Gladeville Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted March 5, 2014

Well after having one child in this school for four years and the second child for the past two, I have to say things are improving. First child had two rough years as they were the last year prior to retirement for two of her four teachers and that is so unfortunate for our child. Our second child has benefited from the new teachers that replaced the retired ones and the difference is night and day. We still have some issues with bullying and stealing now and then, but just don't let your kids take toys or electronics to school since they don't need them anyway, but the bullying still needs to be addressed. I am not sure it is any better or worse elsewhere as this is the only school our kids have been in. Also seems like the entire county closes school in the winter when many portions of this large county could be open, but instead they choose to close all the schools which probably saves them money on heating, gas, bus drivers, etc. but at the cost of the kids. Hard to learn much with one complete week out of nine for a quarter.

Posted August 26, 2013

Gladeville is a small, but growing community outside Nashville, TN. The office staff know all the kids' names and they sing "Happy Birthday" to them on their birthday and really make a big fuss over them. The PTO is very organized and gets a lot of parent support. They raised money over the past couple years to build an new upper grade playground. However, of all the other elementary schools in the county, Gladeville has the least amount of technology, but they make the best of it. I would love to see Gladeville win so they could buy some much needed computers and other equipment.

Posted May 29, 2013

I'm really surprised at some of the reviews about "crying" and "prison" because in the past three years I've had my children at Gladeville, I have seen or heard nothing of this nature. I'm new in the area compared to most (been here about 4 years) but I'm not treated like an outsider. My son is ADHD and he has not been the easiest to deal with, especially before we found the correct medication, and all three of his teachers were lovely, understanding and incredibly patient. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the gov't grades for the school based on test scores. I do think they could be better, and I've been glad to see that they got As and Bs this year.

Posted August 3, 2012

When you look at the test scores & stats for math at this school it seems that they need NEW MATH teachers. What a joke!

Posted August 1, 2012

Gladeville is a great, growing community and the elementary school is better than average. The teachers here that I have seen are very caring. I don't know about other Wilson County elementary schools, but I'm happy with Gladeville.

Posted March 1, 2012

I maad sure that my child was prepared to come to school by staying in touch with his teacher periodically. The teachers were quick to respond and were very helpful. They offered a variety of teaching techniques as well.. Once thing that I really admire now is that they have kept up with the other schools by making the school safer by installing the security lobby. This should make the parents feel more secure - I wish they had done that while my son was here!

Posted January 30, 2012

My daughter has came home crying more times than I can count. She seems to always get bullied and speaking to the principal or vice principal falls on deaf ears. The school board seems to turn a blind eye when you voice your concerns. The teachers we have dealt with are unkind and uncaring. My daughter made a picture for her teacher and the teacher crumpled it up in front of her and threw it in the trash. My daughter is heartbroken and begs me to move every day. It has gotten so bad and I have no other options. I have tried to get involved with the school but feel unwelcome. They set double standards all the time like allowing the teachers to dress up for halloween but not the children. This school is a joke and only teaches children that it is ok to be a bully when you are an adult.

Posted January 25, 2012

If you value your child's emotional and educational well being, do not enroll your child at Gladeville Elem. My child has been bullied for 4 yrs now. The school counselor , teachers and principle are a joke. They are a small minded good ol' boy mentality. They discourage parent involvement . Prison like environment, boot camp mentality. My child's 2nd grade teacher would yell at the kids telling them to shut up. His 3rd grade teacher constantly threatens their class with a paddle which she lovingly refers to as her "best friend." They discontinued the annual Christmas play saying that it was just too much trouble and effort. 3 out of 4 teachers we have had so far blame the students for the teacher's lack of instruction. We have to buy most of his AR books because the school library does not stock them. The school board doesn't care about any of this . Disgusted beyond comprehension.

Posted January 13, 2012

nothing different ,I think other elemantry school better in wilson county. no star for teaching.

Posted December 5, 2010

I love Gladeville. This is my child's second year here, and I have been very impressed with the education that she has gotten so far. The teachers are wonderful and they really care about the children. It is a bright and happy place and I feel good leaving my child every day knowing that my baby is safe and well taken care of. She is getting a wonderful education and was more than ready for first grade after a successful Kindergarten year. The teachers and administrators are wonderful and I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a new school for their child.

Posted November 19, 2010

I love Gladeville! It's a wonderful school that feels like a family! Teachers at Gladeville work so hard to help the children learn and be happy everyday! We are so blessed to get to be "Gladeville Gators!"

Posted June 14, 2010

Not sure where the 10 came from! My children attended Rutland Elem for several years before we moved to the Gladeville area. The difference is night and day, my children were upset and cried often having to go to Gladeville, they called it a prison. It was so hard on our family I took a job as a lunch lady just to get our children back at Rutland! Rutland, where your greeted with a smile and open arms everyday! :)

Posted July 12, 2009

I have to say- I am severely disappointed with this school. My child went through his kindergarten year, and it was an absolute ordeal for him. To say that we had some difficulty with the teaching staff is putting it mildly.Towards the end of the year, once the parents began speaking to one another, we all realized that all of our children had endured this situation for the whole year. One of the parents had gone so far as to complain to the Wilson County School Board-and they refused to do anything. I personally spoke to the principal with the same result. I'm leaving my son in for one more year, if no improvement, I will pull him out and move.

Posted October 24, 2005

Gladeville Elementary is a fabulous school! They have wonderful, caring teachers and staff. It is so comforting to feel that my child is safe and happy every morning when I send him to school. It is also wonderful that the teachers will go above and beyond to make sure that your child will succeed!

Posted April 25, 2004

I do not feel the school is up to par. If I had the choice I would send my child to another school in a different district.

Posted August 26, 2003

We are new to Tn. this year. Schools here are much diffrent from where we came from, however we are very pleased so far with the happiness our children recieve from atending gladeville. Gladeville seems to care about the children first and that matters dearly to my husband and I.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 49% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 84% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Tennessee used the Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program (TCAP) Achievement Test to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading/language arts, math, science and social studies. The TCAP is a standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Tennessee. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Math

The state average for Math was 49% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 48% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 56% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 57% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

Writing

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 62% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

All Students83%

All Students93%
White93%
Students with disabilities73%

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

Algebra I

English I

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 24%N/A55%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

8840 Stewarts Ferry Pk