Hixson, TN
After care: No

Posted December 07, 2013
This is our first year at HMS. I have very impressed! The teachers are wonderful & approachable. They quickly respond to emails & phone calls. The school offers many programs so your student can get involved, whether its sports, the arts, clubs etc. The facility is beautiful & well kept. I highly recommend HMS.

Posted December 06, 2013
Hixson Middle School is a beautiful facility, with a transformational leader, and dedicated teachers who genuinely care about each individual student. It is a privilege to teach with such a fine team of professionals.

Posted December 06, 2013
We have an 8th grader at Hixson Middle School. We have had excellent academic and social experiences at every grade level. The faculty and staff have been welcoming and hospitable every time we have been in the building. The building is always clean and well-kept. The principal has been very proactive in pursuit of academic improvements, and in only one year there has been signficant academic progress. I enthusiastically recommend Hixson Middle School!

Posted November 22, 2013
We have loved the beautiful new school building and the robust art and music programs for the three years we've had a student at HMS. Hixson Middle offers a variety of sports and a wonderful academic excellence program to encourage students. It is worth your time to check us out. Go Wildcats!

Posted October 28, 2012
New principal is a strong leader. This school seems to be improving. Teachers seem to be working hard.

Posted March 03, 2012
This is the best school my child has been to in a long while. The teachers are exceptional, the students are great, and the facilities are amazing! Hixson middle school is getting better and better every year!

Hixson Middle School 1

Posted September 14, 2011
HMS is not a great school. They score very low on everything, from tests to teachers and principal. They do not have time for parents or students either for that matter. Some would rather give an assignment and not explain it. That's why they have failing grades on the T-Cap test. Teachers do not teach so that a child can learn. I wish that teachers got paid according to students test results. Maybe then they would be better teachers.

Posted September 14, 2011
Hixson Middle is great, communication is key here and they are on top of it. My son loves his school, and the kids are great. The staff and teachers are very open to meeting you on any given day of the week to work out any concerns you may have with your student. All I have to do is call and I know if they are busy they will call me back the same day

Posted June 29, 2011
I don't have a child in Middle School yet, but she does attend an Elementary school in Hixson. What I CAN tell you is that Tennessee raised their standards considerably this past year. Its going to get worse before it gets better as far as that goes. When it comes to public schools in the greater Chattanooga area, Hixson has some of the best ones. It doesn't matter what school you send your children to, there are going to be issues like race to deal with. What I can tell you is to get involved in the school, check out the standards on TN.gov yourself so you can make sure your children are keeping up with what is required of them, and give them a friendly nudge to get involved in activities. Middle Valley has a super Youth Association that offers all types of sports activities. Hope this helps to put you at ease a little.

Hixson Middle School 4

Posted August 26, 2010
This is my oldest son's 2nd year at HMS and my youngest son's 1st year. I have been impressed with the Principal and teachers so far. They are open to communication with parents and students. I've had quick responses from email from both Principal and teachers. This 2010-11 school year so many people have "hardshipped" to HMS. Something has got to be going well for so many people to want to go there!

Hixson Middle School
5681 Old Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN  37343
Last modified Hixson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hixson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top