Greenbrier, TN

Greenbrier Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2015
My child was in 2nd grade at ges and it was the worst year of school he has ever had. He was always asking me why his teacher didn't like him, why his teacher let kids in his class bully him and beat him up and every time I had ever seen his teacher talk to any of the students she would alway be little them. I had went to have lunch with my child a sometimes and every time I saw a teacher they we're being so rude to the kids. One time I walked into to have lunch and a fellow classmate of my child's was cry horribly because his teacher was yelling at her. Not to mention every single time I went to go have lunch with my child the staff treats you like you are bothering them when you sign in. My child was bullied everyday, when I talked to the teacher she said it was my sons fault. When I had tried to talk to the principle they always direct you to the vice principle. And even that was no good. my nephew also attended this school or kindergarten and he has special needs, when my sister and I went to the school to talk about why he was not changing his pull-up during the day then nurse told my sister and myself that its just like a 5 year old that needs medicine, if they don't take responsabilty themselves for it then that's on them. After my sister talked to the vice priciple then my nephew was finally able to get a pull-up from the nurse but then made to change it I front of his classmates. He was called a baby, told he wore diapers and a whole bunch of other things. He was also being beat up at recess for it. When my sister tried to handle it she got the run around. My nephew now has problems about him having to wear a pull-up because he feels ashamed for his bladder exstrophy in which he was born with. This school is the WORST school. The schools in greenbrier are very bad with bullying. The middle school I was told from my child's counselor that he started seeing that the schools here have the highest amount of children in therapy because of bullying. Never would I recommend this school to anyone!!!

Posted October 20, 2014
I absolutely love this school. My parents moved our family here when I was in high school. I always dreamed of going back "home", but the teachers at this school truly are amazing. My son is now in third grade and absolutely loves his teacher. He has loved every teacher he has had so far. Greenbrier is an amazing school and I thank heaven every day that this new zoning plan does not effect him. The staff here is wonderful. I don't think I could find a better school for my children.

Greenbrier Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2013
Greenbrier Elementary is a good school. Leadership is kind, fair and addresses issues in the best interest of students. Teachers work well together in grade level teams to insure best teaching methods are applied and student growth is the goal. The PTO is strong and present; monthly meetings are held. There are a few clubs including Jr. Honors and many ways to get involved. AR is addressed well and reading is important school-wide. Communication between school and home is another strong point. The school is fresh and clean (expect the boys restrooms). Parents feel welcomed.

Posted April 10, 2013
My children came from another district which is considered elite in middle Tennessee. That was wrong! They are learning so much more at GES and they love their teachers. They are having to adjust to the course work but the teachers are so readily available to help. The communication has been outstanding.

Posted August 15, 2012
We had an awesome Kindergarten Teacher and a wonderful experience there last year. I just wish we were able to stay in their district.

Posted August 13, 2012
This school is very welcoming to parents. We were new to the school last year . I asked the office staff what, if any, volunteer jobs i could do. I was given plenty to do! I always feel welcome there. I did not like not being able to drop my child off at her classroom, but I also understand, there is no way that the number of parents at he school could park and go inside the school. With over 800 students, there simply is no space. I would ay to those who complain about no parental involvement, just ask. The teachers have all been very communicative and interested in my child's adjustment to a new school. .

Posted February 08, 2009
I attended Greenbrier Elementary and am pleased that my children attend the same wonderful school as my husband and I. This school is part of a wonderful and caring community that has lots of pride in its young Bobcats. We did experience a little bump in the road, but thanks to an administration change this year, our school is again one of the best! Many of the teachers and staff are from this community, as well as the current administrator. The compassion and respect they show the students is remarkable. I am proud to be a part of the Bobcat community!

Posted February 07, 2009
I have been very pleased with my child's education at Greenbrier Elementary. My child's teachers are excellent, and he has always had very good teachers. I believe the administration and staff are making learning a top priority. I wouldn't want him to go anywhere else.

Greenbrier Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2009
I have one child who spent about 2 months there and we yanked him out because we feel his needs were not being met. Some members of the staff were snappy and aides were unhelpful and uncaring. The classroom seemed to be terribly understaffed.

Posted October 16, 2008
This is my child's second year at this school, and I feel unwelcome anytime I go to the school. The staff is rude and doesn't make you feel like you are even in existence. They only reward the students whose parents donate money for whatever they are collecting for the week. good behavior and good grades are hardly even acknowledged but , if your child makes on elittle mistake they are going to cause a big fuss. I hope we move next year so my child can go to a diff school.

2658 Highway 41, Greenbrier, TN  37073
Last modified Greenbrier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top