Bad
Good

I'm very pleased with this school both of my children have attended Henry.I feel they are getting a great education.

Not happy with this school at all. There is a major breakdown in communication between teachers, parents and students. We had more than a few things happen that was very unsatisfactory. Myself and others attended Henry years ago and it was a great school. We had teachers that cared about our education and they actually loved what they did. And trust me it showed about as much as it shows now that the teachers there now would rather be somewhere else. So to Mr. Muzzall and all the teachers that where there with you.....I want to say thank you for caring enough to give us the great education that you once were able to receive at Henry!

I have attended henry since first grade i think that some teachers have certain standards they set for their students if the students don't follow them they get in trouble. Mrs.Ellis is one of the best teachers along with Mrs. Barrow they are great teachers they know what they expect and if it is not achieved they make there students achieve it by hard work and consideration.

I am very unhappy with the education my children are receiving. If I could I would take them to Paris Elem. or Lakewood School. Henry School abuses the "no child left behind " instead of educating the children they give them a coloring page an pass them along so it looks good to the state. I must give credit to SOME of the teachers, we have had a few "Great" ones that were wonderfull. We have also had some that are only there for the pay check. Most of my childrens friends have been moved to other schools because the education, activities, athletics are just not there.

My dad, aunts, sisters, & myself all went to Henry School. It was once a school people were proud of. Parents and their kids were proud to participate in all activities. Henry School has become an embarassment to our county. The atheletic dept. does not teach our children the basic fundamentals of the sports. The gym teacher has been known to call the children lazy. I agree with one other review i read, our kids at Henry School are falling behind because they have not learned the things other kids in the county are learning. How many teachers allow their students to paint their finger nails during class? How many parents want their kids to be allowed to do such things in class? I want all our kids to get a good education that will take them forward in life. That's why my daughter will be going to Inman next semester.

I have 2 sons at Henry School. The education they are receiving is one of few reasons we stay in henry county. We could not be more pleased.

I have 2 sons who attend this school. What I love about Henry is the teachers - both of my sons have had wonderful, caring teachers who go above and beyond, and are obviously in the teaching profession because of their passion for educating our children. The student-teacher ratio has been fairly low, which allows for the teachers to be able to focus on students one on one at times. Both of my sons are also in the gifted program. Though it does not meet as often as I would like, the teacher who runs the program is wonderful and finds interesting and creative ways of challenging her students. Now, on the negative side, certain programs are severely lacking. There is no art program at all, and the music program is lacking. There is a band, but no orchestra.

I love this school. My children are not only taught everything that is required by the state, but they are also cared for by the teachers. The teachers have fewer children in the classrooms and actually get to know the children. I have home numbers for the teachers so if I have a questions after school hours I can give them a call (of course this is my experience all teachers may not give out his or her home number). One of my children needs special help at school and the special education teacher goes above and beyond. The speech/language pathologist on staff does a wonderful job with all of the children I have personally seen her work with and she sends out reports to the parents that help us to recognise areas that need more work. Great school! The building could use some fresh paint.

This school is sub standard to say the least. The building is dilapidated, education is behind the city schools and there is less opportunity for activities, etc than in other schools in the same county. Parent concerns are not addressed appropriately.

We were not happy at this school. The politics and unprofessionalism was unreal. Our one on one teacher experience was good. You may want to consider a city school. Another pratice I did not agree with was if you score low on a homework assignment you can redo it to raise your grade. If you don't do your homework you will get another chance to do it later before mid-term or report cards go home, even if it was 10 assignments. Responsiblity is not taught here.

Last modified Henry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.