No rating

Jackson Prepatory School

Private | PK-10

Student diversity

Living in Jackson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $58,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $630.

Posted March 9, 2011

Jackson Prep is a good school that is getting better. Academics, spirit, and sports are coming together. The classes are small, 9 to 20 students, and everybody is known. My brother and I enjoy the elementary and middle schools. We are planning to graduate from Jackson Prep.

Posted March 2, 2011

I can't say enough good things about Jackson Prep. This is my third year at Jackson Prep and I have been very pleased. Some of the teachers go over and beyond what is expected of them. Jackson Prep has had some kinks to work out, but all schools have some problems. I think Jackson Prep is working hard to correct these problems. Overall I am very happy with the school and our experiences.

Posted March 30, 2010

I had a horrible experience with this school. My son went there for about six months. He was kicked out and he was only in Pre-K!! They dismissed him because I would not allow the school to do psychological testing on him since he was only 4 and it's fairly normal for children of that age to be active. He is now 5 and at Parkview Montessori Magnet School where his behavior has improved and he's bringing home 3s and 4s on his report card. This school is lazy and unwilling to really unlock the full potential of the students in their care.

Posted July 23, 2009

I have two children enrolled at JPS. We all love the school. It has only been open for 2 years. This school year will be it's third. They already have 250 children enrolled. That says alot to me! They have a few kinks to work out, but what new school doesn't? I thought about just sending them to public schools this year, but they begged to go back. Can't wait to see everybody again!

Posted June 29, 2009

I was a highschool student from JPS and I must say that: JPS is a great Preschool, but the highschool part needs alot of work done to it. When I was there, the highschool teachers didn't even barely teach, some weren't even supose to teach that subject! We, the students, had to teach the teacher. Then when we would go home to ask our parents 'bout the work, they knew really nothing 'bout it. I don't go there no more, so I can't say how its gonna be for next year, so do what you please but I just wanna warn you, its a waste of money.
—Submitted by a student