Bad
Good

Science Hill High School is not a great school as evidenced by many students getting lost in the crowd. It's too large for the administration to effectively manage. In their zeal to hire the highly qualified staff, they forgot to make sure the teachers can teach, speak English, and care about the needs of all the students. Science Hill High School: where they're too big to care.

The kids are pushed hard to succeed. There are many activities for the kids to enjoy.

Parents, be sure to check your students schedule. Make sure they take all neccesary classes. My 12th grade year, 04'-05', they kicked me out because of their mistake with my schedule. They put me in classes that I shouldn't have taken without the required pre-courses. They told me in my 1st week of 12th grade that because I was 18 and 2 credits behind, I couldn't make them up.I was a "guest" of the educational system and they didn't have to provide me with an education. If I had known at the time that they couldn't do that and that I could sue them, I would have. They don't care about the students, they just want to get them out as quickly as possible. Please, please watch the schedules and ask about all courses that need to be taken in order to take another.

If your kids are into athletics, you're in luck. SHHS is all about the athletics, all the attention, money and support will go towards pampering these students. Teachers seem to see the more intensive classes (AP, IB, etc) as "more work" and they resent any funding those programs receive, seeming to think that the money somehow comes out of their own pockets. Some of them take their frustrations out on the kids, making coursework arbitrary and being rather impossible to please to somehow "get back" at the kids for striving to do more. If your child doesn't get the best grades, they will be encouraged to aspire less and dumb down their class choices so the school can get better overall marks. The staff do not care what parents think, only that they keep the money coming. School treats all kids and parents (except athletes) like delinquents who cant be trusted.

The IB Programme at Science Hill is a great addition to the school's already excellent curiculum. I am so glad that the school has taken the chance on this culturally sensitive progam to effectively prepare students for University and life thereafter. It is my highest hope that the IB Programme will continue to be offered at Science Hill for students in the future in the hope that they will be ready for an ever-globalizing world.

I am a eighth grader at Science Hill High School and it is the worst school I have ever been in. When kids are talking the teachers just stand there and look at them. It is so hard to concentrate when people are talking. I love my band class though and we have so much fun. There needs to be something done with the kids that are being really bad. I have other friends that think that this is true also. My parents think this is true too. Be smart and go to a different school.

I'm a freshman at Science Hill. I have to say, compared to all the other schools I've been to, Science Hill is by far the best one of them all. :] The teachers really do care about the students here. We have amazing classes and good extracurricular activities. (Even though band is a little ridiculous on their practicing!) I'm preparing for IB (it technically starts in 10th grade) and this really made me open my eyes to how challenging high school was going to be. Harder classes, new people, new teachers...It's a big transition! But I think the teachers there try and help us make it the best as they can. :] GO TOPPERS!

hey i go to science hill right now and i can tell you that its not great but then again no high school is. The teachers are hardworking and caring about students and i think that i will be well prepared for college next year.

Teachers of honors and AP classes excellent

Our daughter has had great teachers who excited her and made her want to learn more (in Math and Physics in particular). It is such a nice and refreshing change

Last modified Science Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.