Hendersonville, TN

Posted August 29, 2013
This is a great school and has very good and dedicated teachers. I think all who are associated with the school are happy with the way the children are educated and cared for.

George A Whitten Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2010
As far as communication with parents in the upper grades, this does seem to be a problem. We have traveled to many place and my daughter has been to a few schools. Registration day has always been a time at other schools to get to know each of the teachers, and for the teachers to get to know each student and parent individually while they could. I took my daughter for reg day, and the teacher didn't seem interested to know about my daughter and concerns I may have had. She seemed to rush us through. I didn't like that much and still don't. But over all my daughter seems to get along well there. The kids are all really nice and she says she likes her teacher. I do like some of the programs they do as well to ensure that all the kids get along.

George A Whitten Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2010

Posted March 18, 2010
My children have been students at this school for 5 years, I have participated in the PTO and substituted as a teacher there. The staff are courteous and friendly, the principal is an amazing leader and the admosphere is a pleasant one . My two daughters have loved all of their teachers. There is a general feeling of encouragement to learn and walk above the line there. It's a no nonsense challenging school with high standards for learning and fairness for the students, teachers and parents. I love this school.

George A Whitten Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2010
we just moved to the area and have been very disappointed. They score my 2nd grader as being on a 4th grade reading level. If their fourth grades are reading at my son's level, who is slightly above average in most schools, then I feel for them, The amount of time we have put into my kindergartner just to get her on the proper level she would have been had we not moved is ridiculous. that being said, its not lack of effort on the part of the teachers.its a really bad curriculum. It called 'Reading Street' and districts buy it because its cheap. It actually slows kids down on purpose so that they are all on the same level.

George A Whitten Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2008
The younger grades were great,seemed to take alot of time w/ the children's learning....The upper grades(3-5) seemed to want to rush thru material,focusing more on test scores than actually seeing if the child has mastered the material. One exception was ms. Brooks in 4th grade,she's awesome!Loved her positive attitude and teachings.Also,communication seemed to drop once my child got into third grade....My child's attitude about school changed dramatically too!

Posted August 09, 2008
My daughter had Ms. Carlton last year and she was wonderful,A+! The school has a great staff and parents are always helping out with the school. We were planning on moving but are staying just so our daughters can attend Whitten.

Posted February 10, 2008
George A. Whitten Elementary is a very family oriented elementary school with a very close faculty. Each faculty member loves their job of working with children.

Posted September 14, 2007

Posted April 16, 2007

George A Whitten Elementary School
140 Scotch St, Hendersonville, TN  37075
Last modified George A Whitten Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George A Whitten Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top