Gladeville, TN

Posted March 05, 2014
Well after having one child in this school for four years and the second child for the past two, I have to say things are improving. First child had two rough years as they were the last year prior to retirement for two of her four teachers and that is so unfortunate for our child. Our second child has benefited from the new teachers that replaced the retired ones and the difference is night and day. We still have some issues with bullying and stealing now and then, but just don't let your kids take toys or electronics to school since they don't need them anyway, but the bullying still needs to be addressed. I am not sure it is any better or worse elsewhere as this is the only school our kids have been in. Also seems like the entire county closes school in the winter when many portions of this large county could be open, but instead they choose to close all the schools which probably saves them money on heating, gas, bus drivers, etc. but at the cost of the kids. Hard to learn much with one complete week out of nine for a quarter.

Posted August 26, 2013
Gladeville is a small, but growing community outside Nashville, TN. The office staff know all the kids' names and they sing "Happy Birthday" to them on their birthday and really make a big fuss over them. The PTO is very organized and gets a lot of parent support. They raised money over the past couple years to build an new upper grade playground. However, of all the other elementary schools in the county, Gladeville has the least amount of technology, but they make the best of it. I would love to see Gladeville win so they could buy some much needed computers and other equipment.

Posted May 29, 2013
I'm really surprised at some of the reviews about "crying" and "prison" because in the past three years I've had my children at Gladeville, I have seen or heard nothing of this nature. I'm new in the area compared to most (been here about 4 years) but I'm not treated like an outsider. My son is ADHD and he has not been the easiest to deal with, especially before we found the correct medication, and all three of his teachers were lovely, understanding and incredibly patient. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the gov't grades for the school based on test scores. I do think they could be better, and I've been glad to see that they got As and Bs this year.

Gladeville Elementary School 2

Posted August 03, 2012
When you look at the test scores & stats for math at this school it seems that they need NEW MATH teachers. What a joke!

Posted August 01, 2012
Gladeville is a great, growing community and the elementary school is better than average. The teachers here that I have seen are very caring. I don't know about other Wilson County elementary schools, but I'm happy with Gladeville.

Posted March 01, 2012
I maad sure that my child was prepared to come to school by staying in touch with his teacher periodically. The teachers were quick to respond and were very helpful. They offered a variety of teaching techniques as well.. Once thing that I really admire now is that they have kept up with the other schools by making the school safer by installing the security lobby. This should make the parents feel more secure - I wish they had done that while my son was here!

Posted January 30, 2012
My daughter has came home crying more times than I can count. She seems to always get bullied and speaking to the principal or vice principal falls on deaf ears. The school board seems to turn a blind eye when you voice your concerns. The teachers we have dealt with are unkind and uncaring. My daughter made a picture for her teacher and the teacher crumpled it up in front of her and threw it in the trash. My daughter is heartbroken and begs me to move every day. It has gotten so bad and I have no other options. I have tried to get involved with the school but feel unwelcome. They set double standards all the time like allowing the teachers to dress up for halloween but not the children. This school is a joke and only teaches children that it is ok to be a bully when you are an adult.

Posted January 25, 2012
If you value your child's emotional and educational well being, do not enroll your child at Gladeville Elem. My child has been bullied for 4 yrs now. The school counselor , teachers and principle are a joke. They are a small minded good ol' boy mentality. They discourage parent involvement . Prison like environment, boot camp mentality. My child's 2nd grade teacher would yell at the kids telling them to shut up. His 3rd grade teacher constantly threatens their class with a paddle which she lovingly refers to as her "best friend." They discontinued the annual Christmas play saying that it was just too much trouble and effort. 3 out of 4 teachers we have had so far blame the students for the teacher's lack of instruction. We have to buy most of his AR books because the school library does not stock them. The school board doesn't care about any of this . Disgusted beyond comprehension.

Posted January 13, 2012
nothing different ,I think other elemantry school better in wilson county. no star for teaching.

Posted December 05, 2010
I love Gladeville. This is my child's second year here, and I have been very impressed with the education that she has gotten so far. The teachers are wonderful and they really care about the children. It is a bright and happy place and I feel good leaving my child every day knowing that my baby is safe and well taken care of. She is getting a wonderful education and was more than ready for first grade after a successful Kindergarten year. The teachers and administrators are wonderful and I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a new school for their child.

Gladeville Elementary School
8840 Stewarts Ferry Pk, Gladeville, TN  37071
Last modified Gladeville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gladeville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top