Hixson, TN
Before care: Yes

Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2014
We love the family feel of the school and for the most part our child has had good experiences. The teachers we encountered are amazing. They seem to genuinely care about the children. The problem is the office staff. They are extremely rude, with the exception of the lady who sits at the first desk you see when you enter the office. She has always been very kind and helpful. My child can't wait to see her every day to give her a hug. Our child has been there several years and this past year there was a new principal. Every interaction I had with her and the rest of the office staff was unpleasant to say the least. I can speak for several parents when I say they make parents feel unwelcome and/or like they are a bother. She had some very large shoes to fill and definitely does not. I don't think we will be bringing our child back next year. The atmosphere seems to be getting worse there. It's a shame because we considered Ganns to be the hidden jewel in the county, but not any more.

Posted April 28, 2014
My School is AWESOME!!!. Our 1st year at Ganns and my daughter has learned so much. The Teachers go way beyond just teaching!!! They interact with the children and make it interesting and fun which makes the children more interested in learning!! So Happy to be at GANNS MIDDLE VALLEY ELEM!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
This is an amazing school that cares deeply about the students. The PTA and teachers work hard to make our school great. I love that our school has started looking the front doors so that we can be safer. We have an older school but am amazing staff. Our two nurses Starla and Beverly help to keep our children healthy and Mrs. Marler runs this school. Ganns is great!

Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2013
My daughter has the privilege of attending this excellent school. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the school building is so run down. The Hamilton County School Board has it on their "to do" list. Ganns has excellent teachers and supporting staff. The student to teacher ratio is adequate and the extra-curricular activities that are available are great. My child is involved in Good News Club and Girl Scouts at Ganns, two of their after school programs. The school also has cross country, track, and basketball for the older grades. Overall, Ganns Middle Valley is awesome and I highly recommend it!

Posted September 26, 2013
Ganns Middle Valley Great school, our grandchildren all go there are have gone there in the past. They have had great teachers, who seem to care about their progress in their studies, and sincerely care about the children who go to school there. They also make learning fun for the kids.

Posted August 03, 2013
Ganns Middle Valley IS Chattanooga's best kept secret!! There is something unique about the staff here. They make time to get to know each other, which has created a bond unlike any I have seen in a school. This bond transfers to the classroom where one can see these teachers' passion and love for their students. My daughter has loved attending school here and is excited to return every year. Her teachers always have high expectations for her and know how to encourage her to do her best. The PTA is phenomenal and the new principal is going to be a SUPERB addition to the school. If you are moving to the area, I highly suggest Ganns Middle Valley! While other schools may have higher test scores, Ganns knows how to love students and is well on its way to becoming the highest performing school in the county!

Posted July 25, 2013
THIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IMAGINABLE!!!! With a great faculty that treats their students like family and a staff that is kind and know how to do their jobs, this school is an epitome of a great, hard working school. All those parents in Hamilton County trying to find a better school for their elementary child, GMVE is the best elementary school in the county to choose, and all those all over the country that might be moving, you and your child are in for a great treat. All the students there learn passionately and discipline. THIS SCHOOL IS DEFINENTLY THE BEST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EXISTING!!!!!!!!

Posted March 14, 2013
My daughter just started at Ganns. I have nothing but praises about this school. My daughter loves her teacher so much that she says she wishes she was in our family. Is there a higher compliment? The teacher does an excellent job of challenging & giving extra help to those who need it. Parent involvement is highly encouaged. I haven't had much interaction with the principal but she seems to run a smooth sailing ship. They do a great job communicating with the parents. The PTA does so much with the school. The overall 'feel' of the school is warm and welcoming both to parents & students. I would reccommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 01, 2013
I am shocked that people are basing the rating of a school on car pool lines and the way the children are RESPECTFULLY taught to walk down the hall. After the shooting in Sandy Hook I would think locked doors would bring comfort not ridicule. Buses have to pull into the school's front lot. Not just for unloading but to pick up vocational students and to park for field trips. Parking should never be a reason to give a school 2 stars anyway...GEEZ! If you are looking for a school where the teachers works together to encourage children to be independent, forward thinkers then PLEASE disregard the petty comments and take it from a Mom that has witnessed the same consistency in teaching under two different principals. Both of my children left Kindergarten reading and this school really encourages reading. I have also witnessed an instance of bullying that was handled very appropriately. In 2011-12 the front desk girl wasn't the most pleasant person but she has been replaced with a delightful woman that is always helpful and kind. The PTA is great and they welcome and encourage all volunteers. GMVE consistently puts up great performance scores so rest assured you are in excellent hands!

Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2011
As far as the actually school goes, my daughter and I absolutely love it! This is her 3rd year at Ganns and every teacher she has had has been absolutely wonderful. My biggest issue with the school is their crossing guard. I find it ridiculous that I can be in front of the school at 7:45 and my daughter can still be late for class because their crossing guard has no clue how to direct traffic. This is the 3rd year we have had this problem. I even changed my route i take to get to my daugter's school so that I would not have to get near the red light. The crossing guard pays no attention to what is going on and spends all of her time waving and smiling like a beauty queen that she doesn't even realize she has traffic backed up on both sides and no one can turn in or out of the school. Again, as far as the school goes it is great, however, tardy's can rack up quickly because you can not drop off your child in a timely manner.

Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School
1609 Thrasher Pk, Hixson, TN  37343
Last modified Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ganns Middle Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top