We believe that:
1. Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
2. A safe and comfortable physical environment promotes student learning.
3. Students need to not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
4. Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission by frequent communication among all staff and stakeholders.
5. Students learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the school.
6. Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
7. A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
8. Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and when they have appropriate opportunities for success.
9. That students will grow socially and emotionally as a result of being in a culturally diverse environment.
10. Students learn to make appropriate decisions given a supportive and challenging learning environment.
11. We believe students learn in different ways and should therefore receive quality Instruction, with a variety of teaching strategies and assessments that are research-based.
12. We believe students can be challenged and motivated to reach their fullest potential.
13. We believe that instruction can be data-driven and differentiated for each student.