Joelton, TN
Before care: Yes

Joelton Elementary School 5

Posted August 28, 2012
Just as a response to the previous comment, the principal was clearly not reprimanding the teacher during orientation. He made his comments in a jovial manner. Those of us who know him are aware that this was the case, as did the teacher who was "called out." It is a wonderful school and I am pleased that my child is attending a school with such excellent, hard-working teachers.

Posted August 09, 2012
I agree about the principal being arrogant. At the parent orientation 2012, he openly derided an employee for being late and not following directions. She might have had an excuse, like helping a child or parent, but he didn't care. We were embarrassed for her. And he appeared to be letting everyone in the assembly know that his instructions are to be followed no matter what.

Joelton Elementary School 5

Posted August 20, 2011
Staff & teachers were encouraging. Our kids did great there and loved attending the school and activities. We had M.s Keeley, Ms. Pass and Ms. Thomas and all of these teachers were "awesome"!

Posted May 20, 2011
Teachers are amazing! first year at the school and we love them. I agree with all the other reviews though the office staff is a JOKE! and Dr. Powell (the principal) is an arrogant jerk that is constantly on a power trip! not only with the kids but with the parents! I was saddened when I heard the news that he was not going to retire this year. I love this community and I love the teachers, but I hate to say we may move. I knew something was up with this Dr. Powell person, when my daughter came home from pre school and said she was scared of him. Anyone that has ever met my daughter knows, that she loves EVERYONE! and has never met a stranger.......so for her to not like someone, well its unheard of. School is awesome and I highly recommend it, and I can only hope that Dr. Powell will retire within the next few years.

Joelton Elementary School 2

Posted November 10, 2010
The staff and principal at JES are so rude and unprofessional! Where do they get their workers, the DMV or the Drive Thru? Really? I have nothing good to say about this school except the teachers. Everyone else is seems to hate their job and could care less about the kids. It's really a shame. I got a conference call after a $2.00 lunch charge. The cafeteria has a cash-only policy, which is very un-convenient and a little suspicious. Also, you aren't allowed to bring cupcakes to school for your child's birthday. Thanks to this school, I will either be home-schooling or moving next year.

Joelton Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2010
Teachers are great. However, the office staff treats us like dirt! My husband & I are very active in our children's lives and participate at every chance possible. This apparently doesn't matter to the office staff. Each one reminds me of the typical 'entitled govenment employee. They are rude, curt, and otherwise UNINTERESTED. Even the Principal 'dissed' me when I attempted to introduce him to my husband, In passing, I said, 'Dr. Powell, right?' He replied, 'Yep', and walked right past us!!

Posted February 26, 2010
Teachers are great. Dispostion of the office staff is embarrassing!

Joelton Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2009
Whatever reputation metro schools may have, ignore. What a fantastic teaching staff! Looking for a good music program?? This is the best music teacher ever! Your child will be looked after & cared for. We are finishing our 3rd year at JES, and have no complaints. The teachers love these kids and will go out of their way to help & support them. Is it perfect? No. Every school has issues. But we must all do what we can to make it a better place - simply by being involved...choose to find solutions to the things you don't like, or simply deal with them. Life ain't always perfect. The parents at JES that are truly involved & engaged are fantastic, and will also do anything for these children. If you put your child in this school, be ready to get involved. They need all the hands they can get.

Joelton Elementary School 0

Posted April 03, 2008
Joelton Elementary is the best! My daughter is in Kindergarten and every person I have delt with there is awsome. The principal even stands outside every morning an greets the children. My daughter loves her teacher. I have not had 1 problem.

Posted August 04, 2005

Joelton Elementary School
7141 Whites Creek Pk, Joelton, TN  37080
Last modified Joelton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joelton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top