PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted June 04, 2016
Students are unique exhibiting creative and intelligent thinking well beyond their years. Unique perspectives are encouraged. TCAPS: Incredibly low levels of stress for both educators and students in comparison to other. They were all highly prepared and there is no "teaching to the test". Faculty: I've yet to find a group of educators as caring and encouraging as the group at AA with the keen sense of how to challenge students appropriately. Teachers are open to concerns. We feel comfortable going to teachers knowing that they are willing to make positive changes for our children all while teaching them respect and boundaries. Diversity: The Headmaster and Dean have gone beyond the call of duty in fostering a truly inclusive and secular educational institution where families of all religious/racial/cultural backgrounds are celebrated for their diversity. This truly inspiring to see so much diversity working together to learn from one another respectfully which is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thank you Ashley Academy for teaching our children that there is a vast world out there waiting to be explored and holding their hands while doing it.

Posted May 01, 2016
We placed our son in Pre K at AA on the recommendation of many other parents and after reviewing others in the area. Our experience has been nothing short of excellent. In his two years of PK, both teachers have been extremely caring, proactive and engaged in the development of our son. We feel he is more than prepared for kindergarten. Without hesitation, I would recommend Ashley Academy.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 25, 2016
I want to thank all the teachers and staff they work very hard to help each other and all students. I would be remiss if I don't thank the parents they are a big part of Ashley Academy.

Posted January 25, 2016
There's no better feeling when your child tells you that they love there teachers. This morning my child turned to me and said I love my teachers, I asked why and the response was that even though the work is challenging they never make me feel inferior and they are honest about my work but in a very kind way. I have really liked this school for years, but I feel it's getting better all the time. Great job. Thank you I would recommend this school to any child that loves to learn.

Posted December 13, 2015
Our child attends preschool at Ashley Academy, this was his first school experience and it has been a very positive one. His teacher is warm and caring and has done an excellent job teaching him academically, socially, and emotionally. He has made great strides academically in a few short months but just as importantly (at his age) his self confidence has soared. The school has a very cohesive community feel where all the teachers take responsibility for the well being of all the students, not just their own. This attitude seems pervasive among the students as well, I have been very impressed how kind the older students are to the little ones. Overall Ashley has exceeded our expectations.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 22, 2015
I think most of them are there because it's an easy job and they can't get a better one any where else or they are first year, many are first year, and they are still trying to get work somewhere else so this is just a paycheck for them. There is not only a lot of student turnover but teacher turnover.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 22, 2015
No, students do not learn to push themselves. They have no need to do this, and if they fail or can't do something, they are ignored not helped.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 22, 2015
There is a lack of respect from the administration toward the students and parents, and the students see this. They take the same arrogant attitude.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 22, 2015
Most of the kids are good kids based on their homelife, it has nothing to do with the school.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 22, 2015
These traits aren't demonstrated by the employees, and can't be taught without doing that first.

1502 Knob Creek Road, Johnson City, TN  37604