School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As a newcomer to the area, it's nice how everyone in the JA school community is so friendly and welcoming. The PTO is open to ideas and they encourage new families to get involved. It's easy to see why this is a Reward School! Everyone is happy and goes the extra mile.
June 16, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted June 13, 2016
I have had a child at JAE for the last seven years. This is an amazing school for so many reasons. The administration and staff go above and beyond day after day to provide a great, high quality education while still keeping fun activities in each day for students. The STEM Lab and weekly tasks are so much fun for students and spark great conversations at home about science and physics, even thought the students do not realize that is what they are learning. In our family, we are also able to have great conversations about STEM related careers with our children. The PTO and overall parent support and involvement cannot be topped anywhere. Jack Anderson realizes that it takes a village to raise a child. I am thankful to have my children in this amazing place!

Posted June 11, 2016
The dedication that the teachers and principals show the children are second to none. The love for the children go beyond the classroom into their family lives. This along with the detail that goes along with their academic curriculum puts Jack Anderson at the top the list!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 11, 2016
Integrity flows from the top down. I cannot say enough positive things about our administration through the teachers and all the parent volunteers .

Posted June 10, 2016
My husband and I are extremely thankful to be a part of the Jack Anserson community. Our three oldest children have all attended Jack Anderson since kindergarten and our youngest will start next year. My entire family loves our elementary school for its nurturing environment, commitment to educational excellence, and many teachers and staff members that have shared their knowledge and kindness in helping us raise our boys. The administration's dedication to STEM and providing necessary resources to grow this program is an attribute that can't be found in any other school within our district. The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing each child with outstanding resources to meet each child's individual learning needs. We love the small community feel within our neighborhood school. Jack Anderson truly can't be beat!

Posted June 10, 2016
After reflecting back on this school year, I want to share my family’s appreciation and success with our neighborhood elementary school, Jack Anderson. We relocated to Hendersonville in the summer of 2011. Being a “newbie” to the area, we were beyond nervous in regards to the local school. My son is a Type1 Diabetic and has been diagnosed with Asperger’s. Our experience in the past four years at this school has been nothing short of incredible! The acceptance, patience and skill the teachers and staff have instilled with my son are remarkable! He has shown an incredible boost in self-confidence and has learned things I never thought he would due to the dedicated teaching staff. Each year that passes, we feel incredibly lucky to be part of such a remarkable elementary school! *Side note….My preschooler is so excited to start as a Kindergartner in the fall, that she convinced me to purchase a JAE t-shirt for her to wear and show off to the world this summer! Love this place!

Jack Anderson Elementary STEM School 3

Posted June 01, 2016
We moved to the area when my son was in kindergarten. I sought out the area because of the great ratings for Jack Anderson. I quickly learned that this school is great...with academics, activities and its STEM lab. I also within weeks saw there is very little inclusion of other races and ethnicities. In first grade my son was told to get books from the library so he could learn about his people and tell the class about what he read. He was called a liar by other students because those things (slavery) didn't happen. I was told if I wanted diversity, I could come teach a class about it. The teachers (the ones he had) are all about classroom perfection. My son made mostly A's and some B's and was on an almost 5th grade reading level. Yet it was suggested by his 2nd grade teacher that he repeat 1st grade so he could mature some because he was the youngest in the class. Their lack of diversity and overwillingness to lump kids into an ADHD category when they don't want to deal with them is nausesting. The best day came when we moved out of JAE district.

Posted September 20, 2015
We are so blessed to be a part of such an amazing school! The advances Jack Anderson Elementary is making in STEM education is nothing short of amazing! ALL students in K-5 are immersed in hands-on STEM seminars each quarter. Plus they work together every week on a "STEMtasktic Friday Challenge" that helps prepare them for college and careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. The teachers and staff are amazing! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM. They are not only dedicated to teaching and engaging our students, but also loving them well! Our related arts programs are unmatched from the amazing Art Gallery that is filled with student made art in virtually every medium possible, to the greatest physical education activities and programs around. We have it going on at JAE!!

Posted June 16, 2015
- a school leader

Posted February 11, 2015
I have nothing but great things to say about Jack Anderson! When I walk through the door, the office staff is there with a smile on their face and willing to assist. My kids love the teachers. They go above and beyond to help them surpass their goals. JAE has an involved PTO that supports the needs of the school to push the learning boundaries. My children rave about the STEM lab the PTO helped fund. Their favorite experiment in the lab this year has been making flashlights. The PTO also installed an art gallery in the front hallway. My children love seeing their pottery pieces and paintings on display. Who knew you could get private school amenities in a public school. We are lucky to be zoned for Jack Anderson.

Posted February 09, 2015
I have had a child at JAE for the past 9 years. They have had wonderful teachers in all grades. The STEM lab is a great addition to the school! My son enjoyed making a flashlight and making a volcano explode. The hand-on learning is excellent. The staff is very loving and caring. Our family loves JAE!

250 Shute Lane, Hendersonville, TN  37075
Last modified Jack Anderson Elementary STEM School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.