Posted September 26, 2012
Wow! the last parent hit the nail right on the head! Apparently im not the only person asking why they do not paddle the children. Today, during a meeting with the principal and the assistant principal, the principal became rather irritated and very snappy when i asked "why do you all not paddle the children here?" mind you i was very nice and respectful when i asked, she retorted with "i do not have to give you an explanation and this is the end of the conversation!" She continued to bring it up several times and when i would say something she would wlways say "this is the end of the conversation" I honestly believe she is not qualified for her job and the school is a bit too "boring history class in high school" for such small children. They need stimulation and there is absolutely none. Parents, beware of this school. Listen to the parents and ask around. I was warned by workers at wal mart when i was shopping for school supplies and i didnt know any of them from adam. I feel terrible for putting my children in this situation! I should have listened. Now my children had to pay the price. Dont make the same mistake i did, call the surrounding schools, they will even tell you!

Posted September 06, 2012
I agree with the last review. This school just seems as if they dont really care. The teachers are VERY moody and some r reaching the point where teaching should no longer be an option to them due to their age and lack of patience for younger children. Not to mention the fact that they DO NOT use corporal punishment and their excuse for this was "it is YOUR job to punish them, if you earn respect at home, they will respect us here at the school" Now dont get me wrong, but some children need that little bit of "uh oh" because if they dont have it, then the whole school day turns into one big playground and punishment at home, but they get all that free time at school. The way a child see's that is "ok, i can play and do whatever i want at school all day because punishment is not bad, ill go home get in a little trouble, then back to school the next day to have a blast" Humboldt East End and the rest of them here in Humboldt refuse to use corporal punishment for one reason and one reason only, they know that their school is rated one of the worst in the state so they say "we don't even paddle the children, how on earth can we be a bad school" this school needs it more than any!

East End Magnet Academy 2

Posted May 01, 2007

East End Magnet Academy 4

Posted February 15, 2007

Posted January 31, 2007
As a parent who has had children in other school systems, I can honestly compare Humboldt City Schools to others in Tennessee. East End has no programs to keep the kids involved or simulated yet the administration wonders why the children don't perform. It is more like a assembly line then a school. The principal is not seasoned and it mirrors throughout the staff. I see why the parents who can afford to take their children out of this school system do so. It is the worst experience we have ever had and I regret ever putting my children in this school. They will not return next year.

East End Magnet Academy
1560 North 30th Ave, Humboldt, TN  38343
Last modified East End Magnet Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
East End Magnet Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top