PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

We recently moved to the area from Georgia, where our children attended the top public schools in the state. We love SGIS! We have an 7th and 11th grader. The children have been welcomed by the teachers, staff, and their peers. The academic rigor is on par with our prior experience, but the classes are smaller and the use of technology is was more extensive. The teachers are nurturing, the atmosphere is warm, and the children are motivated. We could not have landed any better. So happy!!

My daughter currently goes here & we have seen her creative spirit SOAR just as much as her grades. She was at a public school prior and the program was losing her. At SGIS, teachers CARE about each & every student & the way the child learns. There are so many creative aspects of learning & I don't know why the previous parent posted that academics are not as strong as advertised - that statement could not be farther from the truth! Please, if you are considering this school for your child, ask them for new parent contact info so you can get a real picture of the school. We interviewed at several and chose SGIS for their focus on reading, academics AND the independence model AND the creative arts aspect of learning. Not to mention the sweet & caring teachers who I now consider my friends. This school is outstanding & worth every penny - which was something I never felt interviewing with the other private schools in my area.

At St. George's, our children are challenged academically in a safe and supportive environment with a strong emphasis on developing character, integrity and independence. We could not be happier with our choice!

Academics not nearly as strong as advertised. There are several nearby private schools are much better.

St. George's is more than a school, it is a family. I can't imagine my child being anywhere else. The teachers and staff are so wonderful and nurturing. I am amazed at the negative reviews. These are the best group of kids. I am proud to be a St. George's parent!

St. George's has provided a loving, nurturing place for my daughter to grow and learn. We have been amazed at what she is learning at such a young age! St. George's is committed to helping each child discover their gifts and talents and become their best self. The teachers and staff are excellent!

I had 2 children at St. George's who attended there 6 years each. The academics are good, but not great--no better than a good public school. If I had to do it over again, I would buy a house in the best public school district, and save my money for family trips, etc. My children didn't have any trouble socially, but if a child didn't fit into a certain 'socio-economic mold', they had a much harder time (the parents are the ones who determine the friendships). The teachers are good, but no better than the public schools in Germantown and Collierville. My kids had mostly good teachers, but there were a few who were not up to par. My bottom line is, save your money.

St. George's is wonderful. They challenge the children academically, and make it all so much fun. They have offered social and spiritual growth as well. The teachers and staff are all so concerned and caring. You couldn't ask for a better early childhood experience for your child!

I have two children attending St. George's Independent school, and couldn't ask for a better experience. The academics are outstanding, and the attention to each individual student is more than we ever hoped for. Love it!

St. George's is an excellent school. I am a parent of two students, and we have been there for seven years. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

Last modified St. George's Independent School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5