Bad
Good

This school is GREAT ! There are little fights and the principal there lets us have some freedom when we work hard and act good in school ! I suggest kids in elementary school go to this school ! Plus, for the kids who play sports , Tigrett always win the championship ! Such as Football , Basketball, Soccer, Track , and Softball !

I think to say the school is a joke is harsh. The reality of every thing is kids that are literate aren't part of the norm. The truth of the matter according to the US dept. of education only 87% of African American Children, 84% of Hispanic and 61% of white children are reading at their proper level. The truth now is a child that can read is rare. Whose fault everyone's. We ( the Parents) are the first teachers of our children. Either we accept the role of continue to blame people. I am sick and tired of people blaming the school. I must take respectability when my child does the wrong thing as much as I willing to when he does the right thing. There is no easy way!

I am currently a student at I.B. Tigrett Middle School. I love all of my classes except one with mostly boys! They play too much. I would recommend Tigrett over any other middle school in Jackson! Tigrett Tops!

Tigrett is a wonderful school with one focus, and that is to better the students school academically, socially, and emotionally. The principal is present in students' lives as a model of appropriate behavior and intellect. I have been pleased with the respect that she has for parent concern and for honest, fair response to those concerns. No school is perfect, and when we teach those from various levels of social, financial, and educational means, it takes special people to make 'good things' happen. 'Good things' are happening at Tigrett. The needs of every child are, at the very least, being addressed. The hope is that every child will be motivated to make choices that will be beneficial to their future growth. Tigrett faculty, for the greatest part, makes every effort to instill that desire. I have been pleased with our Tigrett experience.

I think that Tigrett is the best middle school in the Jackson-Madison County School System. This schools offers many great things that students all over the world would love to be involved in. Like the AVID program for, for instance.

Last modified I B Tigrett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.