Bad
Good

My daughter has attended from Kindergarten till 3rd grade and it has been a wonderful experience. Her teachers are very professional and I respect the principal. My child especially enjoys the music and art programs, and the after school clubs. She has made wonderful friends from diverse backgrounds. I couldn't ask for a better place for my daughter to be educated. I hope the county will add more technology education in the future.

I feel there have been major improvements made at Gene Brown. I agree that the cafeteria needs some improvement there and the staff shouldn't yell at the students but the students also need to learn to use indoor voices and not shout across the table at someone. Teachers need to sit with their students once in a while and some students need to be taught table manners and etiquette because not everyone is taught at home. I think the teachers who work with the students who have an IEP are the best! There are some great teachers that do deserve recognition for doing a great job and there are a few who seem to only be there for a paycheck and those are the few who need to be replaced. My child had one of the best teachers but had a difficult bunch of students one year and the next year his teacher was stern and demanded respect and didn't put up with unruly students. This year my child has a new teacher to the school and again it's another amazing year. Each year got better and better. And they all genuinely cared for my child. I wish he didn't have to graduate to middle school.

The cafe is way too small. Ive been there with my younger cousin. She also does not like it . She said the.chicken Had bugs in it. Now from.what i heard and what o seen its not a very. Good school.

I have to agree with the post for Aug. 14th - sorry! This school is a mess. I had my daughter there briefly and did not hesitate to take her out. Apart from the fact that she felt very unsafe there, the teacher she had was rude (even to me) and the standard of teaching is way below other schools. I reported an incident that took place in the classroom, that I thought required principal and parent involvement and she basically acknowledged my concern and wished me all the best. The lunchroom - well, that's another story. If you want your children to be herded along like cows or sheep - well enough said! And please tell them not to speak during lunch since the lights are dimmed and they are told they were talking - weird since it is there lunchbreak. I agree, they need to start again with this school.

I loved this school! This was where my first born attended school for the first time. She loved it and was so excited to return each day. Mrs. Goad was her teacher. She is the best. She was definitely on top of everything in that class and really helped the kids see that learning could be fun. My daughter has taken much from this school and is now in the 4th grade and wished every year that she was still attending Gene Brown! We unfortunately had to move and this is our reason she is not currently enrolled there now.

this school is awesome! I recomend everyone to go there..

This is a wonderful school. Principal Binkley is Incredible. The teachers all have such a heart for the kids. We were a little worried about public school but we couldn't be any happier. It has been such a blessing.

I can't say enough great things about this school and it's staff. I've heard it called 'the best kept secret in Hendersonville' and I totally agree.

great school, great principal, great teachers. I would recommend this school to anyone.My first grader is very happy. Unfortunately we have to move soon , we hope our next school is as good.

Gene Brown Elementary is a great school despite the poor condition of the physical plant. The teachers do an absolutely wonderful job of preparing the kids for success down the road. We had a child transfer from GWB to Merrol Hyde Magnet School seamlessly. The teachers and administrators are caring, loving and they push the kids appropriately. We feel blessed to be part of GWB. Our third grader is doing well and his attitude about going to school is enthusiastic. GWB rocks!

Last modified Gene W. Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.