Johnson City, TN

Posted December 24, 2014
St. Mary's is by far the best schooling option in Johnson City, in my humble opinion. I speak from experience, having have had our child enrolled at public school and then one private school in Johnson City before ending up at St. Mary's. The learning and social environment of St. Mary's is outstanding. The teachers and staff are excellent, kind and caring, and unlike public school, are not being forced to revolve students' lives around the TCAP test. The fact that our family is not Catholic has not been an issue for us whatsoever. If you want the best for your child, please consider St. Mary's!

Posted May 22, 2010
My son attended St. Mary s for kindergarten. It is a warm, loving school. The principal knew each child by name. The Kindergarten teacher and assistant were so kind. The academic standards are higher too. TN is ranked 12th worst in the nation in Academic Achievement(U.S. Chamber of Commerce Nation s Report Card). TN also has the lowest score for truth in advertising about student proficiency. Knowing this, my husband and I were weary of the top rated public schools in our area. With such low standards, it is not hard to become a top rated public school in TN. Also, because St. Mary s is private, the kids don t have to take the TCAP every year, so the kids actually spend time learning, not just learning how to take a test. At the end of the year, my son s curriculum was far advanced compared to that of his public school friends. The PTO thrived and was well run. The peace builder program is awesome-it encourages kindness! We had to move, and I miss this school dearly.

Posted August 17, 2009
After a recent mid year transfer from Portland, OR my children had to go attend a Washington County public; my second grader felt as if he was repeating the first grade all over again, there was no challenge what so ever. We thank the Lord every day that we found St Mary's; the children love their teachers, they are challenged in class academically. As a parent it is a great felling watching your children enjoy going to school and receiving the finest education possible. The school is first rate from the teachers to the computer lab; it is one of the finest schools we have seen anywhere in the country.

St Mary School 0

Posted August 13, 2007
The best. The teachers really care about your child. They go above and way beyond the call of duty to help your child succeed. Academically advanced.

Posted June 21, 2007
After much research, this is by far the best option available for educational value, Christian morals, individualized teacher/student interaction, etc... This school is definitely headed in the right direction under the new leadership provided by the principal. It is amazing to witness the joy the children experience in learning. I would recommend this school to any and all who wish their children a top notch education...

Posted May 23, 2007
Outstanding in every respect. The best school in Johnson City.

Posted April 24, 2006

Posted March 06, 2006
This school is amazing! I am currently a student here and I love it. All of the teachers have plenty of experience and knowledge to share with us kids. There are uniforms so children won't be made fun of if they wear clothes others don't like, or if they can't afford the brand name clothes. Classes are small so teachers can devote more time to individual students. We learn more than kids in public schools - if I was in public school I'd be learning stuff now that I learned two years ago! St. Marys rocks.

St Mary School