Germantown, TN

Germantown Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
My son is in 7th grade and this is his second year at GMS. This is the first year that GMS has been part of the optional program through Shelby County and I am very impressed. He is in Language Arts CLUE, pre-algebra, honors science and social studies, STEM and French. He will also have Spanish next semester. Class sizes are small ranging from about 16 in his smallest class to 25 in his STEM class. They have also introduced many new sports programs and the band remains top-notch. The teachers seem eager and well-qualified. Furthermore, I have found the new administration and PTSA to be extremely helpful, smart and responsive.

Germantown Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
The current principal is a real go-getter. Bullying is NOT on the rise and in fact GMS is growing and thriving and the only kids who have come in from far away have not been bused in but have been driven in by their parents as part of our new optional (honors) program. Parents whose kids who are currently part of other school systems should really focus their opinions where they actually have real knowledge about what is currently going on.

Germantown Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
A few years ago this school was not doing well. It received a new principal last year and things were really looking up. During the formation of Municipal schools in Germantown, this school was left out and will remain under the county. It's former principal left to work for the Municipal system and the new principal is taking it back where it was. The old principal made it a point to get to know every student. My child had not even spoken to the new one months after she was there. It has descended into a prison like atmosphere the way they change classes and the way lunch is conducted. It is a guilty until proven innocent situation where they are punished for what they might do. Teacher morale is low which makes its way down to the students. Bullying is making a big come back, and the once improving school is back on the decline. Now with the municipal schools, most kids here are bussed in from far away and there are almost no neighborhood kids. Very sad what has happened to a once thriving school.

Germantown Middle School 3

Posted January 24, 2014
The school overall is great!! I love it! Buttttt, the librarian is very.....dramatic. If you ever lose your books, watch out! She will be P-O'd. MAJORLY.

Posted October 27, 2013
My son attended Germantown Elementary School K-5 and had a terrific experience there. We were concerned about the transition to middle school, but he has loved it so far. His teachers have high expectations but are caring and are helping these youngest students learn their way around. The band program is outstanding. We love the diversity of the faculty and student body and also the high amount of school spirit. Parents are involved in their children's education, and the school has a wonderful PTA. We love GMS!

Posted October 26, 2013
We recently moved here from Illinois and our son is a 6th grader. I'm impressed with the curriculum and quality staff at Germantown Middle School. The diversity of the student body and teaching staff adds to the quality of this school.

Posted October 25, 2013
My school is Germantown Middle. My son attended Germantown Elementary (K-5) and is now a 6th grader at the GMS. We've been very impressed with both schools smart, caring teachers and a high level of parent involvement. We've had a GREAT experience here.

Posted September 20, 2013
My school is Germantown Middle School. My son is a 6th grader and having such a great experience. My older son attended GMS too. The GMS has the best teachers.They are very caring!! They want each child to succeed! GMS has the BEST PTA! They do so much for the school. Finally Germantown Middle School is so fortunate to have such a wonderful principal, Mr Cathey!!

Posted June 20, 2011
This is a great school. There is a high level of parent involvement and the teachers are wonderful.

Posted March 19, 2010
My daughter came to GTown Middle as a 6th Grader this year. So far she loves it! We moved out of Fayette County to put her in a better school system. She is now top of her class, and loves her teachers....That says alot these days! Teachers who know the students, and actually care about them, and how they are doing in school, life, and home. They are a great faculty, and deserve a huge pat on the back! Congrats! ...and 'Thank you!' for caring about our children!

Germantown Middle School
7925 Cd Smith Rd, Germantown, TN  38138
Last modified Germantown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Germantown Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top