No rating

St. Marys School

Private | PK-8

Living in Jackson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted September 3, 2014

My wife and I are so blessed that St. Mary's continues the strong educational heritage of the Catholic church. As parents of two current students, we have found St. Mary's to be an open, friendly, engaging and wholly professional school with excellent teachers, staff, facilities and curriculum. We look forward to many great years at St. Mary's and plan on enrolling our youngest there soon. Thank you St. Mary's for all you do to educate our children, body, mind and spirit!

Posted April 24, 2012

This is a great school. The new principal provides a loving environment for the children and does not tolerate misbehavior. It is a privilege to attend St. Mary's not a right, and several children have been removed for inappropriate behavior as a means to live up to their mission of providing a loving, learning enviroment filled with Christ's love.

Posted November 15, 2010

St. Mary's continues to be the best choice for the education of our child. Our child is challenged to perform at the highest level while being embraced and made to feel special and proud of the association with SMS. On the occassions where there is an opportunity to compare the level of education with those attending public schools, we have found that our child exceeds in all academic subjects and is also exposed to proper behavior and moral judgments. We strongly believe in SMS and would recommend this school and its staff to anyone who is considering private school for their child. We have always found the administrators, teachers and staff to be very approachable and invested in doing the best for the student.

Posted November 15, 2010

St Mary's School puts the children first. The academics are excellent. The sisters provide a Christ centered education in cooperation with the church and the priests. I highly recommend this school. I have two children there and would not send them anywhere else.

Posted July 19, 2010

St. Mary's academics are far below that of other perocial/private schools. The tuition is relativley low but you get what you pay for. We moved out of town and my daughter now attends a very good Catholic school that honestly makes St. Mary's appear to be day care. I have heard similar comments from other families that have moved also. Some of the kids are very mean and this is allowed by the principal/staff. At her current school this is not tolerated. The after school care is terrible. Some terrible occurences were swept under the rug as mentioned by another rating.

Posted May 11, 2010

Both of my children have attended St. Mary's School for the last 7 years. We have had nothing but positive experiences with teachers, academics, and extra-curricular activities. Both my children love going to school each day and, in my opinion, that says alot! We highly recommend St. Mary's to anyone wanting an excellent, Christian based school with a quality education.

Posted May 11, 2010

I attended St. Mary's for nine years and am now a senior at a Catholic university. St. Mary's gave me the foundation I need to succeed with my higher education. I learned everything from excellent study habits to how to be a good Christian. I stop by to visit my favorite teachers whenever I'm home, and I plan on sending my children there when they come along.

Posted September 18, 2009

My daughter loves St. Mary's. I notice she is more looking forward to going to school and she is very involved with extra cirrcular activities with this school. I highly recommend this school!

Posted November 20, 2008

I totally agree with the first comment here. Bullying is not addressed by the principal. I removed my daughter from the school after being told by the principal that if i could not accept that my child should 'deal' with the everyday harassment that i should find another school. The principal told my child that if she complained again that she would be kicked out of the school. By placing your child here you may risk dealing with the bullying on your own. I do not recommend this school at all.

Posted March 24, 2008

St. Mary's has been our school for the past 7 years. Our children love the school and are very happy there. We have recommended the school to many of our friends. St. Marys is the best kept secret in Jackson.

Posted March 15, 2008

St. Mary's is an excellent school. I have two children attending St. Mary's and one that can't wait to start. We feel like St. Mary's is our second home. The principal and vice principal are always willing to listen and have outstanding leadership skills and are constantly striving to improve our school. The teachers are outstanding. The children are courteous and respectfull. I can't think of any other place I would want to send my children.

Posted October 31, 2007

Highly recommend. They have great teachers and my daughter got a great education. I love that they learned more about God and went to church.

Posted May 16, 2007

Not enough teaching and guidance. Too much teacher/ parent favoritism. Bullying is not addressed by Principal. Problem students are not dealt with appropriately. Parental involvement is only ACCEPTED, by a select few.

Asian 6% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Memphis

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1665 Hwy 45 By Pass