Posted September 22, 2014
I have two children in the optional program at GES. They are very happy and so am I. The classes are small (15 and 18 students in each). This allows for quality one-on-one instruction when it is needed. My children feel loved and secure when they walk through the door. I know they are receiving an education on par with or exceeding private education in the area. The international studies aspect of the program gives them in-depth immersion in the culture and geography of a foreign country and a study of French, along with the top-notch curriculum. I know my children will be prepared for middle school and high school after their time is up at GES. They are involved in the guitar ensemble, technology club, environmental club, and the cheer-leading squad. I am made to feel welcome by all the staff. My questions are received and answered without feeling as though I've inconvenienced anyone. The office staff are helpful and supportive. I can't say enough about GES! It has been called the "little U.N." and that is a very appropriate comparison. I appreciate the level of diversity at GES. My children have come to have friends from almost every continent. I love that!

Posted September 17, 2014
I have three children in Germantown Elementary's optional program and I am very pleased with the quality of education, extra-curricular opportunities (guitar, Kiwanis, cheer, technology) and accessibility to teachers and the principal. My children are being challenged as they should be.

Posted August 29, 2014
I give this school 5 stars. My child has attend this school for 5 years and she has received an exceptional education. The optional program not only enriches the current curriculum, but also gives her cultural arts with a concentration in the French language. She has 15 students in her class which gives her more one on one time with her teacher. I am excited about this school and what it has to offer!

Posted August 29, 2014
My children love attending GES - one has been there 5 years and the other has been there 4. We have not had a teacher who wasn't excellent. This year there are many changes. The class sizes are smaller, and the behavior problems are fewer. Many of the students are international (at least half in my children's classes are from Europe or Asia). My children are challenged and nurtured in small classes by experienced, innovative teachers. The optional curriculum is amazing. We are having a great year!

Posted August 17, 2014
Germantown Elementary is a great school with good families and great teachers. This is the first year that GES is an optional program through Shelby County Schools. I am a Germantown resident. My oldest child attended GES from K-5 and now my youngest is in the 1st grade optional program. The optional program is much more rigorous. Initially, I was nervous it would be too hard but my daughter's teacher is awesome and makes sure that each child gets individualized instruction. Furthermore, GES has added foreign language to their elementary curriculum. My daughter will be learning French and some Spanish this year. I couldn't be more excited about that. It is true that the school lost many students due to the creation of the municipal district but we have also gained some great new families. There is a bit of a "turf war" between the new municipal system and the new optional schools, but I think that is unnecessary and unproductive. The City of Germantown has a unique opportunity to build top-notch programs in ALL of their schools with the right community support.

Germantown Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2014
This once great school is beginning it's decline. By Shelby County not allowing Germantown to make this school part of the municipal school systems, most kids are bussed in to this school from far distances and it is no longer a neighborhood school. The once great parental involvement is showing a rapid decay, with a significantly decreasing population of volunteers. Attendance appears to be down significantly from prior years, and as new children choose to go to municipal schools - this school will only further decline.

Posted July 22, 2014
It was great. My teachers stopped in the middle if the lesson to help me with my work and make sure I understand. The teachers would make sure there was no bully. The principal was awesome. She is so fun she.even dyed her her red once just for us. GES is an awesome school with great education.

Germantown Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2014
DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL! I REPEAT: D O N O T G O T O T H I S S C H O O L!!!! It is AWFUL! We have THREE KIDS and have only found TWO teachers who are actually decent!! If you do go to this school, and your child gets Ms.Jordan, bless their heart. She will overreact to many many things, and will make your child's conduct plummet! She is OBSESSED with finding the negative things in life and tries her hardest to cause your kids to do horribly. SHE IS AWFUL.

Posted April 23, 2012
We moved to Germantown a year ago because of the schools. We are very impressed with the high quality of education and nurturing the children are receiving. The teachers ensure each individual child is learning the required material and extra time has been spent with my child where needed. The Principal and Vice Principals are very professional and act promptly on matters of concern. I am amazed at the amount of parent involvement and volunteer. The faculty, students and parents come together in fundraisers to raise funds for extra classroom supplies and equipment. The front office staff have always been attentive, prompt and courteous at each visit. The school is secure and all visitors are buzzed in through the front door. The school is very organized and will adjust policy and procedures promptly to ensure the safety and well being of all children.

Posted November 13, 2010
Both of my children attend GES, and we love it. Our kids are getting a fabulous education, and the faculty and administration are top-notch. The school is very well run, and any questions or concerns are dealt with immediately and with care. When considering GES vs. private schools in the area we chose GES, and are so pleased that we did!

Germantown Elementary School
2730 Cross Country Dr, Germantown, TN  38138
Last modified Germantown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Germantown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top