Johnson City, TN

Towne Acres Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2014
This school only cares about test scores and control. My daughter used to love going to school until she started attending Towne Acres. The principal blew off a bullying issue that was going on. If you are in to superficial things and high test scores TA is great. If you care about your child being able to be creative and actually enjoy learning go far far away. They have a great PTA but the principal has no gall and the teachers are severely lacking.

Posted May 23, 2014
I have had the pleasure to get to know some of these teachers, and they are my inspiration. Some of these teachers are what I want to be like when I become a teacher. They have done nothing but do their very best for every single student, and I have seen that by being a tutor and an older sibling. A teacher who now is at Indian Trail gave a mother my number, after asking if it was okay with me, knowing that the child needed a little more than just the average and an outside source to give the extra along with the normal instruction was just the right thing. None of these teachers have targeted a student. They teach the student, not the test. That's the important thing here. Standards are rising, and there is so much stress added onto their lives, and they are still doing the best they can to teach the individual, not to the test. We need not tear them down because could you really do what they are doing? Probably not.

Posted May 22, 2014
I usually don't write reviews on anything because someones good work usually stands for itself but as a parent I couldn't let this 4th grade math teacher get such a bad review. She is a dedicated teacher that will prepare your child for their future. My child does NOT feel bullied at all in fact my child loves this teacher. I have had teachers in the past that are not open to communication but that is so not the case here. I have NEVER witnessed stickers being put on noses. My opinion if its worth anything is that if you want your child to suceed and feel good about themselves put them in this school and pray that you will get this woman as a teacher.

Posted May 22, 2014
We are the luckiest family to have had the honor of our children attending elementary school at Towne Acres!! Teachers and staff actually care about each child! They go above and beyond to make sure the children are understanding the curriculum. The children are taught how to be respectful and responsible and accountable for their behavior. When moving to the "next" level, teachers and staff always comment how they love having the kids from Towne Acres. I wish Towne Acres was K - 12! Great job by all parties involved in this school!

Posted October 24, 2013
We have a daughter in first grade at Towne acres, the staff and teachers have been very helpful and friendly thus far. My daughter started here in Kindergarden (wonderful experience) and has made leaps & bounds in her math & reading skills. We have been very impressed with the time and energy the teachers have invested in her. I can only hope my daughter never ever has to experience being bullied from a TEACHER (as mentioned by another parent) that would be inexcusable!!

Towne Acres Elementary School 2

Posted September 15, 2013
This school has the potential to be a good school . How ever as in some of the other commits of others I agree there is bully teachers at this school. They are very unprofessional and have no ideal how to deal with children or even what it takes to teach them. If this issue is resolved the children and parents could rest at ease knowing they are being treated right at school so they can concentrate on their work instead of making Their self sick from worry about being bullied and yelled at by a teacher. Very unsatisfied

Posted April 23, 2012
As a real estate agent living in the Town Acres Elementary area, I hear frequent comments about parent satisfaction with the school, and know there's a high degree of involvement. I've observed over the years that people who do careful research on-line before they move to this area or who have Johnson City friends giving them advice usually start out by saying "I want Towne Acres school."

Posted July 06, 2010
I have been thoroughly impressed with Towne Acres. My child had a wonderful Kindergarten experience! The principal, staff, and faculty all make you feel like family. They provide a loving, nurturing, and strong academic environment!

Posted April 30, 2010
Staff, Principle and Faculty are all A+. Great school for my kids to attend.

Towne Acres Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
I am lucky enough to be a parent and a teacher at TA. Love it! Towne Acres is the place to be!

Towne Acres Elementary School
2310 Larkspur Dr, Johnson City, TN  37604
Last modified Towne Acres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Towne Acres Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top