PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

By teaching the Bible the children learn God's word and his commands. Also the classes for the children are structured so that fairness and honesty are encouraged and supported.

Small class size with Christian faith based education. Advanced learning even with learning disabilities and individualized focused needs addressed. Team teaching, keeps parents informed and involved.

Metro Christian Academy has made a HUGE impact on my family. The academics are a main focus and are extremely solid (my children's test scores are YEARS above grade level). The atmosphere is very friendly and loving. My children are THRIVING. The small classes allow for individual attention they would never receive at a public school. The tuition is SO MUCH LOWER than other private schools we looked into, which allows us to have more than one child enrolled. The school focuses on character development and personal responsibility - something that is SERIOUSLY missing in our public school system! Oh, and no common core! From the heart of a mom, you must understand that there is such a peace knowing my kids are at MCA. There is not a day that I worry about what they are being taught, whether they are safe, or if they are being cared for. THAT is priceless! It is a top-notch school!

I am very happy with this school. The teachers have gone out of their way to help my daughter with her school work. The classes are very small, so the teachers are available to give one-on-one help to the students. My daughter has had a great experience so far. She will be starting her Junior year in a couple of months and I wouldn't want her in any other school!

My son is in the 10th grade at MCA. He started going there in 5th grade. I am so glad that I made this move. The teachers are wonderful, the staff really cares about the kid/youth. They have great programs and I thank God for leading us there.If you are looking for a place that is like a family, just go in and talk to some of the people there. They will make you feel welcome and it starts at the front office and all over the campus.

My daughter goes to mca, and she loved her teachers. I am very pleased with there friendly teachers. The teachers really care if your child suceeds, not just passes to the next grade.

We are very pleased with MCA. The teachers are well qualified and caring. As parents , we have the capability to daily check our children's academic progress. Communication is easily available and encouraged with the teachers and staff. We have children involved in the fine arts program as well as athletics. We feel that they are well balanced . The staff cares and encourages parental involvement. Biblical truths are intergraded in all subjects. We feel that MCA is preparing our children well for college with challenging honor classes and measured by their scores on the SATs . We know that we have made a good investment in our children's education and future by sending them to MCA.

My child attended Metro for 6 years. Take it from someone who was a part of it, you dont want to put your children in this school. The teacheres dont care if the students pass. 2 said to me on several occasions that they do not care if the students pass or fail, that it is not their job to care. The rules are completely ridiculous! And, like a few others have said, they do not prepare you for college whatsoever. Yes, they do have a good sports program...but thats all. They look at sports as the main purpose for even having the school open. They dont look at your records and transcrips every year the way they should. They wait until you're a senior to tell you that you have to take a class you should have taken in 9th grade. I do not rate Metro highly at all.

I have never had a school faculty and staff love on my child like they have at MCA. I feel like my child's best interests and education are at the heart of every MCA staff person. Is it a perfect school? No, but I don't believe there is such a thing. They have very high academic standards and I love the curriculum they use. They have a great athletic program that allows most students to be involved and they have competitions that allow my child to showcase her artistic abilities. Financially they are very affordable compared to the other private schools I looked at. My favorite part of the education at MCA is the spiritual aspect. My daughter memorizes scripture and even challenges me with her Bible knowledge! They are not just educating the mind but are instructing her heart in the truth of God's word. I have been VERY PLEASED!

I attended MCA for 2 years, my junior and senior years of high school. I enjoyed my experience for the most part. However, now that I am in college I know that I was not as prepared as I could have been. There was very few staff members that were not teachers. The teachers change every year and you never know who is going to be teaching what class for what grade. My parents and I do attend church just not at Metro Baptist, and because we were not members of the church I was not treated the same as the students whose parents were members of the church or more involved in the school. Also, if your child makes a mistake of any kind then they will probably be made a spectacle of and will be talked about long after they leave the school. I give MCA a C-

Last modified Metro Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12