Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We've had an amazing experience with this school!! The teachers and staff work very hard to challenge and meet the needs of the diverse learners. The teachers and principal have always taken my concerns seriously and quickly resolved them. There have been some "hiccups" in the PTO, but it is currently being resolved with multiple resignations. They are currently re-organizing the PTO and look forward to a great academic 2016-2017 school year.

LOVE this school! i went here as a child, just purchased my childhood home and now my daughters go/will go here. The teachers are amazing and always keep you in the loop!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Our teacher is always quick to email back but never wants to resolve any of my concerns just "sweep them under the rug"

Amount of homework: Disagree

My student can do her weekly homework in 10 minutes it's not challenging enough .

Develops character: Neutral

I'm not sure as far as the principal and other teachers but our teacher isn't very fair she has picked favorites

We have a kindergartner and have had the worst experience at this school. Teacher doesn't take parents concerns seriously, doesn't allow free flowing thoughts from the children. The pto is a joke almost non existent, hardly any events, no parent involvement. We are moving out of this district because of our terrible experience. Do not send your child here. Worst school in hendersonville!

This is a great school and has very good and dedicated teachers. I think all who are associated with the school are happy with the way the children are educated and cared for.

As far as communication with parents in the upper grades, this does seem to be a problem. We have traveled to many place and my daughter has been to a few schools. Registration day has always been a time at other schools to get to know each of the teachers, and for the teachers to get to know each student and parent individually while they could. I took my daughter for reg day, and the teacher didn't seem interested to know about my daughter and concerns I may have had. She seemed to rush us through. I didn't like that much and still don't. But over all my daughter seems to get along well there. The kids are all really nice and she says she likes her teacher. I do like some of the programs they do as well to ensure that all the kids get along.

My children have been students at this school for 5 years, I have participated in the PTO and substituted as a teacher there. The staff are courteous and friendly, the principal is an amazing leader and the admosphere is a pleasant one . My two daughters have loved all of their teachers. There is a general feeling of encouragement to learn and walk above the line there. It's a no nonsense challenging school with high standards for learning and fairness for the students, teachers and parents. I love this school.

we just moved to the area and have been very disappointed. They score my 2nd grader as being on a 4th grade reading level. If their fourth grades are reading at my son's level, who is slightly above average in most schools, then I feel for them, The amount of time we have put into my kindergartner just to get her on the proper level she would have been had we not moved is ridiculous. that being said, its not lack of effort on the part of the teachers.its a really bad curriculum. It called 'Reading Street' and districts buy it because its cheap. It actually slows kids down on purpose so that they are all on the same level.

Last modified George A Whitten Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.