Harrison, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted April 02, 2014
DON T BE FOOLED BY THE STARS OR RATING. THIS IS A HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!! These parents were also yelling at her that the District Office told them the children would be out at 11:00. I was standing there in my uniform telling the principle the same thing but she insisted that the children were not supposed to be out until 11:30. I told her I had the voicemail that I would play for her and when I went to play it she ran into her office to get away from me. I actually had to chase her into her office to play the voicemail for her in front of her staff and she then agreed to let the children go. This lady needs to be fired as the principle!!! Around spring time my daughters teacher began to yell more and more at the class and actually blame them that over 80% of them failed some sort of test while the other two 5th grade classes passed. With such a high failure rate on one class is clearly indicative of a poor teaching job not a poor performance by the students. CONTINUED IN ANOTHER POST.

Posted April 02, 2014
DON T BE FOOLED BY THE STARS OR RATING. THIS IS A HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!! During the winter time the schools closed early when the roads became ice. All parents were called by the Hamilton County District Schools main office and were informed that the children will be released at 11:00. When I showed up to the school at 11:15 after battling the icy conditions none of the children were outside. Upon entering the school one of the teachers told me that the principle would not release the children until 11:30. I had another daughter at the high school that needed to be picked up as well since she was also in the Hamilton County School District and would now have to wait outside for me while I was stuck waiting on the elementary school principle to release the children. The teacher told me to go to the front office and make them pull my child from her class. Upon reaching the front office there were around 40 parents yelling at the principle telling her that they needed to get their child and pick up another child at another school. CONTINUED IN ANOTHER POST.

Posted April 02, 2014
DON T BE FOOLED BY THE STARS OR RATING. THIS IS A HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!! This teacher continually yells at the students and it is even bad enough where one of the students has begun to keep count of the number of times he is yelling at the class. In less than 2 weeks time this teacher has yelled at the students over 100 times and to the point where my daughter says his entire face become red and his veins are popping out. I know this is a long write up but I hope that it will help prevent another parent from making their child suffer at this school.

Posted February 13, 2014
THis school is horrible dont ever send your kids here!! Where to even start, they claim they are a highly rated school yet my daughter who is in fifth grade has learned nothing all year the teacher has been saying that he is just reviewing because of the other kids being so behind in class he uses every excuse to be absent and sends a sub or they split the kids between classes cause they dont have a sub all the teacher ever does is scream, he constantly misplaces their turned in work and blames the kids for losing them and then finds them later because his wife has moved them some where else, he never lets the kids go outside its been 3 months and they dont get to go outside to play. My daughter who never before wanted to miss school dreads going each day is bored. Security is horrible cars drive into parking lots i have seen many kids almost get hit by cars in the parking lot where people should not be in the first place, people smoke on school grounds talking to the principal does nothing she doesnt care she is only there to collect a paycheck tan her orange hide and eat taco bell. avoid sending your kids to this horrible school

Posted October 12, 2010
I love all the staff. My daughters' have learned so much at this school

Posted October 11, 2010
Excellent school, and the teachers are wonderful. The office staff is extremely helpful and always greet you with a warm sincere smile!

Harrison Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2009

Posted January 18, 2009
Daughter went to school here for exactly 1 quarter. She was way ahead of the kids in her class, and nothing was done when I repeatedly asked if she could be tested into the gifted program. She was terribly bored. The kids in her class were too unruly for her teacher to keep under control, and were not held accountable for their actions. The final straw was when a fight broke out between 2 boys in the class while the teacher WAS NOT in the room (why the kids were unsupervised was never addressed), and my daughter was accidently punched in the back of the head when one boy missed hitting the other. We pulled her immediately, never recieved an apology or ever heard if there was even anything done to the boys who were fighting. This should NOT be happening in 4th grade.

Posted August 03, 2008
I have a son who attends Harrison Elementary. Our family absolutely enjoy the school and the teachers.

Harrison Elementary School
5637 Hwy 58 North, Harrison, TN  37341
Last modified Harrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top