St. George's Independent School 1

Posted August 31, 2014
Academics not nearly as strong as advertised. There are several nearby private schools are much better.

Posted January 26, 2013
St. George's is more than a school, it is a family. I can't imagine my child being anywhere else. The teachers and staff are so wonderful and nurturing. I am amazed at the negative reviews. These are the best group of kids. I am proud to be a St. George's parent!

Posted April 16, 2010

Posted April 16, 2010

Posted March 26, 2010
St. George's has provided a loving, nurturing place for my daughter to grow and learn. We have been amazed at what she is learning at such a young age! St. George's is committed to helping each child discover their gifts and talents and become their best self. The teachers and staff are excellent!

Posted December 13, 2009
I had 2 children at St. George's who attended there 6 years each. The academics are good, but not great--no better than a good public school. If I had to do it over again, I would buy a house in the best public school district, and save my money for family trips, etc. My children didn't have any trouble socially, but if a child didn't fit into a certain 'socio-economic mold', they had a much harder time (the parents are the ones who determine the friendships). The teachers are good, but no better than the public schools in Germantown and Collierville. My kids had mostly good teachers, but there were a few who were not up to par. My bottom line is, save your money.

Posted November 09, 2009
St. George's is wonderful. They challenge the children academically, and make it all so much fun. They have offered social and spiritual growth as well. The teachers and staff are all so concerned and caring. You couldn't ask for a better early childhood experience for your child!

Posted September 04, 2009
I have two children attending St. George's Independent school, and couldn't ask for a better experience. The academics are outstanding, and the attention to each individual student is more than we ever hoped for. Love it!

Posted September 03, 2009
St. George's is an excellent school. I am a parent of two students, and we have been there for seven years. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

Posted June 19, 2009
WOW-what a harsh review. My child was new to SGIS as a kindergartner and had no problem integrating into the classroom/social setting. The kids do learn quite alot (fractions were introduced in kindergarten-SK) and the teachers we had were definitely on top of any 'clickish-unhelpful behavior'. It's an awesome school where your child is encouraged to do his/her best every day. It's pricey, but definitely worth every penny. My child loves school and was bummed that it ended for summer.

St. George's Independent School
8235 Dogwood Road, Germantown, TN  38138
Last modified St. George's Independent School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
St. George's Independent School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top