My children experience French 3 times a week, music, art, PE, library, counseling, technology, choir, jog club, and international focus along with CLUE (4 hours twice a week of enriched creative learning) and higher academic standards paired with smaller class sizes (15 students in my children's 4th and 1st grade classes). My 4th grader made a 100 on the Discovery Ed Math test for 4th grade before Thanksgiving, and started the year testing low in math achievement. We have attended the "great Germantown schools" since Kindergarten with both of our children and this year has shown us what we have been missing. GES is exceptional!!!

Posted September 22, 2014
I have two children in the optional program at GES. They are very happy and so am I. The classes are small (15 and 18 students in each). This allows for quality one-on-one instruction when it is needed. My children feel loved and secure when they walk through the door. I know they are receiving an education on par with or exceeding private education in the area. The international studies aspect of the program gives them in-depth immersion in the culture and geography of a foreign country and a study of French, along with the top-notch curriculum. I know my children will be prepared for middle school and high school after their time is up at GES. They are involved in the guitar ensemble, technology club, environmental club, and the cheer-leading squad. I am made to feel welcome by all the staff. My questions are received and answered without feeling as though I've inconvenienced anyone. The office staff are helpful and supportive. I can't say enough about GES! It has been called the "little U.N." and that is a very appropriate comparison. I appreciate the level of diversity at GES. My children have come to have friends from almost every continent. I love that!

Posted September 17, 2014
I have three children in Germantown Elementary's optional program and I am very pleased with the quality of education, extra-curricular opportunities (guitar, Kiwanis, cheer, technology) and accessibility to teachers and the principal. My children are being challenged as they should be.

Posted August 29, 2014
I give this school 5 stars. My child has attend this school for 5 years and she has received an exceptional education. The optional program not only enriches the current curriculum, but also gives her cultural arts with a concentration in the French language. She has 15 students in her class which gives her more one on one time with her teacher. I am excited about this school and what it has to offer!

Posted August 29, 2014
My children love attending GES - one has been there 5 years and the other has been there 4. We have not had a teacher who wasn't excellent. This year there are many changes. The class sizes are smaller, and the behavior problems are fewer. Many of the students are international (at least half in my children's classes are from Europe or Asia). My children are challenged and nurtured in small classes by experienced, innovative teachers. The optional curriculum is amazing. We are having a great year!

Posted August 17, 2014
Germantown Elementary is a great school with good families and great teachers. This is the first year that GES is an optional program through Shelby County Schools. I am a Germantown resident. My oldest child attended GES from K-5 and now my youngest is in the 1st grade optional program. The optional program is much more rigorous. Initially, I was nervous it would be too hard but my daughter's teacher is awesome and makes sure that each child gets individualized instruction. Furthermore, GES has added foreign language to their elementary curriculum. My daughter will be learning French and some Spanish this year. I couldn't be more excited about that. It is true that the school lost many students due to the creation of the municipal district but we have also gained some great new families. There is a bit of a "turf war" between the new municipal system and the new optional schools, but I think that is unnecessary and unproductive. The City of Germantown has a unique opportunity to build top-notch programs in ALL of their schools with the right community support.

Germantown Elementary School
2730 Cross Country Drive, Germantown, TN  38138
Last modified Germantown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.