Campbell County Comprehensive High School

Public | 9-12

Posted yesterday

I was apprehensive about sending my daughter to CCHS because of it's size, but I am glad I did. The teachers that I have encountered have been very enthusiastic about there jobs as educators. The administration and staff really have a positive outlook.

Posted May 7, 2014

Two of my children attended this school, if it were possible to give it a 0 rating I would have I guess I'll have to settle for a 1. Parents are treated like outsiders, administration at this school is terrible, other than a report card no effort is made to inform parents of any opportunities or problems, communication is non existent. The only seniors who are informed of college opportunities or given scholarships are ones from prominent parents in the community. If home schooling had been available when my children attended I would most definitely have taken that route.

Posted August 21, 2012

Fresh coat of paint, and new kitchen, this year. Everything else... everything that has everything to do with what a school *should* be about: progressive leadership, focus, teacher involvement, quality of texts and instruction, student preparedness for real world living outside of this trap in a vacuum, etc - the same = 1 out of possible TEN, not possible 5. Kids 'just show up' to be counted as present, because faculty 'just show up' for a paycheck. Parent involvement is rendered useless. Direct reflection of Admin stance regardless of who's in position(s) of admin. The rating of "7" on this site for this school is a very poor and offensive joke.

Posted March 4, 2011

The school admin is awful. I have been trying to get them to let me come up and talk to the school students about what it will take to get into college, as well as other opportunities that the students will have after high school. I am recent graduate and I want this opportunity to give back to the school, but the school officials are fighting tooth and nail to keep me from the school.

Posted April 29, 2009

I believe the school need more leadership. The dress code is not enforced. It is awful how some of the students dress. The main thing is parents let them leave the house looking this way.

Posted February 14, 2009

the school is trying to help students learn and the teachers did their best to try to get the writing scores up.

Posted January 11, 2009

My son is a Freshman and I am not happy with the level of communication by the school. There are some teachers that started the year with a good effort but that wained over the semester. I think better communication for progress reports, agendas and activities is desperately needed to improve parent and teacher involvement - it is hard to get involved when you have no idea what is going on. I also think teachers are the key to success and failure. My son excels with certain teachers and struggles with other and it is not about the subject - a bad teacher can ruin a favorite subject and vice versa. I think teachers is one of the most important jobs in the world. We need incentives and competition to keep the best and weed out the rest.

Posted January 9, 2009

My son has been going here for the last 4 yrs, I receive very few letters telling Me about what's going n in the schools.. any kind of activities or even progress reports..He has yet to bring home a book and when asked why O get the response * There isnt enough for everyone to have one* which I have asked and sure enough they are short on books..If we are paying taxes where is all this money going? For the roads, in the admisnistratiprs pockets?..Where???.. Shouldnt it be goinginto fixing our childrens schools and giving them a place to learn and advance to be prepared for adulthood?..The teachers in this school *Minus a few* are pathetic.. they act as if it's a burden for them to even show up, which isn't sending the kids the right message..

Posted July 28, 2008

Finding out about school activities and agendas is extremely difficult. More information in a timely manner needs to be available to parents.

Posted March 26, 2008

So much more needs to be done by the staff and teachers. Parents also need to do there part. There are teachers that are getting paid just to show up. I know a few of them.Our school is in need of an overhaul. Our test results show how our school rates and should be ashamed of itself and it performances.

Posted March 1, 2006

OK I am a current Senior at CCHS. In my honest opinion anyone who can sit around and call this school a joke, obviously hasn't been there long enough. I have spent the last four years of my school career there and in my expierience I have found some very amazing qualities and some very poor ones. Some teachers at the high school need to put their effort into the class as well do most of the students. Where as other teachers are doing a very fine job and their students are excelling wonderfully! What most people need to understand is that you can only get out of a school what you put into it. Well, the case at CCHS is that most of the students are very lazy and feel that the teachers should hand them everything on a silver platter! We also need better parental involvement! -Laura Green

Posted November 14, 2005

As a former educator,I have spent time at CCCHS. I have observed the various facets of the school. In my openion students and staff are victims of themselves. Reasons:rural isolation with little input from outside eduational sources, poorly prepared administrators. There are many wonderful teachers and counselors there who are allowed little input into school operation. Many of them whould make better leaders than those in adminsitrative positions. Like many others, school leaders are in denial about changes that are badly needed.The big,bad and controling immage in not a good way to motivate students nor teachers. Positive communication and solutions are badly needed. Good luck CCCHS and esp. to new school director.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 30, 2005

I'm a student at CCHS & in my opinion, its a very very bad school. Student pass mostly because of their sports involvement or until they get too old for the grade they are in. I know a lot of people who can barely read & their excuse is that they went to school in Campbell County. I think thats pathetic. And there are many teachers who have no idea what they are even teaching about. This is a very poor excuse for a school. Its more like a baby-sitter.

Posted February 28, 2005

I attend CCHS, and the school can barely be called that. There are teachers that don't assign books, don't give homework, and some that don't even teach. All schools in this county are outrageous. 'Students' pass politically and socially, and not by grades and education. Not only are the teaching standards pathetic, but the buildings (with the exception of the two new middle schools) are horrendous in this county. There are rats, roaches, mold, and fungus on the walls, and there was a 'flea outbreak' this past fall. If you want to learn, find another county to go to school in, because learning in this school district will only happen if you really, REALLY want to learn, as the teachers don't do their jobs. Drugs are rampant in the high school; fights are daily occurences, and very few precautions are taken for that.

Posted February 24, 2005

Campbell County High School is basically a good, quality school. It does have its negatives, as do all schools. However, I take offense when people say it is the worst, with no quality what-so-ever. I graduated from there and did go on, as did most of my friends, to a university where I earned a Masters Degree. Like all other things in life, you get out of it what you put in to it.

Posted October 7, 2004

This is in response to the last review. My kids have attended CCS since the beginning. You are right to say that school isn't a baby sitter, however, you must understand that teachers are called teachers for a reason. They are suppose to educate! This doesn't happen for most children attending the schools here. Especially if you are LD like one of my kids is. She is in the 9th this year and hasn't been taught even basic math skills, bare reading skills, no english or much of anything else for that matter. We moved to another county just so she'd have a chance to graduate, because she'd never do it here. And how many kids do you know who graduate from CCHS and actually go on to graduate from a 4 year college?

Posted October 1, 2004

I am a former student of ccchs, however i graduated from a school in california.(I left the 2nd semester of my senior year)these reviews are clearly made by irresponsible individuals. It's not a babysitting service, it's a learning institution. The teaching staff surpass, by far, the standards that are required to educate. The students are lucky; school is what you make of it. People who complain about a service rendered free to them, such as public school, are clearly of low class. That is down right tacky. The teachers can't do the work for the students. To people concidering - you won't find a more beautiful place to live, and every school you go to will have a bad teacher. The people who are so upset are probably the reason thier children find it easy to blame someone else for thier problems.

Posted August 16, 2004

I Belive that campbell county high school is at best a joke. The teachers and staff are there to get a pay check period. The school itself is ran like some minimum security prison, The dress code and ten commandments on the wall in front of the office are in breach of our rights of self expression, and freedom of religion. The school is made into a joke by the students, the staff, and the town....its time the joke came to an end and the school starts working right.

Posted August 22, 2003

I am a former student of CCHS, and I think that some of the teachers should apply themselves more toward helping the students who have a little more trouble understanding assignments. There are too many students there today who think that they will be lucky just to get by. They should have the desire to learn all they can, and they probably would if the teachers would just help them more. If they could understand what they were doing, it would greatly improve thier self-esteem and they would want to apply themselves to the fullest.

Posted August 10, 2003

I actually went to this school. I was so inadequatly prepared for the 'real world' it was pathetic. I feel sorry for anyone who has had to suffer through the long arduous non productive and boring hours that make up a school day that this sorry excuse for a formal high school. Drug use is rampant, and discipline is next to nil. Principals never (with the exception of one who has since retired) get involved with students personal problems unless it is in the disciplinarian role. Children would be better off being home schooled, or not even go to school at all. If in the event that you have no choice but to send your child to this school, monitor his or her work, sit in on some classes from time to time.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

431 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

272 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

239 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

338 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

334 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 64%N/A55%

Fax number
  • (423) 566-2016

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

150 Cougar La