Germantown, TN
Students enrolled: 1,180

Posted November 19, 2014
Most schools are places students dread going to every morning. Not Riverdale, I call Riverdale staff, faculty, and students my family because they treat my like family. I don't wake up every morning and say "ughhh school" I actually look forward to it. I look forward to hearing the office staff say "good morning!" and "have a great day sweetheart!" I look forward to walking down the halls and seeing a 'little one' who gives me a tight hug. I look forward to around 8:10 every morning when Mr.Bond comes on the announcements and tells us all the fun activites and events coming up soon. I look forward to our basketball games when a sea of blue t-shirts floods into the gym shouting "LET'S GO RAIDERS LETS GO *TWO CLAPS* " My point is that I truly enjoy being a Riverdale Raider and I couldn't be prouder no matter what. I love Riverdale!!!

Posted May 15, 2014
I Attended Riverdale for nine years and received not only an excellent education but made great friends as well the staff is kind and works majorly well with the student body and communicates often with parents or at least tries too I was taught well enough that I take almost all honors classes and I'm a year ahead in Science I highly recommend this school

Riverdale Elementary School 2

Posted February 12, 2014
Its been almost a year since my kid stared going to Riverdale . We moved to 4 states prior to coming here and out of all the schools my son has been to this school is he most rude and unfriendly school we have ever seen. we find the staff rude and insensitive and treat parents as bad influence on their kids . They have zero transparency and discourage parents to any sort of communication to their teachers . Infact many have complain that they push the parents that parent feel intimidated. Riverdale is proud of being 9 out of 10 school grade and has gotten snobbish , but they should never forget that if they continue pushing off the parents and maintaining a parent unfriendly attitude it will not take them longer to be 2 out of 10 . I hope some one from the "rude" staff reads it and be more sensitive towards the parents .

Posted August 21, 2013
We love Riverdale. Our boys have attended since Kindergarten and we all couldn't be happier. We miss our beloved retired principal but the number 2 got the job and so far things are still great. We moved to Germantown in this school district to attend and not attend the city schools after being annexed. Just praying now that we are "unified" things don't change much. Great staff, teachers and conselors.

Posted May 16, 2012
We moved from New Orleans without knowing a soul up here. Of course we wanted the best for our child, naturally we said "private school". But, then we saw the tuition...I could send my child to LSU for less. So, we looked around at our public school options. Riverdale was absolutely the way to go. K-8th makes an unbelievable difference. I believe it keeps out some of that JrHigh attitude I have witnessed at other facilities we had toured. The teachers Really love what they do! My daughter has never been happier, which is a miracle in it self for a child who "hates" school. My only concern is the new redistricting they are about to do. I hope we don't get zoned out :-(

Posted January 17, 2012
We moved from San Diego in October and this school has been the best !! The teachers are very good and there is a lot of parent involvement. School has a lot of positive reinforcement techniques and the kids are doing better than ever, they love it :)

Posted May 17, 2011
What a great school! We did months of research and communicating with several schools in Germantown before moving here. Riverdale stood out above the rest! We have been so happy! What a great school and staff. Without a doubt the best in the State and being K-8 it is the best!

Posted April 13, 2011
Five years ago, I reviewed Riverdale as a mom of an elementary student. But now, I can review the school as a mom to an elementary and middle school student. The middle school grade levels are as impressive as the elementary. My greatest concern five years ago was a lack of extracurricular activities but that has definitely improved over the years with the addition of new sports teams and after school clubs. It is a very friendly, welcoming, neighborhood school with involved parents and a wonderfully experienced yet innovative administration. A powerhouse combination that is so rare in public education.

Posted December 27, 2010
Excellent schools with the best Principal ever. I cannot say enough good things about Riverdale.

Posted April 24, 2010

Riverdale Elementary School
7391 Neshoba Rd, Germantown, TN  38138
Last modified Riverdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverdale Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top