Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 12, 2016
We've had an amazing experience with this school!! The teachers and staff work very hard to challenge and meet the needs of the diverse learners. The teachers and principal have always taken my concerns seriously and quickly resolved them. There have been some "hiccups" in the PTO, but it is currently being resolved with multiple resignations. They are currently re-organizing the PTO and look forward to a great academic 2016-2017 school year.

Posted April 27, 2016
LOVE this school! i went here as a child, just purchased my childhood home and now my daughters go/will go here. The teachers are amazing and always keep you in the loop!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted February 19, 2016
Our teacher is always quick to email back but never wants to resolve any of my concerns just "sweep them under the rug"

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted February 19, 2016
My student can do her weekly homework in 10 minutes it's not challenging enough .

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 19, 2016
The students are expected to behave and respect the staff. Also they are expected to be well mannered

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 19, 2016
Certain students have excluded my child and nothing had been done. In fact it's been encouraged for them to have cliques. I'm glad it doesn't bother my child but it bothers me that the teacher let's it go on

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted February 19, 2016
I'm not sure as far as the principal and other teachers but our teacher isn't very fair she has picked favorites

George A Whitten Elementary School 1

Posted February 19, 2016
We have a kindergartner and have had the worst experience at this school. Teacher doesn't take parents concerns seriously, doesn't allow free flowing thoughts from the children. The pto is a joke almost non existent, hardly any events, no parent involvement. We are moving out of this district because of our terrible experience. Do not send your child here. Worst school in hendersonville!

Posted August 29, 2013
This is a great school and has very good and dedicated teachers. I think all who are associated with the school are happy with the way the children are educated and cared for.

George A Whitten Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2010
As far as communication with parents in the upper grades, this does seem to be a problem. We have traveled to many place and my daughter has been to a few schools. Registration day has always been a time at other schools to get to know each of the teachers, and for the teachers to get to know each student and parent individually while they could. I took my daughter for reg day, and the teacher didn't seem interested to know about my daughter and concerns I may have had. She seemed to rush us through. I didn't like that much and still don't. But over all my daughter seems to get along well there. The kids are all really nice and she says she likes her teacher. I do like some of the programs they do as well to ensure that all the kids get along.

140 Scotch Street, Hendersonville, TN  37075
Last modified George A Whitten Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.