Hermitage, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted December 04, 2014
Principal Curtis is great. I've had great experiences with every teacher that my kids have had there. They communicate really well and seem to genuinely love their jobs. I wish my kids could stay there all the way to 8th grade.

Dodson Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2013
The administration in this school is very unapproachable. The Principal's secretary is extremely rude and lazy. I know this school was sought after many years ago however it has declined dramatically in their scores over the last few years due to this decline they are now considered a "Focus" school. If you are zoned for this school do your research at this school, ask a lot of questions, check their report card online, inquire about their safety procedures and check into your other options well in advance for your child to attend Dodson. I will say they have some fantastic teachers who do the best they can with a large class and wide span in academic knowledge in their classroom.

Posted August 30, 2012
I had two children attending Workman Elementary and both of my children had Mrs. Kielbso as their elementary teacher and they LOVED her. I also had the privilege to assist her in class and she is Great. Also with Mrs. Dodson and other teachers, vice principle and principle. They have programs to assist your child if there are struggles in their curriculum. They highly supportive of parent participation. Im sad we moved out of the district. We plan on moving back so our children can continue there.

Posted April 07, 2011
I attended the school for the last time almost seven years ago. I am about to be a senior in high school. I loved every second i spent there. I never had a bad experience at the actual school. The only complaint i could express is about the YMCA Fun Company after school care. That service is terrible for every school that offers it though so that is irrelevant. It is an amazing schools and the staff is great. My nine year old brother went there for two years but transferred because of Fun Company.

Dodson Elementary School 0

Posted December 11, 2009
The dodson elementry school is wonderful and great school. my boy is in 4th grade and he is learning lot i like specially science project

Posted November 28, 2008

Posted April 02, 2007

Posted March 27, 2007
I absolutely love this school. My daughters go there. I have had them specially transferred. In my 1st graders class, her best friend has cerebral palsy. The school and children and faculty treat her no different. She is wonderful. The academics at Dodson are excellent. The PTO does alot for this school. Basically, it's the best school in my opinion. THere is no violence, lots of adversity, the faculty is amazing. Everyone knows everyone. Plus, the classes are small so there is definitely more chance for one on one time.

Dodson Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2006
This school is a fabulous learning enviorment. Because of the excellent student to teacher ratios and the smaller class sizes the kids can have a more personilized education. Four kids of mine have gone here and 3 of them are in ivy league schools. When the attended the school was for first through eighth. The other child is still in high school but plans to attened Brown next fall.

Dodson Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2004
My child will be going to 3rd grade at Dodson Elementary and so far I can say, the school has been good. She has had 3 teachers and they have shown a personal commitment to her success. The class sizes are small and the students are give different opportunities to participate in activities that increase their self-esteem. The school has had two asst. principles, but the princle has been steady and he is great. He takes an active role in the children and the activities they participate in. The staff encourages parent participation and honors parents who choose to participate. My daughter has two more years and I am expecting them to be great.

Dodson Elementary School
4401 Chandler Rd, Hermitage, TN  37076
Last modified Dodson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dodson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top