No rating

Hendersonville Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 11 students

Living in Hendersonville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $183,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted July 23, 2012

I have an 8th grader and 5th grader at HCA and we have had a very positive experience. THe environement is safe and the teachers and staff have always been available anytime we had a need or question. The teachers are ALWAYS available for before/ after school tutoring and handle situations in a Christ like fashion. We have been very happy and look forward to another stellar year!

Posted July 20, 2012

He have had nothing but a Great experience with HCA. The teacher's there just love on your children and wants what's best for them. The staff is great for always letting you know of things going on and events coming up. I can not say anything bad about this school, we have been very pleased!!

Posted July 20, 2012

I have been involved with HCA for 5 years. My son started in K-3 and is now in 3rd grade. He is an excellent reader and can spell any word you ask him to spell! It is wonderful to see him grow and learn in a loving, caring enviornment. The class sizes are small, the opportunities for the students to grow and learn are available, and the teachers are well educated. Mr. Slater has done a fabulous job leading, guiding and directing the school. I thank God for HCA!

Posted July 19, 2012

We have been at HCA for several years. I cant say enough good things about the caring Godly staff that are with my children every day. I know my children are learning from expereinced teachers and are walking with God daily. I would highly reccomend this scgool for any age.

Posted May 15, 2012

Wonderful school. An incredible environment for my children to be in, exactly what I want for my kids. The staff and faculty are great, they live the principles I want my children to have, they serve as great role models. The academic level is challenging and rewarding.

Posted July 26, 2011

Preschool program was a good experience for my child. He had a great teacher and the children and parents were wonferful. My child went there at 3 and is now 7 and still has friends from the class, as do I with some parents. There is a lot of clicks with the parents and staff though, and I often felt out of place, which should not be happening with adults but sadly it does. I think the elementary is good, but the high school academics are lacking. Overall it was a good experience for my child.

Posted April 25, 2011

HCA is a terrific school. When we moved to TN we weren't sure where our kids would attend. They were in a Christian school in another state. Several people recommended HCA and we are glad they did. We are thankful for the emphasis on faith and academics. The kids are excited about learning.

Posted April 23, 2011

Excellent school. Our children have been in two other private, Christian schools and HCA is by far the best. The teachers care for each of the students and the administration listens to suggestions. We like the emphasis on fine arts. Our kids achievement test scores have been very good.

Posted April 15, 2011

All of our children attended HCA from elementary school through high school. We found excellent, caring teachers and very good leadership. Our kids still talk about what they learned at HCA. Our youngest is in college right now and our oldest have finished college.

Posted March 31, 2011

As a graduate of HCA I appreciate the preparation I received for college. My GPA in high school was pretty good and I have about the same GPA in college. I was able to get into my college of first choice and received some academic scholarships.

Posted February 11, 2011

This school is pretty good until you get into the high school level. At that point, the education goes down hill. There are not enough classes offered and a couple of the teachers should not be teaching anything! The academic level is substandard, but the Christian environment is what you are paying for. My child should have been able to do much better on their ACT tests, but they just didn't know the material. The sports are good and the fine arts that are offered. I like the smaller atmosphere, but there are issues with some administrators.

Posted November 29, 2010

We have been very happy with HCA for each of our four children. Parents are encouraged to be involved. It is very common for parents to volunteer for all sorts of things. There are two different parent groups - HCA Ambassadors and the Advancement Team.

Posted June 16, 2010

I would not recommend this school. Please, before you send your childen here: be sure that you are okay with having NO say in the education or policies; and are prepared to put up with alot of student issues like bullying, teasing and fighting. Some of the teachers are great, but others are just not . The experience was very hurtful, not what I expected from a Christian school.

Posted May 20, 2010

Have been pleased with preschool - 3rd grade. Anything beyond that has been very disappointing. Huge bullying problem that does not seem to be dealt with. Are not interested in parent-teacher type program....even for feedback purposes. Just disappointed.....

Posted January 25, 2010

The staff doesn't deal with bullying. They allow students to bully other students online and during school hours on cell phones.

Posted October 4, 2007

This is the best school. I loved attending there. It provided with a fabulous education and prepared me for college in so many ways. The teachers are amazing and they are always willing to help those in their classes. Sports are great. They have an excellent headmaster and high school principal. I would not have choosen to attend any where else.

Posted June 8, 2004

A great school with top-notch education! The teachers and administration truly care about your child's well-being -- emotionally, physically, intellectually, and spiritually. Teachers always have the time to talk to you. You feel as if they are there to help you educate your child -- not that they are there to educate your child and you can be involved as long as you don't disagree with them. And the education is consistently excellent. My child scores well-above average on his national and statewide achievement tests even though he is just an average student in his class. I highly recommend the school. It's small enough to provide my child with individualized attention but large enough to provide him with sufficient social interaction and extracurricular activities.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

355 Old Shackle Island Road