Bad
Good

Anybody who thinks this is a "good" school is lying to themselves or just ignorant. I graduated last May, and I can tell you from first hand experience. This school absolutely DOES NOT prepare its students for a decent college education. It doesn't have a calculus or physics class or a single AP class, and many of the classes they do have are a joke. You can still do well in college, but you will be behind all your other classmates. Most of the authorities are clearly biased to deficient sports programs as well. Sure it was fun at times, but LCHS does not provide a college preparatory curriculum.

Two of my children attended this school and one graduated from there. At the time I thought it was a good school - nice teachers, not a lot of discipline issues, and my kids were treated well. My oldest graduated near the top of his class, had a high ACT score and is at a state school on an almost full ride. HOWEVER he is struggling in college math because he was not prepared in High School. No Pre-Calc or Calc was offered. He had to take Pre-Calc at the community college and didn't learn what he needed to succeed in higher level college math classes.

I am a recent graduate of Lewis County High School and I must say that I absolutely loved it there!! I feel I got a very well rounded education and the faculty are great! Sure, there are always a few teachers or staff that probably shouldn't be in that profession but over all it's great! I plan to go and become a teacher and return to LCHS to work!

It is crazy to say that this school is the worst ever. If any ' smart ' parent were to notice, the rate our kids are going to college are very good. as far as bullying, that is every kid's problem. My own kids have been subjected and they would be what most would consider popular. I had to get involved and stay involved and now the problem is no longer there. Our teachers constantly inform us that parental involvment is crucial for their development. Parents can't just ship their kids off to school and throw the brunt of the responsibility on the teachers.

The worst school any child could go to. I have a child that gets bullied every day. The principle nor the teachers will do anything about it. You can tell that these kids parents have not taught them how to treat others. I would not suggest anyone who moves here to put your child in school here. The teachers are about as bad as the kids are.

Dont even bother coming here. The people and education of the teachers are far below what an average school has. One word: horrible. My kids are not having a fun time. If i could i would go back and change ever moiving here

Last modified Lewis Co High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.