PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Due to moving to Hendersonville My Daughter transferred to HCA as a junior from another Christian High school. It has been an easy transition for her, everyone has been friendly and helpful.

We have been at HCA for 10+ years. We have had a wonderful experience. Great communication with staff, safe environment and being taught biblical principals.

The teachers and administrators at this school are always working to improve the school. They are open to suggestions and really work with parents.

Amount of homework: Disagree

15 minutes of homework dos not prepare you for college. Many people will likely fail college or do very poorly because of the lack of work.

Develops character: Disagree

As far as honesty and integrity goes, this school has very little. For staters, it does not hold its teachers accountable. For two of my classes, the teacher constantly did not show up or showed up very late. He would sit on his computer most of the class and at the end begin teaching. Me as well as many of my peers agreed that he did not teach us anything and would joke when we had a sub saying "Hey, we may actually learn something today!" On multiple occasions, the principle had walked in asking where the teacher was and no one knew. I think the principle may have talked to him on occasion because he would get to class on time for the next couple of days, but still stay on his computer much of the class time. Also, the teachers are VERY lax when it comes to cheating on tests and quizzes. People use phone, talk, try to cheat VERY obviously and either the teacher is totally blind. This has promoted more cheating among the student body. All that said, the teachers do tend to be fair to all of the students. I have never heard anyone discriminated against, or heard of anyone graded worse because of their beliefs.

My son just started his 9th-grade year at HCA. We are new to the area. This school has been a tremendous blessing to him. Not only is he receiving a great education, but he hears and discusses God's word during each class period. Lunch and learns are even hosted each month separately for the middle and high school boys and girls that focus on tough issues they face every day. This school is truly educating my child in a Christlike manner. My son also has some learning issues and they have been more than happy to honor accommodations prescribed for him.

Hendersonville Christian Academy provides a quality education in a Christian environment. It is a place to call home where each student is invested in consistently.

My child has been attending HCA since Pre-K. The school year will end in less than 2 months, and it will be the last grade he will attend with this school. I am very disappointed and have been for a couple of grades now with the faculty and substandard education my child is currently receiving. I have never had any real communication with any of the teachers even though I reach out consistently and make myself readily available in attempts to make my child's education as meaningful as possible. Unless you are one of the "elite" in this school, be prepared to basically sit back and feel as though you have no say in any aspect involving this school. My child has been bullied, antagonized, and ridiculed by other students for a couple of grades now. The only thing ever done to remedy the problem is for my child to be disciplined when defending himself. Whenever he has reached out to staff, it is almost always brushed off and he has more than once been told he is a "tattle tale" for seeking help. The curriculum in my opinion is nowhere near the level you expect a private institution to offer. Good luck.

I have an 8th grader and 5th grader at HCA and we have had a very positive experience. THe environement is safe and the teachers and staff have always been available anytime we had a need or question. The teachers are ALWAYS available for before/ after school tutoring and handle situations in a Christ like fashion. We have been very happy and look forward to another stellar year!

He have had nothing but a Great experience with HCA. The teacher's there just love on your children and wants what's best for them. The staff is great for always letting you know of things going on and events coming up. I can not say anything bad about this school, we have been very pleased!!

Last modified Hendersonville Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12