Jackson, TN

Posted February 16, 2015
I have three children currently enrolled, all of whom previously attended public school. The difference in the environment and the curriculum are amazing. My children are learning so much more than they did in public school, and they are finally academically challenged at SMS. The Catholic values taught at home are being reinforced every school day. I am so thankful for St. Mary's and would recommend it to Catholic or Non-Catholics alike, for the excellent education this school provides.

Posted February 12, 2015
I have 4 children , 2 have completed k-8, the other 2 currently enrolled. Hands down, the formation of my children are exceptional. Well rounded, respectful and hard working . I love the new curriculum. I am catholic and appreciate the reenforcement of our faith at home. There is always room for improvement and administration handles this need with careful and thoughtful execution.

Posted February 11, 2015
I have two sons who are now excelling in high school in honors and AP classes after attending St. Mary's k-8. They also were both recognized as Duke scholars in 7th grade. And in fact yesterday my oldest was interviewing at Vanderbilt University in hopes of attending after high school graduation. This has been possible because of the excellent education they received at St. Mary's, from very gifted, caring educators. I have three children currently enrolled at St. Mary's, who are all happily challenged and succeeding. They love the new curriculum and are enjoying learning Latin which I believe will benefit them the rest of their lives. I love St. Mary's because I know my children are receiving a superb education in the light of Christ's truth. And the Dominican Sisters reflect the love and holiness of Christ that we are all called to but which is rarely seen in the world today; I am thankful my children have witnessed this example.

Posted January 09, 2015
My husband and I feel so blessed to have our two daughters attend St. Mary's! We have been so pleased with the new, classical-based curriculum and the introduction to Latin. Both of our daughters are flourishing with the new curriculum and they seem to love what they are learning. I credit a lot of that enthusiasm to the excellent teachers and the loving environment that abounds throughout the school atmosphere. St. Mary's has a long history of academic excellence and it still holds true today!

Posted December 30, 2014
A family school that you want to be a part of! I have three children that all go to school at St. Mary's and I could not be happier!

St. Marys School 1

Posted December 11, 2014
We have one child at this school. My child will NOT be back after Christmas! We have had so many problems! This school is not a Christian environment. It seems they pick who they will treat with dignity.. Good luck if you are on the other end. My child has been picked on by students and staff. We have tried to communicate are concerns but feel it has been blown off.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 03, 2014
My wife and I are so blessed that St. Mary's continues the strong educational heritage of the Catholic church. As parents of two current students, we have found St. Mary's to be an open, friendly, engaging and wholly professional school with excellent teachers, staff, facilities and curriculum. We look forward to many great years at St. Mary's and plan on enrolling our youngest there soon. Thank you St. Mary's for all you do to educate our children, body, mind and spirit!

Posted April 24, 2012
This is a great school. The new principal provides a loving environment for the children and does not tolerate misbehavior. It is a privilege to attend St. Mary's not a right, and several children have been removed for inappropriate behavior as a means to live up to their mission of providing a loving, learning enviroment filled with Christ's love.

Posted November 15, 2010
St. Mary's continues to be the best choice for the education of our child. Our child is challenged to perform at the highest level while being embraced and made to feel special and proud of the association with SMS. On the occassions where there is an opportunity to compare the level of education with those attending public schools, we have found that our child exceeds in all academic subjects and is also exposed to proper behavior and moral judgments. We strongly believe in SMS and would recommend this school and its staff to anyone who is considering private school for their child. We have always found the administrators, teachers and staff to be very approachable and invested in doing the best for the student.

Posted November 15, 2010
St Mary's School puts the children first. The academics are excellent. The sisters provide a Christ centered education in cooperation with the church and the priests. I highly recommend this school. I have two children there and would not send them anywhere else.

St. Marys School