Jefferson City, TN

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted August 31, 2013
We moved to this area July 2012 from Kingsport, TN. My oldest son was going into 3rd and my youngest son into Kindergarten. I love this school & not only do I love it, but my kids do too. The previous school my oldest attended, was rated a 9 on this site & I have to say that I am surprised that this school isn't rated that as well. Everyone from the office staff to the teachers are caring and professional. I haven't had any issues. We are happy:)

Posted February 07, 2013
Not very impressed with this school. I have even heard from my friends that they liked Dandridge Elementary and the teachers there more than JE. For the first 6 months of school, I heard nothing but how great my child was and now I'm thinking the teacher is bipolar because for the last month I have heard the exact opposite. Even my child's bus driver and I have been confused because neither of us have witnessed my child behaving in such manners as to what the teacher is saying. Not trying to call anyone a liar, but I definitely don't feel comfortable with sending my child to JE. If I can't get my child moved to another school next year... I will be homeschooling!

Posted September 16, 2009
They care about there students and staff! You always see a smile on everyones face!

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted October 18, 2008
My child was bullied on the playground and as soon as we addressed it with the teacher my child was apologized to by the bully and it hasn't happened since. We are very active in our childs educational needs and communicate with the teacher to make sure those needs are met. Our child has excelled at this school and I wouldn't send her anywhere else. I do agree that the lunch program needs help. The staff and teachers have been very receptive to our concerns. I admire the schools fund raising approach by not putting the students out there to beg for money. Overall, a good school.

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2008
I have learned that at this school that some of the teachers do not pay much attention to what goes on especially on the playgrounds. A lot of bullies and the kids are told to not 'tattle'. I now just tell my kids to 'defend' theirselves. I do not know what else to do!!

Posted December 02, 2007
I moved here from florida and have lived here for 2 years.I agree that some changes need to be made.You also have to keep in mind in such a small town it is hard to get the funding for the things they need.I have to say the class ratio is a lot better than florida.The staff is also very pleasent.My child has excelled in JE.I wouldnt want my child anywhere else.If people took the time they spent complaining and put that effort into helping the school,I beleive they could accomplish alot together.

Posted February 15, 2007
Jefferson Elementary falls far below the mark in academics. Test scores are routinely low across the board and nobody seems to care. This can be verified by looking up the TCAP & national grading scores. After 8 years of having children in this school system nothing has been changed to improve the standards. It is hard to put all of the blame on the teachers. There are a few very good teachers at this school, but the curriculum ties them down. We have to supplement our children's education at home in order to keep them current with the rest of the US in studies for their grade level. Unfortunately the middle and high school is the same.

Posted March 29, 2006
Discipline standards are ignored here and there seems to be no accountability among the staff in regards to actions taken against students. Voicing your opinions will only get you ignored and your child, like ours, is likely to pay the price for your efforts to improve the quality of education. Safety concerns are another issue. Inadequate supervision, teacher to child ratio, and other factors contribute to HUGE safety concerns that are not being addressed. Oh yeah, don't eat the food! If you have a probelm at JEs, cut out the middle man and go straight for the school board. You will save yourself alot of time.

Posted December 15, 2005
There are several things to be worked out @Jeff. Elem., but my main concern is the cafeteria. It is disgusting and not worth eating in. I have to pack my childrens lunch every day because I don't want them to eat there. That is not easy because there are times I don't have anything to pack or the money to buy it. I feel the cafeteria needs to be condenmed and totally redone removing all staff members and starting over. I am working on getting that done at this time. Also the workers in the cafeteria care nothing at all about the children and I have several problems with them as well. The time needs to be recalculated as well.

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2005
Could not work out prombles with child's teacher. Whenever we talked to teacher, child always got some mark against them or had to pull a card and sent to sit in hall .(Which made extra homework, that would take 4/5 hours to do.

321 West Broadway Boulevard, Jefferson City, TN  37760
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top