Hendersonville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,322

Beech Sr High School 3

Posted November 20, 2013
I'm an alumnus. I don't think Beech is an especially bad or good school academically. Certainly there are a majority of public schools that require more improvement. I think the most glaring problem is a failure to recognize and foster academic talent. Save a teacher or maybe two, no one tells the gifted students at Beech enough about their options post-graduation. Many students who would thrive at a rigorous university are unaware that it is even a possibility. Whether the barrier be a lack of awareness about financial aid or a lack of self-confidence in applying to top tier schools, teachers must recognize and encourage gifted students to achieve what they're capable of. On a side note, the guidance counseling is almost non-existent. If you do meet with them, they'll tell you about the great opportunities waiting at vol state.

Beech Sr High School 2

Posted October 01, 2013
Some of the teachers are really good and then you have some who are just there for the paycheck as with anywhere else. The main problem with this school is lack of leadership. My child has been bullied time and again at this school and reported it time and again but evidently there is no zero tolerance policy here. Kids do whatever they want and the pricipal; needs to retire and get someone who cares about the direction of the school and students in there.

Posted February 18, 2010
I hate this school sometimes. Most the people in it are mean and make fun of other people. The teachers are great and most of the people are too but there's always the few that aren't great. I dont like beech and thats why im going to night school.

Beech Sr High School 5

Posted October 24, 2009
This school is a great school, with excellent teachers! Student excel in extra-curricular activities on the state and national level including DECA competitions, Mock Trial, Beta Club, HOSA, FFA, FBLA, etc.

Beech Sr High School 5

Posted October 22, 2009
I'm a freshman at Beech and, it being my first year and all, am thrilled to be welcomed into this school with open arms. The teachers are awesome, and they pretty much let us do as we please but not to the point where you are goofing off and getting into trouble. They allow you plenty of social time but expect you to be responsible with the privileges they give you. Over all it's a great school for the students and parents to be involved in.

Posted April 11, 2009
I have a daughter Class of 2003 and a son currently at Beech High. I feel that academically they can choose to be challenged or choose not to. Both of my children have thrived in the music program and have enjoyed their academic classes. I appreciate the faculty and the community support and the atmosphere that everyone seems to be accepted. I especially appreciate the way the Special needs students are totally a part of the school with tremendous affection and outpouring of nurturing from the other kids. I think Beech is a great community school.

Beech Sr High School 1

Posted February 12, 2009
Many of the teachers have control issues. When asked, as a parent, how we can help our children we have been told: 'Well, they aren't at the top of the class and they aren't at the bottom, so we suggest doing nothing.' Principals seem too caught up in trying to alienate children instead of brining them in. Wish our kids could go somewhere else.

Posted September 19, 2008
I think that some of the teachers are great! Some of the teachers seem too busy to grade papers in a timely fashion while others give quick feedback. Some teachers are willing to help a student when help is needed, but others are there only the required time. I do think that the assistant principals are very attentive and fair.

Posted January 28, 2008
My 2 children attend and we love the participation by parents and teachers. My son will graduate this year and my daughter next year. We love the support given and time taken by faculty to encourage our children.

3126 Long Hollow Pike, Hendersonville, TN  37075
Last modified Beech Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beech Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top