Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Madison Academic Magnet High School 3

Posted October 17, 2013
I am a student at Madison Academic Magnet High School. I have a 4.0 GPA and passing all of my classes with A's. in my opinion I don't think the school is all that great because some teachers are biased and they show favoritism. They seem to not care as much. The work is not as hard as people think or say it is. We do just as much as any other school in Jackson, Tennessee. Some students are rude and they judged you for no reason. the atmosphere is not that great and they always think that the school is the best of the best when it really isn't. I won't say that it is just terrible because I really do believe that I have had some good times and I hope to have more. I just feel like if makes some improvements it will be an incredible school but for now it's just AVERAGE.

Madison Academic Magnet High School 4

Posted September 30, 2013
Madison academic has pushed my child to reach her highest potential, it has a small home feel, each student is made to feel noticed and important. It has high goals and standards. I would not want my child anywhere but Madison. I have the greatest respect for Janice Epperson as their leader.

Posted June 17, 2013
I am a junior at Madison and i love it! It is tuff and will cause you to put in a lot of hours for studying but in the end it is worth it! It gets you college ready but it isn't for everyone. I do believe, no matter what anyone else says, this school is great and anyone would be grateful for being able to experience it! Everyone is nice and respectable! I will miss the people, teachers, and the school its self when I graduate!

Posted October 05, 2012
this school made college easy for me with all the challenging and time consuming work

Posted November 30, 2010
I graduated from Madison in 2007. I was there for the first 4 years of its existence. From the start, Madison has been a success. I was challenged academically, and the teachers made the subjects enjoyable. For example, I loved biology and chemistry in high school yet disliked it in college. I honestly believe that my high school teachers' passion is what made the classes enjoyable. I am so happy to have had the school experience that Madison offered. The school is small (about 400-500 students), and the faculty is wonderful!

Madison Academic Magnet High School 2

Posted February 01, 2010
First of all, a CP class at a public school in Tennessee should not weight a student's GPA at all. There AP classes are a joke and there are not many of them. Actually the teachers don't really care either. This school is not and should not be considered a good school for college prep. i have been to MUCH better schools in Jackson, Tennessee.

Posted June 24, 2009
In response to the previous post...Yes! We moved here from North Carolina when our girls were in elementary school, and found that we had to homeschool. They later went to private school, and that was also lacking academically. Both of them graduated from Madison Academic, and they enjoyed their time there, but they received all A's with very little effort. It is the best in west TN, but you are correct, many other states are far more advanced, but in academics and in the arts.

Madison Academic Magnet High School 3

Posted June 23, 2009
Although the school offers advanced academics it doesn't compared in AP offerings in other states. There are only 6 AP classes even offered! The graduation requirements are weak compared to the rest of the US. The school is good in Tenn but mediocre in the nation.

Posted September 30, 2008
Madison is a great school and it will prepare you to be elite and above average in college.

Posted June 28, 2008
I've had two daughters graduate from Madison. We were very thankful when this Magnet School opened and we were able to leave the private school tuition behind. Arts and academics are strong, and the discipline and student's respect for teachers and each other are mojor reasons to attend Madison. It is a small school community in which they all know each other. Students work to do well, and there are virtually no discipline problems, so the teachers can teach and enjoy the students.

179 Allen Avenue, Jackson, TN  38301
Last modified Madison Academic Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.