Johnson City, TN

Posted December 25, 2009
As a parent, school volunteer and substitute teacher, I have been thoroughly impressed with BCE and the faculty. Communication between parents/teachers/students has been outstanding. Each opportunity that I have had to substitute teach at BCE has been extremely positive. Even during the teachers' unplanned absences, the level of organization has been incredible. The actual facility is old and slightly run down, but I've never seen any room or area unclean. I would highly recommend Boones Creek Elementary to any parent. The interaction I've experienced and witnessed with the teachers, aides, and administrators has demonstrated nothing but genuine concern for the children's education, safety and overall well-being.

Boones Creek Elementary School 1

Posted February 19, 2009
Horribly outdated which would not be a problem, except the principal and teachers do not care enough to invest time with your children's education. They would rather yell at the children than try to find out why they are having troubles. The teachers are absent more than they are there. I am a parent who has conferences with the teachers and works with my children at home. The school, however, just labels the children as bad rather than work with the parents and children. After changing schools, my children are on the honor rolls and are thriving both in academics and in self-esteem. If you can, do not enroll your children at this school. It is a horrible learning environment. I truly cannot believe they have one any awards.

Posted February 08, 2009
This is a great Elementary School my daughter is an A honor roll student. Ms.Campbell is her third grade teacher she is great.

Posted November 19, 2008
I have 2 children that go here. Grades K and 3rd. We love the school and all the great staff.. Thanks

Boones Creek Elementary School

Posted March 04, 2008
I love this school, the teachers and staff are supportive and caring. Its obvious that the children are their number one priority and that makes all the difference!

Posted February 14, 2008
I have had two children go through this school with no problems whatsoever. I was pleased with the level of commitment from the teachers, the staff, and the principal.

Boones Creek Elementary School 4

Posted December 30, 2007
So far my experience with the school has been mostly positive. I had some issues in the beginning because no one seemed to be organized, but after everyone got settled in that got better. My daughter's teacher is wonderful. As a matter of fact, she was awarded teacher of the year. I don't know if they do it by school, county, state or what, but I was impressed. I have also been able to see the school from the inside substitute teaching there. I developed a new appreciation for teachers. The days I worked there I saw nothing but hard working people with good character. They may not have the best facilities or equipment, but they work well with what they have. It all depends on what you invest in your child's education. You can't expect teachers to do it all.

Boones Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2007
My child was in 2nd grade and I had to switch my her school due to the experience she had here. The school is outdated in both shape and supplies. It has a terrible environment for learning. They did not want to deal with my child's disability. I would not recommend this school to anyone and would actually go so far as to recommend anyone with children not to move into the area where they would have to attend this school. My child's new school is also a title 1 school in the area but they have a massive amount of programs for their students. Why doesn't this school?

Boones Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2007
I am a parent of a 1st grader. My experience thus far has been great! My child had the great fortune of a kind,loving, involved and educated kindergarten teacher. She went above and beyond the call to make not only my daughter feel welcome but myself as well. We expect great things this year as well no school is perfect but, the majority of staff at BCE are working hard at providing a great education to the children. I have spoken personally with the guidance counsler on the positive changes I have noticed this year. The only complaint I have is the pick up system not enough parking etc.

Boones Creek Elementary School 2

Posted August 28, 2007
I agree with some of the other parents here. This school is very outdated. The principal in fact does not know how to run an effective school. They have no clue how to deal with children who have learning disorders, and do not accommodate for children with ADD or AD/HD disabilities. I find that this school and the principal are more interested in money as opposed to what's really important - the education of our children. How can a school be an effective learning center, if all they are worried about is the money they will lose if they do their job and help the kids with disabilities? How beneficial is it to a child to pass them on in grade just so that the school will not lose their funding? The principal doesn't care about the students so long as her school is still receiving the money for them.

Boones Creek Elementary School
348 Christian Church Road, Johnson City, TN  37615
Last modified Boones Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boones Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top