Hendersonville, TN
Before care: Yes

Hendersonville Montessori Academy 2

Posted December 04, 2014
We have older children so this was the 3rd Montessori school we have experienced. Classroom materials were familiar and staff obviously received extensive training in how to present work. Communication was limited with teachers. During conferences the director had to be present. She had little interaction with the kids so it was cumbersome to discuss progress and concerns with her. Children were sent to the director if they were being disruptive. She then called parents to discipline via speakerphone or sent the child home. Montessori peace and normalizing methods were not employed. There seemed to be a lack of training in classroom management and behavior regulation overall. It was often loud and chaotic in the classroom. The outdoor space was lovely, but if poor weather kids' movement needs were not alternatively met. There was not a solid 3 hour work period. In the future we would not pursue a Montessori school without AMS certification. If your child is an ideal student this school does offer Montessori work in an affordable environment. If you have any concerns that your child might not normalize quickly I'd encourage you to look elsewhere before signing an annual contract.

Posted September 14, 2012
This is my son's 3rd year at HMA and I can not believe how much he has grown. He is now in 1st grade and LOVING every day! Each night we talk about the things he is learning and he is so excited to share. Not only is this school academic, but they also focus on nutrition, manners, problem solving, public speaking, recycling and the planet earth. The school recently was expanded and now their "outdoor" classroom lessons are one of my son's favorite things. You are not going to find endless hours of homework when you get home, but you will be amazed with the amount of drive and curiosity your independent children will express. Each child is treated as an individual and their education plan has no limits!

Posted April 06, 2012
My child has been attending HMA for two years and will continue until his grade level is no longer offered. What he has learned in two years is amazing. When I pick him up from school, the first thing he says is, "Why are you here so early?". He LOVES school! He consistently tells me, "School is awesome!". People are constantly amazed at what I tell them he is learning as a kindergartener. The great thing is that they tailor his learning to his ability. The teachers are wonderful! HMA is the best investment we could make in our child. Are you happy with your child's elementary school? Consider Hendersonville Montessori Academy!

Hendersonville Montessori Academy 3

Posted August 17, 2011
This is a safe school where the teachers are lovely people who genuinely care about the children. That said, the academics are lacking (my child made almost no academic progress while attending)and they feed the kids snacks like pudding and twinkies on a regular basis. Also, EVERY DAY at 4-ish the TV is turned on for the remaining kids to watch until their parents pick them up. Having attended another Montessori, I can say HMA ts a good school, but not a great one. They give a Montessori handbook when you start, yet break several of the tennants of the Montessori method every day. I would not send another child there.

Posted June 17, 2011
The teachers at CDMS will unlock the potential in your child. Both my kids love the school, adore the teachers and most importantly love to learn. I like small & protective environment. Great place to start your toddler or pre K child. Its the only small school that offers great diverse environment. The director is firm & fair. A great learning environment.

Hendersonville Montessori Academy 0

Posted November 20, 2009
Country Day has been amazing for both my daughter and myself! The wisdom and knowledge the staff has in working with children and their ability to understand how the mind of a child operates is fascinating. Not only has the school helped my daughter to grow, they have helped me grow as a parent. My daughter is doing things in 1st grade that I didn't do until 6th! If you want to join an educational family and really watch your child bloom, I recommend this school!

Posted February 24, 2009
It has been several years now, but the early education my son received at CDMS was excellent. The little guys have necessary structure, but because it is Montessori, they are also taught to be self motivated & to think for themselves.

Posted January 31, 2009
My child has been at CDMS for three years. It is a wonderful experience. My child is challenged academically and has learned an incredible amount in a variety of areas.

Posted August 12, 2008
I love this school and the Montessori Method followed here. Both my children have attended Country Day and I wish the school went through High School! I feel the teachers cared about each of my children as a whole person, academically, socially and physically. I strongly recommend Country Day.

Posted August 05, 2008
My son has attented school at cdm since he was 23 months, WE LOVE IT. The teachers there did wonders for my son. He has gone from a discipline problem to an independant strong learner with wonderful manners and a thirst for knowledge. This school is well worth the money.

Hendersonville Montessori Academy
162 New Shackle Island Road, Hendersonville, TN  37075
Last modified Hendersonville Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Hendersonville Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top