Johnson City, TN

Posted August 01, 2013
All the youngsters in my family have been students of woodland and now as I am a parant of 3 and will soon to be 4 students at woodland we have had great experances !! The teachers are great all the staff are friendly and the principal is great!!! I would recommend woodland to any student and parant!!!!!

Posted October 01, 2010
i have had two children go through this school. both had an excellent experience. honestly, i have no complaints at all. the teachers are extremely committed and energetic, they really care about the students and they work HARD to help everyone succeed. there were a few situations where some kids were acting bully-ish toward my kids and the teachers handled it perfectly - they protected my children while guiding the other child into a more positive direction, rather than responding negatively, which just reinforces a sense of alienation and makes the situation worse. my kids have fond memories of their time there and they often want to go back and visit their old teachers. that says a lot! there has been a lot of upheaval and flakiness with the principals in and out over the years, but it has not stopped the teachers from doing a wonderful job.

Posted July 15, 2010
I absolutely loved this school! My daughter's teachers were wonderful! Dr. Crowe is great, and knows all of the students by name. My daughter was challenged and did very well. Her teachers let her work at her level, and she amazed me with how much she learned. We are so sad to be moving!

Woodland Elementary School 0

Posted January 28, 2010
Woodland is a excellent school, this is our 3rd year and we love it!

Posted January 23, 2010
I'm very pleased with Woodland, the teachers, and the principal. We moved here from out of state where my 2nd grader was attending a private school. I tried to tour two other top rated Johnson City schools, where one school couldn't figure out how to give me a tour and the other left that job to a low level admin assistant. I called Woodland one morning and asked to stop by that day. When I did, the principal Dr. Crowe stopped what she was doing and gave me a personal tour of the school. Neither she or the teachers have let me down since. When my daughter was feeling unchallenged, I met with her teacher and she immediately 'amped' up the academics, addressing everything from classroom friendships to a slight speech lisp. I couldn't he happier!

Posted November 27, 2009

Posted September 13, 2009
I am a grandparant of a 1st. grade student there. He was excepted last year as a kindergardener. I am so excited he has learned so much from his principle who is very supurb, and his teachers. It makes a huge difference were you send your children to school. I feel like he is getting the best education there. He is a tution student and every dime has paid off. Thanks Woodland Elementary for giving my grandson the opportunities he needs to grow. His parents and himself love to participate in all the activites there they have to offer...

Posted June 10, 2008

Posted March 04, 2008
Our Family has been apart of the Woodland team for 8 yrs. I don't use the word team loosely. The teachers we have experienced have all teamed with us in giving our children a wonderful learning environment , and a bright future. I am proud to be a parent of 3 Woodland students, approaching on #4. I am sure my last child will also benefit from the caring staff at Woodland.

Posted April 12, 2007
We have been at Woodland for 6 years and we do not want to leave. Woodland is an excellent school with wonderful, caring teachers. They excel in academics and have a tremendous music, PE,and art program.

Woodland Elementary School
2303 Indian Ridge Rd, Johnson City, TN  37604
Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top