Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I've had three children attend this school over the past six years. At first, it was pretty good. The principle that used to be there was involved. I understood that the budget was tight for them when they would send home requests for school supplies totaling about $100 per child, yet request that I not write my children's names on them because they had to be shared with other kids whose parents weren't helping- but once they kept asking me to send more supplies every three months, I was pretty irritated. My child had plenty to start. Over the past two years things have gotten rougher there fast. The teachers are still GREAT! They are worth their weight in gold- every teacher my children has had with the exception of maybe one, have been excellent. But the hierarchy of the place is busted. Now the school supplies add up to about $200, the replacement principle was only there for show (actually refused to make any meetings with parents!) and they have replaced her with yet another principle this coming year. Also the bus drivers are just plain DANGEROUS. Please do not put your child on one of these buses!! Some of the drivers still working there may be fine, but in our experience the past couple years they were constantly being replaced with untrained, flat out mean, dangerous drivers and the behavior of the students on the buses are out of control completely. The school is very lax on bullying in general. Our daughter was bullied, groped and even had a boy stick his tongue in her mouth and grab her privates (she was 5) in front of the staff and they did nothing, then seated the boy next to her in class soon after! The kids are allowed to hit and kick each other with no consequences. A substitute they had in class was very strangely inappropriate in a movie he chose to show the class and was "fired" only for us to see him again two months later there. If you are looking for a place to move and this place is the school district, be prepared. It's a beautiful building with great teachers, but the rest is pretty darn bad!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Two of my kids were bullied, one of them severely and nothing was done, to the point that is was appalling.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I have no information on this subject.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

The heads of the school and district in general are poor.

Develops character: Disagree

When they allow bullying and for other kids to touch my child, I don't think they're teaching these things.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers were well-trained, kind and involved with my kids.

Amount of homework: Agree

The folders were thorough and the homework lists were good.

My son attends this school and it has really helped him as well as myself learn and grow. Ms. Spann has been the greatest blessing to our family. She has always kept us updated and educated with the ongoings and what we can do to make things more challenging for my son. I HIGHLY reccomend this school to everyone I talk to.

I love this school so much! Great and safe school. Ms. Phinnesse is a great teacher also! Thanks so much for a nice school

Last modified Alexander Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.