Daniel Boone High School 1

Posted October 28, 2013
Daniel Boone High School is by far the worst school I have ever had the displeasure of attending. My family has moved all around the country and out of it because of military situations. The only thing i have to say that's good about this school is the ROTC and even that's not perfect. It's clear that this school does not care about any of their students unless you are a star athlete or valedictorian. Also, Northern state schools are stereotypically assumed to have better grade scores. Know why? Because they don't drown their students in homework and crowd tests and quizzes, they don't overcrowd schools and expect people to get along. And they don't set the bar so high for the obviously struggling students. These kids have enough to deal with, so what do they do? Pile on responsibilities so high that they need antidepressants by their sophomore year. Do yourself a favour, GO TO A DIFFERENT SCHOOL. You'll thank me later.

Posted April 26, 2011
As a former student, I can say that Daniel Boone is a poor school overall and I felt as if I spent years trying to catch up after attending this poorly run institution. Very few of the teachers actually challenge their students; mostly recycled dogma is taught. The school is run based on politics, so if you're not connected, your kids might not always be in the best position to succeed. Teachers will often decide that their personal religion is more important than anything else. Creationism was suggested to be fact when I was there. Overall, it's a relatively backwards place and stands in stark contrast to nearby high schools such as Science Hill (Johnson City), University High (Johnson City), and Dobyns-Bennett. If education is important to you and your child wants to enter college after HS, I would move into the Johnson City or Kingsport city limits and send your kids to either Science Hill or Dobyns-Bennett. Both will prepare your children for college much better than Daniel Boone. (That said, Boones Creek and Gray Elementary Schools are both good --- it all goes downhill once you hit Daniel Boone, unfortunately.)

Posted May 18, 2009

Posted October 01, 2008
I'm a Sophomore at Tennessee Technological University majoring in Chemical Engineering. I believe that Daniel Boone High School prepared me very well for every challenge that college has thrown at me. Daniel Boone gave me every opportunity to learn. You can do one of two things at Boone; you can want to learn and apply yourself to your studies or you can blow them off. I chose to apply myself at Boone and have succeeded thus far in my intense studies here at Tech. It's up to you ( the student) to learn or not to learn. Boone itself offers students the possibilities to learn but noone can make you learn. So with that being said, Boone has a lot to do with my college success. Thanks to all the staff at Boone. And remember, apply yourself! You and only you can make yourself learn.

Daniel Boone High School 1

Posted September 29, 2008

Posted July 12, 2008
I am a current student at daniel boone high school and i completely diagree with the grads that say bad things about DBHS. I love this high school my freshman year was a blast and we got a new principal,Mr.Jackson.and we have accomidated a whole new pod and just got done making the 600 pod bigger along with the completion of liberty hall for the 1000 pod and acidemicaly we have advanced way forward so i give my school an ecxellent rating.

Daniel Boone High School 4

Posted July 08, 2008

Posted January 28, 2008
I went daniel boone 2 years ago, and my experience was terrible. The clicks are terrible, the teachers overlook alot of situtions, and there is not enough room to hold the student population. The halls are so crowed and the classes look nasty.

Posted December 09, 2007
i transferred here in the end of my sophomore year from a fairly prestigious florida school. i felt that for the first time ever i truly had a desire to learn and that the teachers truly had a desire to teach. there are a few amazinggggg teachers...mrs.carey, mr. mclain and mr.taylor and these are just a few.

Daniel Boone High School 4

Posted September 07, 2007
As a former student and the parent of a present-day sophomore, I have to say the school has improved greatly in 20 years. I agree somewhat with many other postings. The education received depends greatly on the student and parents. The student needs a stable home life where the parents are interested in and encourage the child's accomplishments, rather than taking no interest and blaming everything on the school. Often times in this era, kids are not taught respect or hard work. My sophomore received the opportunity in 8th grade to take Algebra at Boone and ranked Advanced on both her gateway exam and 8th grade math t-caps. She is currently taking 11th and 12th grade required and elective courses and will be eligible for graduation as a Junior. She's not a genius, just works hard and knows her future depends on herself and her decisions. Thanks DBHS for excellent leadership!

Daniel Boone High School
1440 Suncrest Dr, Gray, TN  37615
Last modified Daniel Boone High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniel Boone High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top